Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanna help with the Faceplate Database?

Default Wanna help with the Faceplate Database?

I sent the evil master plan to Kamshaft, who is now reviewing my deman... I mean, wishes.

Here's what I am going to need, rather what WE are going to need, to get this started.

Data.

You can't have a database without data, BUT I don't want a whole lot of duplication of effort. In other words, I don't want three people all taking pics and posting information about the same plate. I can only use one pic, and whomever's pic I don't use gets mad at me for putting out the effort for nothing.

So let's do it this way: Post in this thread what plates you will provide pictures of, and the MINUMUM amount of information needed to describe the plate. Once the database is up and running, and we have a description and a photo, THEN we can go back in and add a bunch of other descriptive information.

For instance:

Originally posted by SpaceGhost2K:

I will provide pictures for:

Eternal Sonata x 5
    Trusty Bell
    Ace Combat x6
    Amsterdam
    Zero Hour
    Dead or Alive Kasumi
    Bioshock UK
    Pink Balloons
    TeamXbox
    IdolM@ster Limited Edition
    Then when another forumite sees those, he/she can post their own list and make sure that he's not duplicating someone else's plate submission.

Here are the requirements for the plate pictures:
    Pic must be jpeg
    Pic must be 800 pixels by 240 pixels.
    We will include a descriptor in the database about whether the plate is z horizontal or vertical plate so don't worry about that. Take them all horizontally.
    Try to get a plain background that is in contrast to the plate, ie. dark plate on a light background.
    Try to show as little background as possible. Fill the picture with the plate, with just a little room around the edges.

I don't need professional pictures, but I do need the bext pics we can get. If we get a bad pic, we can always go back later and replace it with a better pic, but we want to minimize doing that as much as possible.

I'd prefer to get pics of plates that you actually have in your collection, but for instance, let's say that you got a pic of the faceplates on the table at Zero Hour or in the window at E3. Pass along what you have and we'll make it work as best as we can.

Then when you post the pics, it should just look like this:

Originally posted by SpaceGhost2K:

Nintendo NES Custom
    And that's it. Keep in mind that you can only post five pictures in each post, so if you committed to twelve pictures, you'll have at least three posts in thsi thread.

---

It'll be mid-January or even Feb 1 before this is up, but with the holidays, it's going to take some time to gather these.

Oh, one more thing: In some cases it may be necessary to have two pictures to fully explain a plate. For instance, the Qee box with the plate and two figures, we'd need one of just the plate, and one of the whole kit. Same with the Gamestop Bioshock set. In the case of PGR3, like gh0st_r1der said, it's the packaging that determins if it is authentic or a bootleg, so besides a picture of the loose plate, we'd need two additional picture of the two different packages.

I don't know how we're going to handle that yet, so let's just stick with the single plate pic for now and worry about "tweaking our peak" later.

The list of games that I posted above is actually my list, so when you make your list, don't include those.

THANKS Y'ALL!!!!!
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Awww man I would love to help out but the only camera I have is the one on my cell phone

JakofallAces is going to do some. He'll post the list here in a few. Right now, I have to take off for a bit.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 12-12-2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: speling

Banned

heres the rare ones i can help with
    you're next
    X06 canada # out of 300
    X05 canada with small maple leaf
    Toyr Q faceplate set
    Madcatz Graffiti train
    Madcatz Team Xbox
    PGR3 # out of 700
    yay if feels good to help
    Last edited by JakofallAces; 01-13-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Awww man I would love to help out but the only camera I have is the one on my cell phone
    that can still work... ohhhh cell phone ya well ask santa for a digital camera your collection is to nice, btw how did you get pictures of your collection anyway???

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Those pics were taken with the camera in my cell phone. I did the best I could with what I have.

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

Im glad to help. I think i told you earlier i have pics of at least half the plates in my collection already. Since i have so many just let me know what plates you want pictures of. That way i wont have to post 60 of them. But if you dont know what ones you want from me, i can do...

-jungle camo, blue camo, desert camo, white, red, black, diamond plate TSZ faceplates
    -All the halo ones with skins, the regular MS halo plate, and the black halo 3 plate
    -Project gotham 3, MS carbon, Forza 2, testdrive unlimited, full auto
    -outfit, both gamestop twin packs, saints row hahah, tropicana twister
    -call of duty 2 knockoff, quake 3 knockoff, e305 knockoff
    -viva pinata, uk Bioshock, splintercell, lost planet, ranbow 6 vegas
    -5 of the XCM clear plates

etc etc etc eveything in my collection is available to help!
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

If you want alot of mine i could send them through AIM... it would be easier than sending lots of emails with attachments, or hosting the pics then making alot of posts in here. AIM screen name is Cheezymonkey999

I don't have AIM but if you want to just email them to me, I can create a folder for them at Photobucket. I'll PM my email address to you. It's the same one I use for PayPal, so, you know, if you want to send me money or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    It's the same one I use for PayPal, so, you know, if you want to send me money or anything...
    HAHAHA money for what?!

Quote Originally Posted by cheezymonkey999 View Post
    HAHAHA money for what?!
    *****s and giggles. Or pizza.

i can do...
    -dead rising
    -UK launch team
    -hot rod
    -US launch team...aka I MADE THIS.
    -Call Of Duty 4
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

I've been taking new (horizontal) pictures of my faceplates and should be able to fill in some holes here pretty soon.
    For now though, I'll add one of the few I know no one else here has:

My camera takes really huge HQ pictures. Photobucket has a size limit so they get scaled down, but they're still larger than what SpaceGhost asked for so cropping or resizing them should be a breeze.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    I've been taking new (horizontal) pictures of my faceplates and should be able to fill in some holes here pretty soon.
    For now though, I'll add one of the few I know no one else here has:

My camera takes really huge HQ pictures. Photobucket has a size limit so they get scaled down, but they're still larger than what SpaceGhost asked for so cropping or resizing them should be a breeze.
    way to rub it in. If i had $600 laying around i would have bought it too.

Haha sorry. I wasn't trying to boast.
    To be honest, I have a little buyers remorse on that one. Visually, it's nothing spectacular. The power button is sunk into the plate just slightly, it has a scratch on the right side (which wasn't mentioned), and the cherry on top is that I'm not sure its even real. The USB spring guard is made of plastic (which is a first for a Microsoft plate I believe) and it says "Pegasus Technology" on the back right above the USB port.
    I wish there was more than one guy claiming its authenticity.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Id like to help with the database, if you want to make one similar to the lowdown one i can host it on my site and make a chart like design. I dont have any faceplates that are rare or anything though

I can take pictures of my: Outfit, TSZ Saints Row, FEAR, Test Drive Unlimited and Tropicana Twister faceplates.

Also, not really related but does anyone know if a Live is 5IVE faceplate was madE? I know they made controllers for them but i dont know about faceplates
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

As far as I know, it was controllers only. However, SpaceGhost made a great custom:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Id like to help with the database, if you want to make one similar to the lowdown one i can host it on my site and make a chart like design. I dont have any faceplates that are rare or anything though

I can take pictures of my: Outfit, TSZ Saints Row, FEAR, Test Drive Unlimited and Tropicana Twister faceplates.

Also, not really related but does anyone know if a Live is 5IVE faceplate was madE? I know they made controllers for them but i dont know about faceplates
    Yay my custom.

If nobody else has claimed "contributor statis" for those plate, we'll happily accept pictures of them. Just read the photo requirements above.

The database is going to be a lot more complicated than just a one-screen scrolling like what tacohead has over at lowdown411. (Why hasn't he been by here yet?)

ok i can also do

- E3 05 (i dont think any one posted this)
    - E3 05 J. allard singed.
    - bioshock boxed set
    - splinter cell doubal agent
    - lostplanet
    - halo 3 singapor
    and yes my pics are terible on my laptop so i will use my digital camera this time...
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

Default Faceplate

I found a nice faceplate at decalgirl.com. It has a reflective chrome color.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,4138.htm
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Thread Information