Thread: I think the Xbox should say the hell with FF and go after NWN.

Default I think the Xbox should say the hell with FF and go after NWN.

My house got robbed and the only thing I lost was my Dreamcast and 500 dollars worth of games. Well that aint that bad considering I rarely played most of the games and at least 8 of them were just given to me by people who were sick of them. So when I get the insurance money I have am either going to get a PS2 or an Xbox. I never liked the FF series anyway but PS2 has other perks. I'm leaning twords Xbox but PS2 has Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance. I just feel that Xbox is built to port PC games and they have not done it. NWN would be huge what's up Xbox's arse?

Default Patience and Time my son

I have the best of both worlds if you can call it that.

I have Xbox and PS2, PS2 is momentarily fufilling my needs, but in the long run Xbox will be the system to beat, if not already.

In my opinion FF is overhyped, it is a good series, but I would not base my decision for a console solely on that fact alone

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

If youre so concerned with getting pc ports, why dont you just stick with your pc??????????

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Default Re: I think the Xbox should say the hell with FF and go after NWN.

Originally posted by Bigwig
    My house got robbed and the only thing I lost was my Dreamcast and 500 dollars worth of games. Well that aint that bad considering I rarely played most of the games and at least 8 of them were just given to me by people who were sick of them. So when I get the insurance money I have am either going to get a PS2 or an Xbox. I never liked the FF series anyway but PS2 has other perks. I'm leaning twords Xbox but PS2 has Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance. I just feel that Xbox is built to port PC games and they have not done it. NWN would be huge what's up Xbox's arse?
    Okay wig, what is NWN, and dont hate on Final Fantasy just because it's PoS2 exclusive thus far. The series is the best in RPG and how can you not be upset at losing your Dreamcast?

I dont play mine often but I know I would be pi$$ed if it got stolen, no doubt bro!
    DC is a classic. Just because you dont play it anymore doesnt mean it's not worth anything to you.
    Dreamcast is my most favorite system ever.
    btw, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy the cool ass members here!

Default Re: Patience and Time my son

Originally posted by Chronik
    I have the best of both worlds if you can call it that.

1.I have Xbox and PS2, PS2 is momentarily fufilling my needs, but in the long run Xbox will be the system to beat, if not already.

2.In my opinion FF is overhyped, it is a good series, but I would not base my decision for a console solely on that fact alone
    1. whatever makes you happy more power to you, but your d@mn right about Xbox over coming those b@stards!

2. True dat, the series is vastly over-rated, but I disagree with you on the Final Fantasy series not being a series based on ones decision to buy a system for one game.
    Cause FF is a killer app series and sells consoles on it's name alone, wheather the game kicks ass or not.

who the hell would rob a house and only take a dreamcast and some games? what dumb pieces of sh*t. i would go for the money, tv, computer, and other stuff that i could sell to get alot of money. the robbers could just buy the dreamcast and burn the games for less than 100 bucks

Default Re: Re: I think the Xbox should say the hell with FF and go after NWN.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Okay wig, what is NWN, and dont hate on Final Fantasy just because it's PoS2 exclusive thus far. The series is the best in RPG and how can you not be upset at losing your Dreamcast?

I dont play mine often but I know I would be pi$$ed if it got stolen, no doubt bro!
    DC is a classic. Just because you dont play it anymore doesnt mean it's not worth anything to you.
    Dreamcast is my most favorite system ever.
    btw, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy the cool ass members here!
    I liked my Dreamcast I just was more into my PC games at the time and I was thinking about selling it and getting an Xbox anyway. I also was happy that was all they took of mine. I'm not hateing on FF cause It's on PS2 at all. I just think the series is week corny and not very fun. I rather get a PS2 for Metal Gear BG Dark Alliance and GTA2. Now Xbow has Enclave and Marrowind(sp) or whatever it's called so I am leaning twords Xbox but NWN would make me fall all over Xbox. Oh NWN is Neverwinter Nights. Check it out on a vid game site. It has multiplayer abilities that will make you cream your draws. Thats the future in vid games and Xbox is not using it's hardware. They have PC capabilities and they are happy to hump their shoulders and be another home console. If BG Dark Aliance was as multiplayable as NWN will be on the PC the game would be the best RPG ever end of story no debate. Xbox allready has the best sports games if they crossed there PC capabilites with games like Dark Aliance on-line and NWN they would have the best RPG's too.

yea, i think that squaresoft is trying to milk the ff franchise for all its worth (do we really need 11 games, when theyre basically all the same?). theres not even 11 mortal kombat or street fighter games

As much as I hate to say it because I love RPGs and I Love my Xbox . At it stands today - the Xbox couldn't handle Neverwinter Nights (NWN).

The multiplayer aspects of NWN require at least a keyboard and mouse to come out for the Xbox before you could really do the campain building that so sets NWN apart from the other RPG's that precede it. This is the same reason that I will probably get Marrowind for the computer and not for my Xbox because the ability do download the worlds and adventures that others make and to in turn share my own creations is part of the greatness of the new generation of RPG's. Yes, you could probably make a crippled version of NWN for the Xbox, but what would be the point. I'm afraid that this will also be the case for Marrowind. Wait unil Project Ego comes out and play an RPG that was designed from the ground up for this platform.

And yes, I know that the Xbox is internet enabled and that we'll ba able to download addons to our games (in thoery anyway) but let's admit it, probably only from the game publishers, not from the internet community at large. Look at what has come out of the modding movement for FPS games! Games like NWN, Marrowind (the PC version) and Dungeon Seige look like they could hold the promise to allow users to do the same thing in RPG's.

Ok, I'll shut up now
    Last edited by morgan_rhys; 03-01-2002 at 08:33 PM.

Ask yourself, Why does Square continue with FF when they can make any game and name it whatever? Answer, FF name alone sells. Doesn't matter if its a good one or not. The bulk of there sale comes from Name recognition. They could call a chess game FF and it will sell.

They can make an epic rpg in all its glory and call it anything but FF and it will not sell as good as a FF of lesser quality.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Default Re: Re: I think the Xbox should say the hell with FF and go after NWN.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

DC is a classic.
    I think it's funny that DC is already called 'classic' when it's not even 3 years old.

Thread Information