Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...Who dosn't like JSRF and why?!

Default OK...Who dosn't like JSRF and why?!

subject explains it all!

Default ...

wow
    nobody posted so far
    looks like nobody who has it doesn't like it
    i'm getting my copy tomorrow and can't wait
    i've played the dreamcast version and it's pretty cool riding on all the rails
    it's like playing ssx tricky but without all the wipeouts

Skating around and spray painting stuff just doesn't get my goat.

I just bought it and it is way better than the one on dc. The graphics are great and it has awesome music. There is all new characters and worlds. I recommend getting it.

When I watched the preview on the January disk of Xbox Magazine, it looked frickin' ANNOYING. I have no interest in buying this game.

Default no interest in JSRF

i have no interest in checking out the game cause it looks like a kids game. with the power of the x-box, developers can do better with graphics than cell shading - it makes the game look like it's from 10 years ago.

Default i just got my copy today..

i forced myself into playing it for more than an hour
    the sound/music is VERY annoying and after a little while, i see no point in the game
    it's just rollerblading around and finding little circles and after you find that circle, you press a button
    i see no lasting appeal in the game and the multiplayer mode isn't that fun
    i find this game as bad as fusion frenzy

i'm gonna return this for tony hawk or rallysport challenge

blub blub blub

Default Re: no interest in JSRF

Originally posted by murken
    i have no interest in checking out the game cause it looks like a kids game. with the power of the x-box, developers can do better with graphics than cell shading - it makes the game look like it's from 10 years ago.
    Uh, I hate to break this to you, but cel shading in full 3d is a fairly NEW technique...you can't name 5 games that use it I'd bet, and out of those 5 how many look as good as JSRF? None. And it IS using the power of the Xbox...it runs smooth as silk even through areas where there are lots and lots of people milling around and cars zooming past. I understand that people have opinions, but ****, at least be more informed first. Oh yeah, nice first post too

Thumbs down

I played it today and I won't say it's a bad game, but it's definatly a game you'll either love or hate.

mostly likely if your expecting THPS with tagging your gonna hate this game.

for me personally I just played it for a half hour and even that was forcing myself to play that long. when I left that game there was no interest left in it.

For those of you who've only played it for an hour or less, you're missing out on all of the challenges & unlockable characters, music, Grafitti Souls, and Mystery Tapes. There's a lot more to it than just skating around painting stuff.

Wait 'til you get to the shanty-town (I can't remember the name) It's WAY up in the air, with lots of wires, billboard & pipes to grind on to get to the top of the town. Rapid 99's area is also pretty sweet too. Haven't been past that so far.

No, it's *NOT* Tony Hawk with graffiti. It was never intended to be, nor is it advertised as such.
    ___/\/\ystakill
    Now playing: JSRF
    (There are other games on Xbox?!?)

Originally posted by Mystakill
    For those of you who've only played it for an hour or less, you're missing out on all of the challenges & unlockable characters, music, Grafitti Souls, and Mystery Tapes. There's a lot more to it than just skating around painting stuff.

Wait 'til you get to the shanty-town (I can't remember the name) It's WAY up in the air, with lots of wires, billboard & pipes to grind on to get to the top of the town. Rapid 99's area is also pretty sweet too. Haven't been past that so far.

No, it's *NOT* Tony Hawk with graffiti. It was never intended to be, nor is it advertised as such.
    I have to say that i totally agree with you on this one.

Default GAMES GAMES GAMES

jsrf is like gta3 on wheels except no stealing just spraying and ezer to get away from the police

Default JSRF

If you take it down to its base function the game is just Mario64. Do moves to get to certain areas.Instead of grabing coins you tag things. Certain Boss monsters on differnt stages. Its just a very stylized version of that with a new concept. I personally find it to be very enjoyable.

I also find my self humming the one song with the lyrics "extra sugar, extra salt"
    Insanity is just another form of alternative thinking.

I played this game for the Dreamcast and thought it was great. I haven't got the change to play the new version, but I am sure it is A LOT better.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Default I once was like some of you...

For all of you knocking cell shading I was just like you once, and Road Rage and Cell Damage didn't convince me otherwise. But after purchasing JSRF cell shading has come into a new perspective for me. In the first few hours of playing this game I have to admit I was frustrated and wondered why I even bought the game, but after playing the game for awhile and getting a good feel for it you will find that this game has alot of depth, replay value, and that it's one awesome game to play (it's better single player than multi). It's so much more than just spraying and skating.

oh yea by the way, how could you even compare this game to GTA3 let alone THPS??? this game is in a genre of it's own.

Default Re: Re: no interest in JSRF

Originally posted by darianX

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but cel shading in full 3d is a fairly NEW technique...you can't name 5 games that use it I'd bet, and out of those 5 how many look as good as JSRF? None. And it IS using the power of the Xbox...it runs smooth as silk even through areas where there are lots and lots of people milling around and cars zooming past. I understand that people have opinions, but ****, at least be more informed first. Oh yeah, nice first post too
    perhaps i was too sarcastic for your 'enourmous intelligence' to grasp. there, do the quote marks help to set off my sarcasm?

At first, I did not think this game would be my kind of bag...But it does look kinda cool! So I am goin to rent it tonight...hopefully I like it! If not, Ill get RSC or THPS3! There are just so many great games for the X-Box right now!

I'm immediately turned off by cell-shaded games, but the attention that JSRF seems to be generating has got me interested. I'll rent it :P

I don't like it. I think it is a **** poor game to be exclusive to the xbox. Only on xbox is cool when it is halo. When it is JSRF it is a joke. I have more fun in the shower than I could have with this game.

Talking

I personally LIKE the game, Everyone is right though, its either a Love it or Hate it kinda game. The layout is good, but the best part is the exploration of the levels and finding the hidden features!!!! Its at least worth the $6 to rent then go buy it!!!!

Thread Information