Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft To Buy Capcom

Exclamation Microsoft To Buy Capcom

MICROSOFT TO BUY CAPCOM, SAY GOSSIPMONGERS

Rumour has just emerged that Rare wasn't the only target when Microsoft sat down with a shed-load of cash and a hunting rifle

18:05 According to senior gossipers in the UK today, Microsoft has been in discussions with Capcom in Japan with the intention of buying the company.
    The talk arrives on the back of a set of shaky financials for Capcom, where the Japanese giant wrote off approximately £70 million in the past year on scaling down company assets.

Capcom is the latest company rumoured to be targeted by Microsoft in recent weeks, after the American behemoth finally admitted it had bought Rare for the "bargain" price of £240 million.

Current talk is also pinning Sega as a possible buyout opportunity for Microsoft, although chatter on the subject has slowed in the last week.

The talk of Capcom going under the hammer has yet to be substantiated by any sources involved in possible talks. According to Japanese insiders, only two other Xbox games from Capcom have yet to be announced, one of which is a driving title.

The main focus for the Capcom, despite the shifting of Resident Evil to Nintendo hardware, firmly remains PlayStation 2.

More on this in the coming weeks. Feel the power of Microsoft's cash.

Patrick Garratt
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...y.php?id=81166
    yes! a JAPANESE girl gamer
    Hidden Content

I dont think this will happen.

Capcom will make more money by just staying a 3rd than being a 1st party
    Make me feel it................Make me feel alive again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im like you i have no name

I hope this is true. I've never been a huge Capcom fan, but seeing how great RE looked on GC, I'd love to see them exclusive the the Big Green Machine. Another game that could turn out to be a console seller is Devil May Cry. Although the first one was way too short and missing replay value, and the 2nd hasn't been released yet, the possibilities on Xbox are huge. Other games like Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom would be huge exclusive titles. Everyone would be licking thier chops at a 3d Street Fighter.

The biggest news in the article is that they are thinking of buying Sega out. That would be huge!! It would be the move that put the Xbox over PS2. MSFT would have control of the best sports franchises on the planet in NBA,NFL, NCAA, World Series Baseball, and NHL 2K series. I know NFL is still behind Madden in sales, but no God-fearing 2K3 fan that owns a PS2 would keep it and switch over to Madden. And we all know how great the NBA, NHL, and WSBB games are. With NCAA 2K4 using NFL 2K3's engine, Sega is poised to take over the sports gaming market. Crazy Taxi, SegaGT, HotD, and others would stay Xbox exclusive, and we would finally have a Mascot for our system: Sonic. Aside from Master Chief, no charcter is associated with Xbox, but Sonic would be huge.

Add those games to the new Rare games, Halo 2, UC, Brute Force, and others (in my sig) the Xbox is definately going to take over the market in my mind.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

I'd like to see it happen. MS sure needs something like this to help boost sales in Japan.

However I seriously doubt this will happen though.

Exclamation Cacpom Outlook Bleak

http://xengamers.com/sections/news/8729/
    Cacpom Outlook Bleak
    Capcom revealed today that the company expects to post losses of
    approximately 12.7 billion yen ($103 million) for the fiscal
    year ending March 2003. This stands in stark contrast to the 3.8
    billion yen profit the company initially forecast. Speaking about
    the dramatic reversal, a company spokesperson blamed losses on
    an extraordinary loss of 23.1 billion associated with the
    company's real estate holdings. It's believed Capcom has begun
    liquidating several assets including corporate offices in order
    to boost cash reserves. Aside from the devaluation of real estate
    holdings however, Capcom also blamed poor sales and increased
    operating expenses on its reversal of fortune. While news of the
    company's revised projections was released after the close of
    trading in Japan, rumors of the announcement sent shares in the
    company down nearly 3 percent on the Tokyo exchange.

Can't Microsoft make their own games instead of buying out every game company they can get their hands on?

microsoft makes (or at least produces) tons of games themselves, in fact, it seems like 1/4 of the games out there for xbox are first party games, so thats pretty good

and think about it, if you had a multi-billion dollar company, wouldnt you try and monolopolize every markket you could?

i sure as hell would, cuz the more companies you buy, the more money you make in the long run

I believe it, because Capcom is having money trouble so MS will most likely buy them out, which will rule I like Capcom games
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Nope..i don't think that capcom is going to sell to anybody.....microsoft may invest....but will never own capcom. Capcom is going to weather out this storm....... Everybody is hurting.........but the quick flood of christmas cash should make everybody feel much better about the future
    Last edited by Evil_Dr_Beefy; 09-27-2002 at 07:03 PM.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Default i i think..

that it's time to go for the rea lcompanys, and stop playing with those little kiddies...with all the respect to capcom, they are still way behind giants like sega, so I think it's time to buy sega, if this will happen then sony is finished. cuz we all know that sega is a reall master when it comes to consols...

also what I think that they are trying to remove nintendo from the planet, if u take a closer look step by step they are tearing a part nintendo exculisve companys, and making by that the reason to buy nintendo almost zero.

so, whatI think that will be the end is that microsoft will eventully kill nintendo , and letting them the option to be in with them.

so it will be :

micorosft. nintendo,capcom,rare.ssega vs sony......bye bye sony...

Hey Ayanami someone beat you too it!!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...threadid=24075

But I will post what I sayed in the other post!!

I hope they buyout Both Capcom & Namco!!
    Capcom has ben Nintendo's Bit** for to long!!
    Because of that I'm not buying there games(plus the fact they haven make any thing I like for the XBox)!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

odpr.......Dude, sorry but i think your wrong about capcom. Capcom is a major powerhouse in console gaming. If anything...i think that sega is behind them.....Nintendo is going to go third party in the next three years..following sega's lead. Sony isn't going anywhere.........i will take the japanese craftsmanship over microsoft's deep pockets anyday............my two cents
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Capcom support for the XBox sucks and I will not support them onto they start giving better support for the XBox!!
    Let them Burn and Die!! The only good XBox game coming out from them is Steel Battalion but I'm not paying $200 for a game from a Company that shows so little support for the XBox!!

Onimusha

Devil May Cry

Resident Evil

Perfect Dark

Conker

Banjo

Kameo

Halo

Project Gotham

Sales could pick up rather quickly if these titles are ONLY ON XBOX. Picking up Capcom would without a doubt help Xbox sales in Japan and the United States. Now if MS could only get Capcom to stop making poor choices in real estate.......

Resi Evil XBOX Exclusive would kick ass but i do not see this happening. As great as it would be I think Nintendo have a strong hold on Capcom...then again I though all the RARE rumors were false so im probably wrong!
    If Practice Makes Perfect, And Nobody's Perfect, Why Practice?

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Outback_Ash
    Resi Evil XBOX Exclusive would kick ass but i do not see this happening. As great as it would be I think Nintendo have a strong hold on Capcom...then again I though all the RARE rumors were false so im probably wrong!
    Nintendo doesn't have any real power over Capcom, especially since they make ALOT of games for PS2, Res. Evil is one of the only big names from Capcom on GC.

However, Nintendo did have a HUGE hold over Rare, and look what happened. I can definitely see MS buying Capcom, I would be surprised if it didn't happen.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If this thing will happen then the rank of the three consoles will change. Well, after all we cannot miss theses ones that's gonna have a big impression in the market of gaming world:

Residen Evil Series (survival-horror that start it all)
    Street Fighter Series (mother of the figther game)
    Dino Crisis Series and a lots more

If all of these games are ONLY on the Xbox, well we will have a lots of killers to track down the other console.

Nintendo Gamecube: Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil
    Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy
    Xbox: Halo, Dead or Alive

That's is was i'm thinking about the top one on every console. Next year, it's gonna be a real deal for who will be mark "console of the year". Just wait and see.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by The Informer
    Can't Microsoft make their own games instead of buying out every game company they can get their hands on?
    then why doesnt sony make there own games,o wait they do an they suck,i hope ms buys every game company know to man!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Originally posted by DIGITAL
    then why doesnt sony make there own games,o wait they do an they suck,i hope ms buys every game company know to man!
    Buying eveyone wouldn't be good because there's some crapy ones!!

true!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Thread Information