Some people have games while others have a "game collection."

I've collected Star Wars figures since 1978 when I was eleven. At one point about six years ago, I sold off most of my vintage figures because I was hurting for money. Since then I tried to keep up with the new line. About two years ago, they got really stale, releasing the 38th version of Tatooine Luke - that kind of thing.

I won a half-dozen DOA girls figures in a website launch contest, and that got me into collecting gashapon. Gashapon are toys that come in plastic capsules that you buy from coin operated machines. They call them "one coin" figures too, as they vary in price but always take just one coin to buy. They're called gashapon because the machines make a "gasha-gasha" noise whenthe capsule comes out.

They're are also trading figures, which are about the same price as US action figures ($5-$10). They come in sealed boxes so you don't know which one of the set you're going to get. They also come in a lot more varients than US figures. Many figures will come in the normal color scheme, and a white or clear varient. They also come in varient colors, but white or clear are more common.

Strange thing is, just like trading cards, I have yet to find an actual trading site. You know, a place where you can actualy TRADE the figures.

Besides the figures, I also pick up an animation biography book when I find one. I have Chuck Jones' and Mel Blanc, and histories of Disney and Warner Brothers cartoon studios.

Do any of you have other things that you collect?