Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not exacty a faceplate but still worth a look

yer i would definatly like to learn, is it an expensive hobby, so u drew it all three hand, wow thats impressive, i thought maybe it was a template because it looks really simerical :| cant spell lol

~EC

I have an airbrush that was a gift. I will start practicing with it once Christmas is over. I doubt I could ever pinstripe. Too much caffeine. That is, unless you WANTED a pinstripe that looked like a seismograph.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

It can get expensive, but not right in the beginning. All you need to start practicing is a can of sign painters paint like ONE SHOT lettering enamel. I don`t know how availible it is in the UK, but there have to be sign painters in the UK or order it off the net. Then a pinstriping brush, probably a Mack 00 would be a good start, and a bottle of mineral oil to store the brush. The mineral oil keeps the hair from drying out and getting brittle. Terpintine to thin out the paint and make it workable, lacquer thinner to clean the brush in, a couple of glass jars for the mineral oil and lacquer thinner. And last but most important a couple of books or videos on how to pinstripe.

1. sign painters lettering enamel
    2. A brush, Mack 00 sword striper
    3. Small bottle of mineral oil, available at most drug and grocery stores
    4. Terpintine
    5. Lacquer thinner
    6. 3 glass jars
    7. pallettes, you can use glossy magazine pages in a pinch, but I use 4x6 photo paper.
    8. popcicle sticks or tongue depressors, to stir the paint. Hobby shops would have that.
    9. Books or videos on how to pinstripe
    Then start pinstriping anything you can get your hands on, its not going to be easy at first. But keep at it and keep practicing the more you practice the better you`ll get, and its not like riding a bike if you stop doing it, you`ll lose it.

Anybody can pinstripe, I`ve seen old timers that have been pinstriping for 35 years and their hands shake so bad you wonder how they can even hold a brush. Then they pick it up and the shaking stops and it looks like their hand is on a track when they move, its crazy! You just train your self to do it, I drink caffeine all day long. When I first started my hand shook and the more I did it the more steady my hand got!

You keep painting like that, you'll be shaking a LOT of hands.

I'd like to commission a plate from you in January. Pencil me in if there's room. Heck, write it in pen.

Yeah no problem, just let me know what you want and I`ll paint it up!

how much does ur plates cost drea, btw where did u get the faceplate for guitar heroes because i cant find them in england, well blank 1s anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Concepts View Post
    how much does ur plates cost drea, btw where did u get the faceplate for guitar heroes because i cant find them in england, well blank 1s anyway
    They sell a variety of preprinted GHIII faceplates here for $14.99. You'd just take one of those and repaint it.

Wait a second, you're in England? I need to place an order with you, LOL!

haha whats the order?

I`m charging $65 plus $10 US for the ones already made up. If you want one custom made it would depend on how elaborate you want it. Heres a peak at the one I`m working on now. Its another Les Paul style face plate in chrome with the artwork painted right on the chrome with the ONE SHOT lettering enamel I mentioned earlier and painted with different size lettering quills.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Ok I found another custom guitarplate. This is a Halo 3 themed one. eBay item 320203293603

Thread Information