Thread: XBOX Online

Giggling @ A Hippopatamus

Post XBOX Online

I know for sure that the Xbox will have online capabilities before theh end of this year. I also know that it will most likely be available for such games as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Unreal Championship, and Turok: Evolution.

But what many gamers, like me, are concerned about when the Xbox goes online are viruses. They have plagued some online PC games for quite some time now, and with a brand new and vulnerable system like the Xbox, it can sure happen again.

So what I want to know is, what is Microsoft doing to protect the Xbox from viruses when it goes online?

dude have you not looked up anything?

xbox is already online right now on gamespy and microsoft said they would by the summer and i dont think we have to worry bout viruses
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

I don't think that viruses are going to be a big problem for the Xbox. I has a pretty tightly locked-up code base for one, and frankly the simple fact that computers are a so much easier target will keep the maladjusts busy.
    Frankly, the only thing that I'm worrying about in re: Xbox Online is if it is going to have enough to make it a "must" to spend money on.

i read an article about xbox online and viruses. i forget where i found it, but ti said you don't have to worry about viruses, since the xbox is not like a computer.

the xbox only runs on a windows kernel and not the actual whole windows os, so the virus wouldn't be able to execute. And how would a virus be put on the hardrive, and who would be so mean as to try to attempt this? ;P

official xbox online will be 10x better than gamespy.
    Moderator of the best xbox forums on the planent (in my opinion) Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thread Information