Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How loud is your Xbox console?

Exclamation How loud is your Xbox console?

Recently my Xbox started making this high-pitched noise. It's most distracting while watching DVDs, but I don't remember it being so loud out of the box. Now my Xbox is louder than my PS2. How do other people's Xboxes sound in comparison to their PS2s?

My Xbox doesnt make a noise. Its a good little girl! *pets it*

The loudest thing on my XBOX is the drawer when it opens and closes. Other than that I watch DVDS, play hours of gaming and even leave it on for no reason and I don't hear a peep out of it....exceptfor those strange voices sometimes when no one is around...oh myfault but maybe your HDD is on the blink, you should call the hotline today and have them check it out. go to www.xbox.com and go to the support site.
    Phiresun
    Hidden Content that are desireable must take effort to achieve."

yeah, it makes noises while playing dvds but that just the laser i think. it does it when loading cds also. But chill out. It only does it so little.

mine tells me to burn things

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The XBox only makes loud noises to people that have under 10 posts on XBoxaddict.com. So, post more, and the noise will go away

Default Oy

Now, now, under ten posts, sure, but longtime reader. Of course I realize the difference between the sound of the laser reading the disc and the weird thing coming out of my Xbox. I have already sent the thing to MS for repairs. When it was returned, supposedly repaired, there was no difference in sound. I guess I'm going to have to call them again.

blub blub blub

You see, Iliad321, that the only people that seem to have problems with their Xbox are ones that just started posting. We here at XboxAddict think this is a strange phenomenon, and we believe that you'll agree after you think about it.

mines very good. I pet it and read it bedtimes stories and sing it to bed. And then I tuck its little controllers in it it falls to sleep. Just try talking to it once and a while, wait a sec, I have to go take my medicine
    Are you Ready for the XBox Revolution?

Jesus. Look, I'm serious. I'd appreciate some help on this one.

fine!be that way, jk! The only advise I have is go to ur local yellow pages and look for Game Consule Repair, if not there than go on the internet, if not there Id go to Bill Gates Himself!

Okay...if your problem is legitamate, simply go back to the retailer where you bought it and exchange it. Perhaps you got one of the 1% defective XBoxes (well within industry standard, by the way).

Personally, the loudest noice I have heard from mine is the click the button makes when I turn it on. Maybe the drawer noise...either way, my XBox purs like a kitten.

Talking ummmmmmm well mine is

Quieter than a whisper but louder than a silent fart.

PhReeK out!
    PhReeK out!

my xbox sits their like a rock, well a really cool rock, only if they could make it tlk to u, that would be sweet, ur own talking gaming console with the best everything

I get a small noise when it starts up cold. Nothing different from when I start my car early in the morning. Then 30 seconds later its sound as a baby.
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

when i put my xbox on, it sounds like a car engine revving up, i dont know why

My XBox whispers "Haaaaaaaaaalo....psst: Maaaaaaaaaaximus....you must play Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalo"

And, yes, I get goosebumps

haha, my xbox makes weird noises, theres this one freaky noise, if i leave it on for a while, it sounds like a car with screeching brakes. weeeeeird

Originally posted by Maximus
    The XBox only makes loud noises to people that have under 10 posts on XBoxaddict.com. So, post more, and the noise will go away
    Lol, maximus, that was funny. And yeah it seems we have another "troll" on the board.

Mine sounds like my computer. I don't think it's anything odd. Just the sound of the fan whirring away, attempting to cool that ever so powerful processor. *sigh* Must go feed it. Feed it some blood. Some online Halo blood! MUA HA HA!!!

Ok, later.
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Thread Information