Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Xbox HD

Thanks for beating me to a screencap Shannon.

But I should probably put the bottle down and toss out the little funny cigs anyway.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Is that a tv or a digital monior? It looks pretty cool.

Back to the topic anywayz.....

Yeah, it's formatted to 8 GB, with what many people believe is about 3-4 seperate 2 GB partitions.

With approx 502 on a 8MB memory card (there are most likely to be 10 used for other purposes), a total of 512, that makes for 16 KB per block....

It makes for about 512,000 or so blocks on a XBOX, with most likely only 3 of those partitions to be able to be written to, that leaves about 384,000 to be able to be used. Which is a truckload...

It all depends on how the contract is really structured, and how legal an EULA is as to the clauses mentioned in it, as to how legal or illegal mods are to the XBOX....

That's all I will say about that topic..

Originally posted by BCan
    Back to the topic anywayz.....

Yeah, it's formatted to 8 GB, with what many people believe is about 3-4 seperate 2 GB partitions.

With approx 502 on a 8MB memory card (there are most likely to be 10 used for other purposes), a total of 512, that makes for 16 KB per block....

It makes for about 512,000 or so blocks on a XBOX, with most likely only 3 of those partitions to be able to be written to, that leaves about 384,000 to be able to be used. Which is a truckload...

It all depends on how the contract is really structured, and how legal an EULA is as to the clauses mentioned in it, as to how legal or illegal mods are to the XBOX....

That's all I will say about that topic..
    but being they have approximately 384,000 blocks on the xbox, the 50,000+ indicator is hardly an efficient way of showing how much space is being used on the hard drive. most people think "oh, i still have 50,000+ blocks on my hard drive, i havent even tapped into my xbox resources yet, but in all reality, they could have anywhere between 1%-87% full. I know that the 384,000 is just a guess on space, but whatever it is, the same concept still applies
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

Thread Information