Thread: Final Fantasy XI on Xbox?

Lightbulb Final Fantasy XI on Xbox?

Quote from the Official Xbox Magazine: "By now, you all know that Sony has purchased a 19% interest in Square, seemingly ruining any chance of the Xbox receiving any version of Final Fantasy... or so it would seem. [The Official Xbox Magazine] hears that Square is less than happy with Sony's poor online plans and is making a pitch to do Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox. Obviously, that isn't going over well with Sony, but considering the financial woes of Squaresoft, it is completely possibe that Sony would let this happen. One industry insider stated off the record that it would be financial suicide to release a multi-million dollar game like Final Fantasy XI on a console that requires a $140 add-on just to play the game. If you remember back in the days of PlayStation and Sega Saturn, a wholly owned Sony subsidiary (Psygnosis) actually developed several Saturn games including its top-tier title Wipeout. Lets hope history repeats itself and we get Final Fantasy on Xbox after all."
    What does everyone feel about this?

Couldn't agree more. Please search for my post on Final Fantasy for Xbox. The bottom line is that Square wants to make as much money as possible and Xbox is the best direction for them. Don't forget that when Square profits Sony does too. No one wants to let this opportunity slip away.
    Last edited by Dar; 02-28-2002 at 05:33 PM.

Yes, I want FFXI to be on Xbox, but another thing that OXM said was that there is only a 30% chance that it will be. That doesn't sound too good, but my hoped are still high.

Maybe with the power of the XBOX Square could finally make a game that looks as good as their FMV.

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

Wink look on the bright side

at least there is a chance that it will come to Xbox...
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

I wish Final Fantasy would come on xbox but I don't think it will.

Why does everyone like Final Fantasy so much? They all seem to be the same thing to me.

whats this about a 140 dollar upgrade to play FFX1?

I used to post here a lot.

Originally posted by wwfraven2k
    whats this about a 140 dollar upgrade to play FFX1?
    PS2 doesn't have a hard drive or a modem. In order to play online games, you need both. Hard drives are around $100 and modems are around $40.

Member on the run

The 140 comes from the HDD for the PoS2. That includes a harddrive and a modem. The problem with FFXI is that it requires a HD and it requires online play. Therefore, the only way any people are going to be able to play FFXI on the PoS2 is by buying the HDD. Basically means that they bought a system that is close to the XBox (in storage capacity anyway) for 140 on top of what they originally paid. Gotta love add-ons!

Also oxm said the chances of FFXI hitting xbox were 10 to 1, doesn’t sound very promising. That’s way I own three systems.

Originally posted by fear_this
    Why does everyone like Final Fantasy so much? They all seem to be the same thing to me.

for one thing it's the greatest RPG series of all time this side of Phantasy Star. I would hold my breath for FFXI, but I think FFXII is a possibility!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

for one thing it's the greatest RPG series of all time this side of Phantasy Star.
    dam right ninja!!!!!

like ive said before........the FF series prob has da best story line of any game, its in depth!!......and the possibility of online play, WOO!!!!......ill hold my breath along wit u NJ!!

i must respectfuly disagree. ff is less of a traditional rpg, and more of a cartoonish stat builder. there isnt much role playing. if you want to talk about a series of rpgs that are truly great, you have to start talking about the ultima or wizardry series. these are the games that all video rpgs owe everything their heritage to. also they constantly redifined themselves and evolved. ff has been the same, trite, japanese style game since #7. i could care less about ff. wait till morrowind, if you want to truly experience what a good rpg should be.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    Also oxm said the chances of FFXI hitting xbox were 10 to 1, doesn’t sound very promising. That’s way I own three systems.
    The new April issue of OXM changed the odds of FFXI coming to Xbox to 30%, which is a 3 out of 10 chance.

I personally think RPGs are boring as hell and hope it doesn't come out for the Xbox.

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

I THINK THEYVE MADE ENOUGH FINAL FANTASYS

True dat. 10????? And when did the first one come out, like 1997?

closer to 1987
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

Originally posted by AvedisZ
    True dat. 10????? And when did the first one come out, like 1997?
    The FF that came out in 1997 was FFVII and they're on X now. I think that RPGs are really fun! C'mon!

Thread Information