Thread: Looking for a painter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for a painter

I have a faceplate I designed that I need painted. I suck at painting and am tired of wasting money trying. Here is the design I am looking for someone to paint:

If your interested, shoot me an email with a price quote. I just want to pay for the finished product, so you would be suppling all materials.

Just for fun, Here is one I designed a while back, a friend is trying to paint it for me right now, but he's really slow on turn around time.

thanks for looking!
    Last edited by JeSteR 343; 11-29-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

Space ghost could probablly do that, but hes backed up right now so i dunno. Like your designs though, might have to request two and give me one haha.
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

Heh, thanks. I gave the Carnage Zone one to a friend to paint for me back in August. I've been waiting since then to get it back. Ug. And the Cortana one is cause, well, she's sexy.

shes a fictional video game character... hahaha but if she were real i would completely agree

Girls inmagazines are sexy too, and cinsidering all the computer alterations and airbrushing they get, they might as well be fictional, too.

The carnage zone plate would be a one-week plate, probably.

The name "Cortana" would be easy, but the Cortana pic itself woudn't be. First choice would be to airbrush it where you'd see parts of her through other parts of her. I just got an airbrush but have no experience with it, so I can't help you there. The second choice would be a regular brush job. That's also beyond my skillset. If you're really, really serious about it, get ahold of Pavel at artistpavel.com. He asks $196 per plate last time I checked, which is NOT a lot of money for what he does. It just may be more than you want to spend to get a top caliber version of what you want and not just something "passable."

Again, to be clear, $196 is not "too much" since he has a line. It's just more than most people will spend on a faceplate because they don't see it as commissioning a piece of art. They see it as "buying a faceplate." That's kinda like going to an art show and buying a "piece of canvas that looks good."
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

His work is pretty impressive...

Thread Information