3.5, 4, 4

Small Articles:
    Q-man
    doa online in 2004
    super fx chip for GBA
    design furniture in Animal crossing 2
    New Road Rash
    Other def jam sports game

Three different covers for each SCII console version.

Big Articles:
    TRUE CRIME VS GTA
    4 new systems (n-gage, phantom, discover, helix)
    war games (MOH, etc)
    Nintendo changes strategy

Looks like Madden is yet again the best national football title this year. Even if EA's games on xbox don't have live, they are still great and worth purchasing.
    Last edited by cheetahmanhood; 07-25-2003 at 01:16 AM.
    Xbox Games I own:
    1.unreal championship 2.mechassault
    3.battle engine aquila 4.RTCW
    5.PGR 6.Oddworld 7.Brute Force
    8.Halo 9.Timesplitters 2 10.Max Payne
    11.Tony Hawk 3 12.Dead Or Alive 3
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2
    Need For Speed Underground (for PS2)

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Shame KOTOR didnt get GOTM. Im not going to call them biased or anything because of it though. Soul Calibur 2 is probably amazing.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Shame KOTOR didnt get GOTM. Im not going to call them biased or anything because of it though. Soul Calibur 2 is probably amazing.
    Yeah, SC 2 must be great to get Game Of The Month.
    Xbox Games I own:
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Default Re: New EGM Scores!

Oh hell no, I dont believe one second that Madden is better than ESPN NFL2k4 this year. Madden was second best last year and they didnt add that many changes.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: Re: New EGM Scores!

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    Oh hell no, I dont believe one second that Madden is better than ESPN NFL2k4 this year. Madden was second best last year and they didnt add that many changes.
    I agree. But Madden has more exras, with the mini camps and stuff, but its not realeastic. NFL 2k4 is very realestic but very little exras.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Im still waiting for my issue in da mail.
    btw, who's on da cover?

As far as Soul Calibur 2 getting GOTM it more than likely deserved it.
    Da first SC on Dreamcast is still da greatest fighting game of all-times. Atleast until SC2 ships next month.

KOTOR looks to have got da scores it should recieve.
    I dont think it's any better than anything else I have played.

BUt 1 GC review! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dat consoles on it's way out da gaming wars, .. actually it already is!

Default Re: Re: Re: New EGM Scores!

Originally posted by faceoff508

I agree. But Madden has more exras, with the mini camps and stuff, but its not realeastic. NFL 2k4 is very realestic but very little exras.
    EA probably buys it's reviews from EGM and as well as other gaming mags.

Either way, Sega still makes da best d@mn football games out.
    But one thing is foe sho-they need to work on da extra's.

Like when in da hell are they gonna ever input "challenging" a play?

Member on the run

Ninja, you own a gamecube right?

Also, I've played Soul Caliber II at E3, and as much as I love KOTOR, I can see why SC II could get the GOTM. If another game came out this month instead of SC II, i think KOTOR would definetly have gotten the nod.

Yeah, dats right DoodoDogX! KidNinja owns a GC and aint ashamed of it.
    Resident Evil Remake & Zelda Da Wink Waker own you foo!!

I make pimp tight cake from da j.o.b so dropping a dime & nickle foe a Cube wont nuttin to me.

As foe SC2, I know you aint talkin, cause you blow at fighting games. You might as well quit before you get started.... kinda like how you did with CapcomVs.SNK2EO when I single handedly made you retire.

Kinda like what it says on da bottom of my siggy.

I Assassinated yo candy ass on XBL!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 07-25-2003 at 09:26 AM.

Member on the run

Two things bro, one, I wasn't making fun of you as much as I was laughing about you saying it's already out of the market, and yet you own it...just funny to me.

Also, SC2 is an entirely different game than Capcom vs SNK2, and I can promise you that I could easily give you competition in that game! If it was on Live, I'd play you in a heart beat, as it stands, when I talked with the developers at E3 they didn't think it was going to be...Hmm...do I smell a challenge, maybe we'll have to meet up for some ass whooping/trash talking sessions!

as I thought... Fever would suck, and 2k4 would flourish

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Two things bro, one, I wasn't making fun of you as much as I was laughing about you saying it's already out of the market, and yet you own it...just funny to me.

Also, SC2 is an entirely different game than Capcom vs SNK2, and I can promise you that I could easily give you competition in that game! If it was on Live, I'd play you in a heart beat, as it stands, when I talked with the developers at E3 they didn't think it was going to be...Hmm...do I smell a challenge, maybe we'll have to meet up for some ass whooping/trash talking sessions!
    YO, it's whatever homie! If you wanna come over your XBA Role Model's Crib when SC2 ships i'll be more than willing to Lay Da SmackDizzy on yo titties with da Sony 49'inch HDTV WideScrizzy, Naw Mizzy?!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i'm not surpirsed w/ the sc2 score...it was outstanding @e3.

wheres borka....look at those football scores!

xbAWOL

On which platform did they rate SC2???

Btw, who is making the Helix and who is making the Discover??

I have to admit that I am surprised by those football scores. I don't always trust EBM reviews, but still I figured that Fever would make a better showing. Looking forward to reading the full review.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    i'm not surpirsed w/ the sc2 score...it was outstanding @e3.

wheres borka....look at those football scores!

i could careless what egm said. They've trashed some of the best xbox games in the past........

and I don't think you should be that happy either when the never new madden is getting a 9.5 and the every year improved nfl2k4 is getting a 7.5 and 8......

I'll bet my very last dollar they didn't even play the games online or try out xsn! That's what's important to me.....

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

I don't think 2k3 was #1 football game last year (though 2k4 does have a shot this year). The single reason I despised it was you charged up your arrow, press the dive button, and you could dive long enough to tackle anyone within approx. 7 yard radius. So when it looked like you smoked the CB the AI (or human opponent) would just charge up and easily tackle him. I liked all the animations they added though last year.

As for this year though, I think Sega is gonna dominate in all the other sports categories (hockey with NHL2k4, baseball with the next installment of World Series, and although there is a lot of competition in the basketball department, NBA2k4 will hopefully take the crown.) For football, I'm just not too sure the addition of First-Person football will do anything for it (buying stuff for your crib though sounds cool). It'll be a much closer race than last year.

Back on topic, I agree with Borka. You can't go by the scoresEGM gives now-a-days (yes there was a time when EGM was a great magazine). By putting a review in the magazine, you think they've played the final version. In EGM's case they release a review very prior to the release of a game in their magazine based on the beta copies they have which I find totally unfair to games not exactly near completion. You hear game developers say a lot that 'the last 10% of development is when the majority of the game is programmed' (somethin along those lines). Generally games in EGM with good scores are really, really, hyped so they just rate them high cause they presume they will be good.
    Last edited by mrmp3; 07-25-2003 at 10:35 AM.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

Originally posted by MixMasta
    On which platform did they rate SC2???

Btw, who is making the Helix and who is making the Discover??
    Check out the new upcoming issue of EGM, to find out.
    Well okay, the discover is a pc like gaming system, like the phantom, but it does not seem as ready, and the Helix is a new handheld system from a start up company called tapwave, formed by ex palm people. They will announce it later this year, and it should be awesome.
    Last edited by cheetahmanhood; 07-25-2003 at 01:06 PM.
    Xbox Games I own:
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2

Default Re: Re: New EGM Scores!

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    You guys, just face it, maybe Madden 2004 is the best NFL football title this year. Why all this EA hate, because no xbox live?
    Well, the xbox is lucky enough to get EA's games, and if you boycott them, because they don't have live, then EA will move to just PS2 and Gamecube as their main selling systems.
    In my opinion, Madden is the best Nfl football title this year other than sega ESPN NFL football. We will see when all these great games are released, if EGM scores are evn close.
    Xbox Games I own:
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2

Default Re: Re: Re: New EGM Scores!

Originally posted by cheetahmanhood

Why all this EA hate, because no xbox live? Well, the xbox is lucky enough to get EA's games, and if you boycott them, because they don't have live, then EA will move to just PS2 and Gamecube as their main selling systems.
    In my opinion, Madden is the best Nfl football title this year other than sega ESPN NFL football. We will see when all these great games are released, if EGM scores are evn close.
    There's no good reason not to have Xbox Live capabilities. Microsoft has made it easy for all developers/publishers to create Live games. Xbox doesn't need EA to survive. EA doesn't produce any amazing games IMO and many would agree. Oh and it's really obvious that your completely biased and an EA fanboy, because you claim Madden is better than the others. Which is impossible to know, seeing as none of the big 3 NFL titles have been released on any console.

Thread Information