Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SpaceGhost2K's Customs

Registered User tinytoonsbuster's Avatar

i'm pretty sure ebay does not count "multiple hits from the same person" only once.
    My Wishlist!
    X05 Canada - Maple Leaf Tile
    Star Ocean Japan Faceplate
    Tales of Vesperia Japan Faceplate

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoonsbuster View Post
    i'm pretty sure ebay does not count "multiple hits from the same person" only once.
    It doesn't. If I look three times, it adds three to the total.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

tis117.com

Talking

hey space when u gonna post ur next line of customs?

I had someone buy 12 grenades from me that they needed for an event, so I've been scrambling to get them done and Fed Ex'ed. I've been trying to get hired by a couple of places and have been running back and forth. I've been trying to get my projector fixed. And I've actualy gone out on a date a couple of times. This, after spending six months doing almost nothing else except faceplates.

Most of the plates I'm making right now are just like plates I've already made, so it makes no sense to add a bunch of the same pics.

The Itachi plate is done.
    The WTF Rory plate is done, as well as one other WTF plate.
    I have a couple of the Halo 3 plates done.
    I'm working on four Guitar Hero plates
    Working on the Halo Girlfriend plate.
    Working on a TMNT plate.
    Working on an Iron Man plate.
    Finished a Lupin III plate. (No decision on attaching the figure yet).
    I have 11 primered plates that need to be painted.
    I'm turning down new plate requests.
    Working on a new LOST plate. Get the money ready for this one, people.
    Working on a Batman plate. This one is for someone, but when you see it, I'm going to get destroyed with requests. Ghost, 'luv, set some money aside. I'm serious.
    A Playstation 3 plate that I will eBay and give the proceeds to a friend of mine who's house burned down on the 3rd. More about this when it's ready.

I'll have some "new" stuff to show soon. Promise. I'm just trying to get them all done while having other things that need to be done, too.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I can't wait to see the LOST plate and Batman plate.

tis117.com

SWEET can't wait to get that itachi plate in the mail its gonna be epic all my naruto loving friends are gonna be so damn jealous ty space

The bottom four plates on Page Two are new as of 2/8.

The WTF? plate is for chronik120
    The WTF? RORY plate is for jackofallaces
    The Itachi 2 plate is for, um, I had it here somewhere... oh yeah, jarkman.
    And I THINK the Halo 3 plate is for either chronik120 or zero infinity. My description for zero is kinda vague. I need to look more into it.

OK, this is insane. There are now 22,500 hits on this thread.

Doesn't seem like it's a problem, but it is. How? Because I only get 25 GB of bandwidth per month at Photobucket, where all my pics are hosted, and this rush of traffic is killing it. I've NEVER gotten a notice from them that I was close to 25 GB in a month. I JUST got one that said I"m already at 20 GB and it's only the NINTH of the month!

Come on, so of you guys who are cruisin' through here.. tell us where you're all coming from.

Nato, is there a way behind the scenes to see what links are directing the traffic? I mean crap, you'd think I was Britney Spears or something.

Actually, if I could store them on XBA's servers, they have bandwidth to spare. That's what is GOING to happen once the database is up. ALL of the plates, corporate and customs, will all be hosted here so they're not all over the place. But Photobucket is going to max out WAY before the database gets up.

Hmmm that is a good question. Not that I know of because I never had a reason until now. Let me look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Nato, is there a way behind the scenes to see what links are directing the traffic? I mean crap, you'd think I was Britney Spears or something.

Banned

Doesn't seem like it's a problem, but it is. How? Because I only get 25 GB of bandwidth per month at Photobucket, where all my pics are hosted, and this rush of traffic is killing it. I've NEVER gotten a notice from them that I was close to 25 GB in a month. I JUST got one that said I"m already at 20 GB and it's only the NINTH of the month!

Come on, so of you guys who are cruisin' through here.. tell us where you're all coming from.

maybe not britneu but ya i see your problem and we should start posting stuff on other threads just from you like visit here for spacey's plates and have only pictures of you plates posted, but ya 22,000 hits your famous now ms you send you a contract

But see, that wouldn't help. It would just make 20K hits in three threads instead of one thread.

Also, I know if they load Page One, it loads like 75 pictures, and each one has bandwidth. But if I spread those over 75 pages, as people looked at each one, the bandwidth would still be consumed.

I could combine multiple plates into one picture. The only problem that would solve though is getting more plates per post.

One solution would be to make the pictures smaller. If I cut their size down by 50% in each direction, I'd be cutting my bandwidth use down by 75%. But then I've got small pics.

I think the real solution is to just get them off Photobucket and onto XBA"s servers where the bandwidth isn't as big an issue. I will call Kam in a bit and see if I can get access and instructions for that. He's already committed the space to the database. This would just be a preliminary step. In fact, they all have to be uploaded anyway. I could just start uploading stuff right now and link to it in the thread, and then reassign them tot he database later.

I've been one of those lurkers for a while. Started when I tried making an account with my gamertag (FunkyMonkeyBass), and the site said it was already in use. So I just got used to trolling. I've bid on a couple of your plates in the last few months...and was always a fair chunk from winning. Your plates look amazing! Then my 4 year old saw the blinged out ones your ma made. I have never heard him whine so much for something. I told him I was just going to bid the minimum and pray I didn't win. Now that I have it on my 360, it looks ten times better than the pictures...thanks! And tell you mom thanks as well. Cause now my 2 year old daughter wants to try her hand in making one...

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyMonkeyBas5 View Post
    I've been one of those lurkers for a while. Started when I tried making an account with my gamertag (FunkyMonkeyBass), and the site said it was already in use. So I just got used to trolling. I've bid on a couple of your plates in the last few months...and was always a fair chunk from winning. Your plates look amazing! Then my 4 year old saw the blinged out ones your ma made. I have never heard him whine so much for something. I told him I was just going to bid the minimum and pray I didn't win. Now that I have it on my 360, it looks ten times better than the pictures...thanks! And tell you mom thanks as well. Cause now my 2 year old daughter wants to try her hand in making one...
    Welcome Welcome to the site. I am sooo happy to see that you took the time to join the site. So if you are a faceplate collector you need to share with us your collection.

Also if you have a question or need anything just ask I am always here to help.

Nato

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    Welcome Welcome to the site. I am sooo happy to see that you took the time to join the site. So if you are a faceplate collector you need to share with us your collection.

Also if you have a question or need anything just ask I am always here to help.

Nato
    Well from the formality of nato heres a good old welcome from a complete faceplate addict, glad to see you came, took you long enough and i hope you dont look like this jk glad to see a new face and space (space_ghost) should be with you shortly

I thank you and she thanks you. I've wanted to do some like that for a while and just haven't been able to fit any in. I'm having less and less time to use this as a "creative outlet" because I'm spending all of my time making plates from other people's ideas.

Welcome. Even if that's the one plate you've got, from an "Ooh, that's cool" standpoint, I hope you hang around.

Jak, your faceplate is done and I haven't heard from you.

Banned

Jak, your faceplate is done and I haven't heard from you.
    same with mine but i just need to figure one thing out... my paypal just committed suicide, did you get prefered by attaching bank account or getting ebay credit card spacey???

I have my checking account attached to my PayPal account. I can pay from my cc or my db or my checking acct. Then I can withdraw funds back into my checking.

That's how they verify your account though. They make a small deposit and you tell them how much they made. Or if you have online banking, they can do it automatically.

Banned

I have my checking account attached to my PayPal account. I can pay from my cc or my db or my checking acct. Then I can withdraw funds back into my checking.

That's how they verify your account though. They make a small deposit and you tell them how much they made. Or if you have online banking, they can do it automatically.
    thanks spacey i wanna see if i can do that the only problem is that i dont use checks and need routing numbers and such, thanks though

Thread Information