Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not exacty a faceplate but still worth a look

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Default Not exacty a faceplate but still worth a look

Ever since GH III came out when I search eBay for faceplates I also get guitarplates (I don't know what else to call them) in my search results. This is the first really good custom that I have seen. I know that this isn't exactly related to this forum but it makes me wonder what they could make with a faceplate. This is really well done. Oh yeah its eBay item number 130177259437 and it is completely hand pained no stickers or anything like that!

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

I dont have guitar hero yet, so i havent bought any of these kinda plates. I actually think im gonna never get any becuase if i start then ill have a new addiction and itll take away from my current one...
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

That looks great. Did you find any others?

I have seen a few other customs out there but none of this caliber. Somebody really needs to recruit this person and have them start making custom 360 faceplates. Spacey I nominate you! Even if I did have GH III I don't think I would be into the guitarplates that much. I guess they just don't appeal to me.

faceplates =
    guitarplates = (except for this one which totally rocks)

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

yeah I have seen alot of those guitarplates but I am really looking for a guitar hero faceplate.

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

im suprised they dont have one in stores... ida bought it and i dont even have the game.
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

I made a Guitar Hero III faceplate as a prize in a local launch tournament.

And guitar facepaltes count as much as the others. It'll just be a while before there's any "collections" out there to show off. We'll alter the database to handle them, just not right at the beginning.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

iMod

it makes me wonder what they could make with a faceplate.
    It's a very slick mod to be sure. It would be interesting to see if they're as diverse as they are talented, because (this of course being one man's humble opinion) that style of paint job wouldn't seem to work on pieces with smaller dimensions (aka, faceplates).

Well the custom orange guitarplate didn't sell the first time around but the seller has relisted it plus they have a new one up. Check it out, eBay item 130183312332 or click here

Nice, Im thinking about getting one, but are those for the wireless one? they dont look like my guitar
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Smokin'.

Yeah, he/she needs to be making faceplates fer sure.

Well I invited them to join us here and they told me that you already had done so.

I`m the guy painting these guitar hero faceplates. I am planning on painting up a few Xbox facer plates. 1 Halo faceplate and probably 1 Bioshock faceplate to start. I do these in between painting my regular jobs ( motorcycles, cars, etc.). If anybody has any questions about a faceplate they would like painted or questions about painting one themselves just ask. I`ve been custom painting for 10 years, I do airbrushing, pinstripping, murals, 24 karat gold and sliver leafing, and the size of these faceplates isn`t an issue I can get very detailed. Everything I paint is done with automotive paint so I can get pretty elaborate. If anyone would like to check out some of my other work I have an online portfolio at pinheadlounge.com/Dreadog, I update it regularly with work I`ve done.

Dreadog, do you have them for the wired guitar??
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

I can't even imagine what a faceplate from you would cost. If you have some cost estimates with a couple of ideas what you'd get for that cost, PM me please.

Default Hey

http://www.pinheadlounge.com/view.ph...=21905&cind=20

this 1 is awesome dreadog how is that done just airbrush or, is it hard to colour blend and all that with an airbrush because i have no idea how it works lol

I`ll let ya in on my trick for that, thats a regular picture frame that I used and took spray adhesive and glued some fancy foil type wrapping paper to the back piece of the frame then pinstriped the back of the glass. That was just something I put together with stuff I had around the house.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadog View Post
    I`m the guy painting these guitar hero faceplates. I am planning on painting up a few Xbox facer plates. 1 Halo faceplate and probably 1 Bioshock faceplate to start. I do these in between painting my regular jobs ( motorcycles, cars, etc.). If anybody has any questions about a faceplate they would like painted or questions about painting one themselves just ask. I`ve been custom painting for 10 years, I do airbrushing, pinstripping, murals, 24 karat gold and sliver leafing, and the size of these faceplates isn`t an issue I can get very detailed. Everything I paint is done with automotive paint so I can get pretty elaborate. If anyone would like to check out some of my other work I have an online portfolio at pinheadlounge.com/Dreadog, I update it regularly with work I`ve done.
    Welcome Welcome Welcome to XBA here you can express your self and many ways. I for one am a new faceplate collector. If there is anything that the staff here can do to make your stay better just PM us we are always here to help.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadog View Post
    I`ll let ya in on my trick for that, thats a regular picture frame that I used and took spray adhesive and glued some fancy foil type wrapping paper to the back piece of the frame then pinstriped the back of the glass. That was just something I put together with stuff I had around the house.
    what exactly is pin stripping then, do you do that with an airbrush as well then or... sorry if i sound like a complete noob asking this as its some impressive work and wouldnt mind giving this a go myself if i knew how haha

Its ok, Pinstriping is done with a brush designed just for pinstriping those thin lines you see on the panels. There are many different knids of pinstriping brushes but the best and most common are made by Mack brushes, there called sword stripers because of their shape. I usually use a 00 brush the numbers if the brush indicate the size, how much hair the brush has. They start at 000 and go up to 4. The higher the number the more paint and thicker of a line you`ll get. This is a whole different art than airbrushing, and like I said in my reply to you about airbrushing, pinstriping takes lots and lots of practice to get a steady hand and consistent lines. If pinstriping is something you`d like to seriously like to try and learn, let me I`ll give you the tips and tricks for picking a brush and how to maintain it!

Thread Information