Thread: NBA2k2 Impressions

Default NBA2k2 Impressions

posted the same thing at teamxbox.....

picked this game up this afternoon and while i was paying for it another guy asked for it. looks like it will sell pretty well. i've played it about 3 hours so far today and i can already say its definetly the best basketball game i've ever played.

graphics: not as good as inside drive (most noticeable in the player's faces), but they certainly don't look bad.

gameplay: the gameplay is pretty similar in both games. my biggest complaints with inside drive were the ridiculously high amount of blocks, the one second picks, and almost everytime the comp. drives on the baseline they step out of bounds. nba2k2 has none of these problems, and the only similar gliche in nba2k2 is that sometimes the comp. goaltends too much.

options: inside drive has no options, so ill just talk about nba2k2. create a player, create a team, franchise, fantasy, street, and decade teams. create a player is pretty good. there are lots of options, but when you add weight to your guy it doesn't look right at all. if you make his chest and stomach bigger, it just looks like balloons are put under his shirt. street mode is excellent. there are a bunch of courts to choose from and i'm sure most of my games with friends will be played on these courts. the decade teams include 50's/60's east and west, 70's east and west, and 80's east and west. i played a 3 on 3 game today with players from the 80's. my team had larry bird, isiah thomas, and some other guy. it simply kicked ass.

i think nba2k2 is a much better game than inside drive. i'd only recommend inside drive to those graphics whores.

My impressions are very similar to yours. The gameplay is great, the graphics are good with great animations. My only problem with the game is the commentary, it can get a little too repetetive.

I hear ya on the commentary. But overall I really like the game, it's fun to play and has alot more to it than NBA ID. Of course I liked ID too, but I think I will be spending more time with 2k2 now that I have it.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I would like to try out NBA2K2. My brother bought me NBA Live 2002 for Christmas. I know this is said to be the worst of the three, however, my brother was so excited to give it to me, I could hardly tell him "Dude, can I exchange this for another game?" Dudes...I would have felt really bad!! I mean, my brother's eyes were all wide with excitement and his face was glowing in anticipation for playing it.

We ended up playing it and had a good time. I guess that's what gaming is all about. I don't play it much unless he comes over, but, one thing is for sure, NBA Live 2002 has some impressive graphics! The gameplay is kind of weak, though...it's way too easy to score.

Anyway, if anyone has read this far, I apologize! But, I definately would like to try NBA 2K2 and do a good comparison

Hey does anyone who has this game know if there is a way to pick different players when playing street ball? I can't seem to figure one out. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I played NBA 2k2 on PS2, and it didn't seem I had any control over what moves are performed. I didn't like that, I'd be running up court and want to spin left, or crossover left, and it would do some weird move to the right...

Is it still like that?

That is the one thing I noticed right away when I played Inside Drive... I especially like the post moves.

What kind of post play does NBA 2k2 have?

Is NBA 2k2 on the Xbox run and gun type style it had on the PS2 ?? It seemed pretty easy to get fast breaks going.

Default Yes!

If NBA2k2 or whatever is better than inside drive, bring it on I loved inside drive although it did lack most of the stuff like franchise and etc and so on. But I cant wait to play!
    Are you Ready for the XBox Revolution?

Originally posted by Razor70
    Hey does anyone who has this game know if there is a way to pick different players when playing street ball? I can't seem to figure one out. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Press the start button man.

Then go to Subs! WooooW!
    Next dead ball changes will be made.

Or you can customize rosters.

Dam people, Im tired of reading dumb ass questions. 80% of the questions asked can be figured out withen 10 seconds if you just stop and fuking think. PLus every game comes with this thing called a manual. Read it, youd be surprised on what you can learn.

FuK!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Bakeman
    I played NBA 2k2 on PS2, and it didn't seem I had any control over what moves are performed. I didn't like that, I'd be running up court and want to spin left, or crossover left, and it would do some weird move to the right...

Is it still like that?

That is the one thing I noticed right away when I played Inside Drive... I especially like the post moves.

What kind of post play does NBA 2k2 have?

Is NBA 2k2 on the Xbox run and gun type style it had on the PS2 ?? It seemed pretty easy to get fast breaks going.
    You can definitely control the dribble moves in 2K2; you have to know what you're doing though.

Post moves are similar and big guys can actually back down smaller guys with ease in 2K2, unlike ID.

Fast breaks are easier to get going on weaker teams because of more turnovers and misses... Other than that, you have to work for your points...

i was really hyped about NBA 2k2 but i saw on gamespot that NBA 2k3 is gonna come out this year too ! So i will probably just rent it, and wait for 2k3

I bought it last night. ITs the same thing as nba2k1 on Dreamcast. So im gonna return it sometime soon.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I think it's the best overall bball game out right now. If ID had half the features that 2k2 did, I think I'd be leaning towards ID though.

Considering that I have Inside Drive, and NBA 2k3 is suppose to be out this year, I'll probably just wait for the 2k3 lineups to come out.

Thread Information