Thread: Airbrushes - where to buy

Default Airbrushes - where to buy

I have some cool ideas about faceplates and case modding. I'd like to try to do something by myself ( Space no worry I'll keep buying from you ).
    I'm complete n00b about airbrushing. Spent some time reading web sites here and there. Here is what I know: Dual action, gravity feed airbrush are the best. I found this website www.airbrushcity.com - airbrushes seem on reasonable prices there. Can somebody comment/recommend airbrush kit, or whatever, before I throw money at compressors and paint and stuff?
    Thanks in advance

I was just given one like you described, but I haven't had time to play with it yet.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thanx ghost for asking this because I have been looking for an air brush kit for some time now.

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

I was looking on ebay, and stopped because the price of compressors is rediculous. Maybe someday. But yea, ebay has some decent deals on airbrushes, probably compressors too now that i think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_r1der View Post
    Can somebody comment/recommend airbrush kit, or whatever, before I throw money at compressors and paint and stuff?
    Thanks in advance
    Yes I can, make sure you know what you're doing before you buy anything at all it'd suck to buy every thing you have but not know how to use it.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by FlawIe55 View Post
    I was looking on ebay, and stopped because the price of compressors is rediculous. Maybe someday. But yea, ebay has some decent deals on airbrushes, probably compressors too now that i think about it.
    Harbor Freight has cheap compressors, you might check out what they have.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

iMod

They're within the reasonable range to be sure, but my luck's actually been hit or miss. If you're stateside, I'd sign up for their newsletter (the real mail-based one) and check the stores with the weeks leading up to, and especially following Christmas. I went in on a whim, bought an airbrush kit, a multimeter and some other vital modding tools and had to skip out on the compressor itself, because I hadn't estimated how expensive they were. Granted, I suppose it's all relative, but if you don't have $75-100 lying around...

iwata makes top of the line air brushes

http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.html

Yeah, Iwata airbrushes are the best. The eclipse airbrushes that Iwata makes are good and resonably priced as far as which style of cup is personal preference. I have one with a large siphon feed cup for doing large areas on cars and motorcycles and a gravity feed for detail work. When you get and airbrush make sure you keep in mind what kind of paint you`ll be using, I have to get teflon bearings installed in mine because I use solvent based automotive paint. Most airbrushes come set up for acrylics. Oh yeah make sure its a dual action.

10. Thread Information