Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wanna help with the Faceplate Database?

Quote Originally Posted by THSkillet View Post
    Heres a pic of my Medal of Honor: Airborne Faceplate (took it about an hour ago)

AFAIK (correct me if im wrong), the only way you could get this faceplate was to be an hourly winner in the "Operation Live Jump" Xbox Live event.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/me...mp/default.htm

Btw, im a new member, this is my first post, and I love this site.

i need to find one of those plates, they are actually a nice plate

Quote Originally Posted by hellonearth159 View Post
    Wow!! Just when I thought I was almost done getting all the game based faceplates!!
    Any chance you want to sell it?
    Yeah ill probably be selling this on ebay soon. Ive wanted to become a faceplate collector but I just dont have the money for it. That and im still feeling the sting of purchasing a pgr3 knockoff faceplate a few months back...

Yeah ill probably be selling this on ebay soon. Ive wanted to become a faceplate collector but I just dont have the money for it. That and im still feeling the sting of purchasing a pgr3 knockoff faceplate a few months back...
    There are the limited plates and the non-limited plates, and the packaging is the only difference. As far as I know, there ARE no knockoffs. If there were, they'd be like Quake IV and COD2 plates where they're all over the damn place.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Forget eBay sell directly to me Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Forget eBay sell directly to me Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    well its 4:30 am on cape cod and i think its time to say rae rae ur sig is ginormous

I want to get back to using this thread for database information until it actually launches. At that point, we'll have the General, the Customs, the Collections and the Database forums. The Database forums will be JUST for database related issues. Part of that will be me asking for help: pics, info, etc. The other part of that will be you telling me things that need to be fixed, or offering additional photos. The last part of that will be a place to submit data: everything needed to add a plate. You can link to a site with a bunch of plates, or you can link one plate and provide all the relevant info. There will be a "form" of sorts that has the same info that I use when I add a plate. I'll take it right out of yoru post and add it.

I have a concern that I brought up to Kamshaft earlier and that is about registration. He wants customizers with featured plates to register at the site, and rightly so. However, I registered my mom over an hour ago and she still hasn't gotten the activation email. First of all, that's a pain in my butt when I'm trying to add plates because I have no option except to go do something else. But more importantly, we are going to require people who enter the draving for the WALL-E goodies to register, and if the system has problems with ONE person, what is going to happen when three thousand people try to join? I'll tell you. They'll enter their info. They'll check their email. There won't be anything there. And they'll be gone, never to be seen or heard from again. So that is something we need to get fixes, IMHO, even BEFORE we do any more database stuff.

Lastly, an update. There are currently 556 faceplates in the database and I'm STILL not done. Pavel and mypainteffects plates are up now. Spacey's Mom's aren't. Jenni Chasteen's aren't. I've got a couple of odds and ends. I've got a ton of secondary photos that won't count as individual plates. And I've got some to be pulled from Tacohead's site and added - mostly the charity plates and some prototype plates.

556. WOOT! I'm out. Katamari's feeding me in 20 min.

556. Those were the good ol' days. I only added sixty more today. That's all. It currently stands at 616.

I know, I have to quit farting around and get to work, yes?

Well, that's just what I got uploaded. That's not counting the other 157 I still have to upload.

That's right. We were thinking eh, 200 would be good. 300 would be plenty. 500 is MORE than plenty so stop there. Well, how does 773 grab you?

Maybe I'll shoot for 777. Doesn't that sound like a great number to launch with? I have until midnight Monday night to get the rest of them in and scrounge up four more plates, lol.

Oh, and that's not counting TWO HUNDRED additional photos that I have of carded or boxed plates, alternate shots, etc, etc.

Of course, if you do the math, with alternate shots, we're only 23 photos away from ONE THOUSAND photos in the database.

-----

I was looking for pics tonight, and some of them are really small, or really bad. And it's not because someone was sloppy. It was because nobody cared. Nobody bothered. Somebody in France made five charity faceplates and got four square inches of space on a blog somewhere, and that's it. They're gone. Auctions are WAY over, original pics were removed, there are no links to larger pics. All that there will ever be to share with anyone is a 75 x 15 jpeg of history.

Oh sure, I hear the people say, "History? Aren't you thinking this stuff is a little more important than it really is?" Well, I look at it like this. Xbox 360 faceplates are really and truly, the first video game collectible accessory. I mean, I know you can go get NES Belt Buckles at Hot Topic, but that stuff is just licensed... stuff.

Think about it. Collectible controllers? Collectible carrying cases? Collectible wiring harnesses or power strips? Faceplates are the first accessory that people can actually buy, sell, trade and collect! People collect consoles, sure, and games, too. But all that has to do with information and experience. I can "experience" Super Mario Brothers or Sonic the Hedgehog, without having an NES or a Genesis or a cartridge. And everything else, well... there's really not anything to experience about an RF Adapter.

But these things... Honestly, I don't think Microsoft or anybody really understands the landmark here. They're trying so hard to turn Viva Pinata into the next Pokemon that they don't realize they've got a Pokemon staring them right in the face. This whole sub-culture is happening right under their noses, and to be frank, not only do I think they don't know it, but I think they're not even considering it for the next console.

That's part of what this will do. This will make all those people who think it's ridiculous to spend $20 on a faceplate think differently, when they find out that collectors will pay $1000 if it's the right plate. Suddenly, everybody's looking at them differently. Gamers are. Publishers are. And maybe some day, someone at some company will decide that every single game they publish will have part of its marketing budget set aside for faceplates. A week after launch, we're sick of seeing ads for Ninja Gaiden II. But we could keep a Ninja Gaiden II faceplate on our console for months and months and not even think of it as advertising. Isn't that the best advertising of all, that advertising that appeals to you on a level that it doesn't even FEEL like advertising?

Back to the history thing. We're recording history. We're documenting a history of video gaming at a level nobody has done before. And it's not happening in spite of the others. We didn't go into this saying "We're gonna show Lowdown411 and 360style.co.uk what a real database looks like." No, we didn't. Tacohead, Frazmand, and the others saw the same thing we saw, and they're HELPING US. You know what that is? That's COMMUNITY.

A thousand photos. And we couldn't have done it without their help, and we couldn't have done it without YOUR help. Coming up with pictures, answering questions, pointing me in the right direction. Kamshaft and FragMasterB are working their tails off behind the scenes to make this happen. And Microsoft and THQ and Midway and MadCatz and UbiSoft are starting to see this and they're going, "holy crap!" You guys have no idea what that pic of WALL-E is doing to some of these guys. They're seeing it, and they want to be part of it.

Anyway, get excited. A thousand photos. Kam's gonna poop pottery.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 06-14-2008 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post

Anyway, get excited. A thousand photos. Kam's gonna poop pottery.

What KIND of pottery because if its like ancient tokens or small oil lamps - that isn't too impressive but i mean if he's gonna poop an huge planter or something.... now THAT is different.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    What KIND of pottery because if its like ancient tokens or small oil lamps - that isn't too impressive but i mean if he's gonna poop an huge planter or something.... now THAT is different.....
    now i wonder how Kam will feel about us conversing about his poo, i guess its a form or attention so i guess he will enjoy it

I thought the idea of changing faceplates was kinda something MS was throwing out there at first to get you to buy the console, and then never do anything with it. I never paid too much attention to them till I started see some of the one's from E3 and when Gears came out. Then what really got my attention was OXM spread on Spacy's plates. I was in aww of what he had done, and I was hooked. I started looking around and found that their were tons of them out there. Looking for info on one plate is such a pain in the a$$, which is why this database is going to rock. This will be perfect for current collectors, and a great place for new collectors to get started.
    Thank you Spacy, Kam, Taco, and everyone who is helping on this, we really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

My pleasure. And my pain, lol.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

dam 1000 photos and growing strong, thats impressive! i wonder though whats going to happen to faceplate value when / if the new nextbox comes out, and none of the 360 faceplates will work on it........ hmmmmmmmm.........

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    dam 1000 photos and growing strong, thats impressive! i wonder though whats going to happen to faceplate value when / if the new nextbox comes out, and none of the 360 faceplates will work on it........ hmmmmmmmm.........
    we already had a topic about that exact question adn it ended by everyone who was still a collector getting all the plates they wanted most likely....i think

It doesn't launch for another day, and I'm trying to get permission to post a couple of plates that right now have a big watermark right over the top. So if it all comes together, I'm 14 plates away from launching with eight hundred plates.

I thought I might go surf the net for a bit and try to scare up a dozen more. Why not hit 800, right? Well, it's three hours later and I probably found another fifty. I won't be able to use a lot of them ebcause they're group photos with plates in front of plates, or just too small. There's at least 20 from the Xbox Lounge in Japan, and I found a few in collections that I've never seen before. Where the heck are these people getting these things? I found a DOA4 white plate with Lisa on it. WTF? Anyway. I gotta save some surprises for the database, right? I don't want to go and tell you what all is going to be in there, because then it wouldn't be fun. I can tell you this though... if you think you've seen them all, think again.

I thought I might go surf the net for a bit and try to scare up a dozen more. Why not hit 800, right? Well, it's three hours later and I probably found another fifty. I won't be able to use a lot of them ebcause they're group photos with plates in front of plates, or just too small. There's at least 20 from the Xbox Lounge in Japan, and I found a few in collections that I've never seen before. Where the heck are these people getting these things? I found a DOA4 white plate with Lisa on it. WTF? Anyway. I gotta save some surprises for the database, right? I don't want to go and tell you what all is going to be in there, because then it wouldn't be fun. I can tell you this though... if you think you've seen them all, think again.
    Cant wait for it dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LowDown has 331 plates? We have 700-800? Bow Chicka Bow W0w.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    Cant wait for it dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LowDown has 331 plates? We have 700-800? Bow Chicka Bow W0w.
    wow who are you caboose or something anyways yes i do think i have seen nearly all of them it will be nice to see some new ones and maybe re-energize my love of faceplates

clantacular.com User frag yo mamma 2's Avatar

yaaaaaaaaaa.. maybe im stupid, but were is a link for the datebase? i thought i was lookin at it before but i guess i was wrong, ha...
    Hidden Content
    Whats urs? Hidden Content hehehe - post in ur sig Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by frag yo mamma 2 View Post
    yaaaaaaaaaa.. maybe im stupid, but were is a link for the datebase? i thought i was lookin at it before but i guess i was wrong, ha...
    It's in the middle of the front page under the faceplate, or you can go to www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all

Banned

It's in the middle of the front page under the faceplate, or you can go to www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all
    have fun shifting thru all of them i gave up along time ago, i already know 90% of them anyways

Thread Information