Thread: Do you guys collect anything besides faceplates?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do you guys collect anything besides faceplates?

Some people have games while others have a "game collection."

I've collected Star Wars figures since 1978 when I was eleven. At one point about six years ago, I sold off most of my vintage figures because I was hurting for money. Since then I tried to keep up with the new line. About two years ago, they got really stale, releasing the 38th version of Tatooine Luke - that kind of thing.

I won a half-dozen DOA girls figures in a website launch contest, and that got me into collecting gashapon. Gashapon are toys that come in plastic capsules that you buy from coin operated machines. They call them "one coin" figures too, as they vary in price but always take just one coin to buy. They're called gashapon because the machines make a "gasha-gasha" noise whenthe capsule comes out.

They're are also trading figures, which are about the same price as US action figures ($5-$10). They come in sealed boxes so you don't know which one of the set you're going to get. They also come in a lot more varients than US figures. Many figures will come in the normal color scheme, and a white or clear varient. They also come in varient colors, but white or clear are more common.

Strange thing is, just like trading cards, I have yet to find an actual trading site. You know, a place where you can actualy TRADE the figures.

Besides the figures, I also pick up an animation biography book when I find one. I have Chuck Jones' and Mel Blanc, and histories of Disney and Warner Brothers cartoon studios.

Do any of you have other things that you collect?
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

MMM I got into collecting action figures and the newer star wars figs several years back (for me I think the best variant figure I have is an obi wan fig from the very first wave of re-released figs in maybe 98?), I would pretty much go for the rare variants, and Han solo figs, as I like that dude.

I kinda slowed down almost completely except for the every so often halo action figure now.

I keep them all carded. and sold a "lot" of about 15-20 starwars figs on ebay a few years back and havent sold any since. Have a few original carded TMNT figs, and random figs I knew were rare.

So yea, thats pretty much what I collect. Dont really collect faceplates, I just like to paint them. For me its cool to know only one person out there somewhere is enjoying a one-of-a-kind that I painted.

Game and toys. My 360 games alone are over 80 now, and for Toys, its mostly anything Halo/Final Fantasy/Transformers related, though I'l nab antyhing that just looks cool. Anything swag wise as well I keep in my goody chest
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Living a SyniKal life.... xXSyn1KalXx's Avatar

I collect a wide range of things, or have collected. I collect games and movies, movies are a passion I love them, I have about 350-400 dvd's, and about 1000 vhs. With games I have about a hundred snes, a hundred gb/gba, a hundred n64, about 60-70 dreamcast, about 200 xbox, 50 360, and then like 4 ps3, and all the final fantasy's. On top of that I collect first edition book's as well, I have a 1965 first edition collection of the lotr series that my grandfather gave me. The first book is signed, and the lot is worth about $3,500, but I don't think I'll ever sell it, it has too much sentimental value.
    SyniKal
    eBay ID:xxsynikalxx
    Hidden Content

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

I have a lot of sports collectibles, mostly football and baseball. I also have a nice collection of Hess trucks dating all the way back to the 80's.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

OMG I have Hess trucks going back to the 80's too! My grandma started buying them for me for Christmas when I was little and I still get one every year.

I collect anything with Darth Vader on it, I also collect Star Wars autographs, my prized item is a book signed by George Lucas. There are only a 100 in the world and I have # 25. I also love any kind of cool toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth BW View Post
    I collect anything with Darth Vader on it, I also collect Star Wars autographs, my prized item is a book signed by George Lucas. There are only a 100 in the world and I have # 25. I also love any kind of cool toy.
    Any chance you went to Celebration IV? I got trashed with Kenny Baker (R2D2) and Ray Park (Darth Maul). Sooooo much fun!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

I wish I went to Celebration 3, but money was a little tight last year, hopefully I'll be able to attend next year.

I have just gotten into faceplate collecting but I have been a collector of factory sealed games for couple years now. My biggest interest now is to collect imported sealed games from the UK and Japan as well as Asian edition games released in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore.

This is just a tiny amount of the stuff I have. I need to clean out my othe room to get pics of teh cars and stuff, not to mention the stuff still in storage. I have a tote that is worth probly about 5 grand or so. Full of Dale Earnhardt stuff, before he died. One set of cars in it were valued at 3 grand before he died, I havn't checked lately. Can't think of parting with them.

Yes, that is an Original Optimus Prime for the 80's, Had it since I was a baby.
    Last edited by wicked_d365; 05-13-2008 at 04:34 PM.

I collect rare xbox 360 stuff like
    GTA statue of happeness
    a green hard dive from lunch says"god loves you" on it
    gta console
    forza 3 puma trainers.
    e305 faceplate new and sealed
    red console
    japanese console
    mw2 console
    lots of other bit like limited edition games

Thread Information