Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheezymonkey999's Collection

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

Default Cheezymonkey999's Collection

Heres a few pics of my collection... Ill list them at the bottom cause some might be hard to see.

My collection (so far)
    -Microsoft Fifa
    -Microsoft Silver
    -Microsoft Sun
    -Microsoft Hotrod
    -Microsoft Woody
    -Microsoft Carbon fiber
    -Microsoft Halo
    -Microsoft Forza 2
    -Quake knockoff
    -Call of duty 2 knockoff
    -NCAA 08
    -NCAA 07
    -Madden 08
    -Madden 07
    -Adidas +10
    -Splinter cell
    -F.E.A.R.
    -Tropicana twister
    -TSZ White
    -TSZ Black
    -TSZ Green camo
    -TSZ Blue camo
    -TSZ Sand camo
    -Superman returns twin pack
    -Mass effect and skins
    -GOW with skins
    -GOW emergence day
    -GOW skull
    -GOW other one
    -Saints row
    -Gamestop snakeskin
    -Full auto
    -The outfit
    -Halo jackal w/ skins
    -Halo grunt w/ skins
    -Halo sniper w/ skins
    -Halo regular w/ skins
    -E305 knockoff
    -Vietnam camo plate
    -Light woodgrain
    -Joytech camo twin pack
    -Project Gotham 3
    -American flag
    -Sobe plate
    -Gamestop Pwned w/ skins
    -Football Manager
    -Pink ballons
    -UK Bioshock
    -Microsoft Viva pinata
    -Lost planet
    -Virgin megastore
    -Test drive unlimited
    -Flame plate
    -NYKO jungle camo
    -NYKO desert camo
    -Union jack
    -Pelican twin pack one
    -Pelican twin pack two
    -Madcatz NFL kit
    -Rainbow six vegas
    -TSZ diamond plate
    -Blue dragon
    -Transformers bumble bee
    -Transformers decepticons kit
    -Transformers autobots kit
    -Ace combat #1
    -Ace combat #2
    -Ace combat #3
    -Ace combat #4
    -Ace combat #5
    -Ace combat#6
    -Gold chrome plate
    -Ubisoft vendor show
    Last edited by cheezymonkey999; 11-27-2007 at 01:36 PM.

heres a few more

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Very nice. Wait until SpaceGhost2K gets his eye's on this thread. Very nice.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Wow! Impressive, makes my collection look puny!

Thanks, glad you like it haha.
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    Very nice. Wait until SpaceGhost2K gets his eye's on this thread. Very nice.
    Who do you think invited him here?

Yeah, there's some cool plates in there, like that Sobe one. I don't see that one very often.

Once we get the faceplate database in, I'll probably ask you to take some individual photos of some of those. We'll also have custom plates in there, so people can post them in a thread like this, and then I'll add them to the database so they can be searched.

Oh, and welcome
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Who do you think invited him here?

Oh, and welcome
    hahaha good question. Well I am glad he is here because just another collection to look up to.

I am just starting so when I have about 10 or so I will put a picture of my collection. I am glad you guys are all here because I don't think I would have started a collection if you guys didn't show your collection. thanks keep them coming.

BTW thanks for the invite space ghost... Ive got individual pics of about half of my plates. When you need any let me know and ill be glad to help.

Wow, no offense but this is lame collection. The only faceplates that worth more than $40 ( or about that ) are SplinterCell, RainbowSix and Bioshock-UK.
    From your entire collection I have only 8-10 faceplates ( Outfit, VivaPinata, TestDrive, Adidas+10 .... and the 3 mentioned above )
    Again, don't get offended but this is just my opinion.

I said that i dont have alot of rare ones... I cant affort to spend so much on one plate, and besides ebay i dont know where to get the rare ones. I dont work at gamestop, and ive never been to any gaming events like e3 where ppl get good plates. Who goes on collection forums and makes fun of other peoples collections? honestly... whats you problem?

For the database we need pics of everything, the common to the one-of-a-kind. Like I said in my post about starting a collection, different people choose to start differently. You can pick and choose from the hardest to get, or you can start with a bunch of common ones and fill it in with the HTF plates when you can.

The nice thing about faceplates is that there are high end and low end plates so there's ways of building a collection no matter who you are, how much money you've got, or what kind of access you have to events and premium plates. (By premium, I mean "free with" plates. They're called "premiums." Not "premium" as in "exceptional.") Imagine the guys who collect vintage cars or Van Gogh's or something. There IS no low end.

When I collected Star Wars figures as an actual hobby and not just as some casual thing where I get a figure once in a while like I do now, I started with off-the-shelf figures. Then I went to eBay and Brian's Toys to fill in the holes. I picked up duplicates of figures I thought people would want to trade for. Then finally, I went after the hard to get or expensive ones like the Blue Snaggletooth. Someone else might choose to start their colection with the Blue Snag and then build around it.

I mean, I've got connections in the industry and I can't get most of the plates I'd like to have. That's just how it is. Actually, having connections almost makes it harder because there's more temptation. There are all these cool plates I wouldn't have known about. Now I know about them but I still can't have them, lol.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 11-28-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Yea my only connection was ebay...

I've got a few plates, but I don't have any of these:

My collection (so far)
    -Microsoft Sun
    -Microsoft Halo
    -Quake knockoff
    -Call of duty 2 knockoff
    -NCAA 07
    -Madden 07
    -Splinter cell
    -F.E.A.R.
    -TSZ Sand camo
    -Mass effect and skins
    -GOW with skins
    -GOW other one
    -Full auto
    -The outfit
    -Halo jackal w/ skins
    -Halo grunt w/ skins
    -Halo sniper w/ skins
    -Halo regular w/ skins
    -Joytech camo twin pack
    -American flag
    -Sobe plate
    -Gamestop Pwned w/ skins
    -Football Manager
    -Lost planet
    -Flame plate
    -NYKO jungle camo
    -NYKO desert camo
    -Union jack
    -Madcatz NFL kit
    -Rainbow six vegas
    -Transformers bumble bee
    -Transformers decepticons kit
    -Transformers autobots kit
    -Gold chrome plate

That's a lot of plates that you have that I don't. I'm surprised that you don't have any of the Eternal Sonata plates or Call of Duty plates. Those seemed to be pretty easy to come by.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 11-28-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezymonkey999 View Post
    I said that i dont have alot of rare ones... I cant affort to spend so much on one plate, and besides ebay i dont know where to get the rare ones. I dont work at gamestop, and ive never been to any gaming events like e3 where ppl get good plates. Who goes on collection forums and makes fun of other peoples collections? honestly... whats you problem?
    I don't laugh and I don't make fun of you. Collection is a collection, but when you collect stuff that are not rare what is it called then?
    I don't work anywhere that faceplates can be just picked up. I never won a faceplate from a contest, I never got faceplate from a tradeshow. The only faceplate I've been given as a present is DICE07 - pure luck.
    All other faceplates I found on internet, Ebay, forums, magazines. I put great amount of efforts to find and contact tens if not hundreds of people and tried to negotiate the price of each and every faceplate. I can say my success rate is less than 5% but I'm still happy with it.
    The difference between you and me - I don't wait someone to forget to bid on a auction and I won't post pictures of my collection.

... I remember moltenluv and SpaceGhost2K saying"... buy just what you like, don't try to buy everything ... "
    I think that's the whole point of any collection.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I'm surprised that you don't have any of the Eternal Sonata plates or Call of Duty plates. Those seemed to be pretty easy to come by.
    Im working on them... i gonna bid on some eternal sonata ones tomarrow.

Ghost rider i like all my plates, but i do admit my goal is to get as many as i can. I hate the feeling of having so many gaps... A few missing plates doesnt bother me (like i know ill never get war of the worlds) but i want to have the most complete collection possible. And to me the point of a collection is having fun doing the collecting. For me its fun trying to get the best price on a plate, even if it takes me longer to aquire it. You said "The difference between you and me - I don't wait someone to forget to bid on a auction and I won't post pictures of my collection." I dont always do that either, i just happen to win that way sometimes.

>>> ... but I do admit my goal is to get as many as I can ... <<<
    I hear allot of people saying that, I just don't understand why ... (don't answer this)

>>> ... And to me the point of a collection is having fun doing the collecting ... <<<
    That's good

Ok, I'll stop comments on anyone's collection, I brought too much controversy.

I used to do that with Star Wars figures. "Gotta Catch Em' All." Wait, that'S Pokemon. Anyway, same idea. Ihad to have every one and then I started finding myself buying stuff I didn't like that much, just because I didn't want the hole. I'm not particularly proud of the clear faceplates hanging on my wall. I bought them for customs and wanted something in the space. I've already pulled down three of them and used them. Same with the TSZ plates. If I get in a faceplate crunch for customs, I'm goin' shoppin' from muh wall.

Back to Star Wars: the thing that ended that whole completist schtick for me was the clonetroopers. I wasn't that much into the prequel movies anyway, but after the 90th version of what is essentially the same figure, I said forget it. Since then, I've found myself passing on a lot of SW figures and I only get the ones that I really want, like Darth Revan and Darth Malak, Jabba's minions or Cantina creatures, and the McQuarrie pre-production design figures.

Part of that is why I don't care too much if I get that Full Auto plate (which I had a number of and used for customs before I decided to collect plates), Call of Duty, Quake 4, The Outfit, etc. I'll probably end up with one purely by accident by buying a lot with a plate in it I want very badly. In the case of Rainbow Six: Vegas, it's a little harder to get, but the fact that I like my custom better than the official one has kept me from pursuing it.

Those look great. I say collect what you like. I <3 the pink balloons one.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Oh no! Can't we all just get along? This is supposed to be a happy land filled with magical Xbox 360 faceplates and the wonderful people who collect them. This has made me sad Hell now I even feel bad for owning some of the more common ones and for posting pics of my collection Today has been a very evil day all around. I thought maybe once I left work it would get better but it hasn't. I think I really will go make that pie now and then eat the whole thing myself as I cry my tears of saddness

NO MORE ONLY IS ALLOWED! Thank you for your cooperation in this matter

Thread Information