Thread: trying to recreate "xbox white" out of a spray can

Default trying to recreate "xbox white" out of a spray can

I've "shaved" off the memory card doors and controller sync button on a spare faceplate i had, but after repainting to hide the fiberglass and bondo, i realized that the paint i thought looked pretty close to factory white was way off. since i'm going to resand and now remove the usb port door, anyone know of a spray paint that's a little closer to xbox white? much thanks in advanced.

here's a pic for reference
    Last edited by loyalty; 12-17-2007 at 03:14 AM. Reason: typ0

Quote Originally Posted by loyalty View Post
    I've "shaved" off the memory card doors and controller sync button on a spare faceplate i had, but after repainting to hide the fiberglass and bondo, i realized that the paint i thought looked pretty close to factory white was way off. since i'm going to resand and now remove the usb port door, anyone know of a spray paint that's a little closer to xbox white? much thanks in advanced.

here's a pic for reference
    Yeah, that's a toughy. I can't tell you how many cans of green I went through before I found one to use for Master Chief. Of course it doesn't help that every picture of MC was a different shade of green.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

Im not sure about the paint, I'm actually looking for some white also.

but as for the bondo job, Its pretty sweet. Be sure to post a pic when you get the other door bondo'ed.

Not sure how useful it would be to me, as I use the big door all the time, but the idea is great anyhow.

thanks. yeah i never use mine. the only time i'd ever have to pull off the faceplate would be if my controller wouldn't sync for some reason

Registered User cheezymonkey999's Avatar

CRAP... im doing that on 2 faceplates i have... Im covering the power ring though too. I thought i was the only one.
    "It aint easy bein cheezy" XBL cheezymonkey999

what do you use to cover the buttons up?

I used this modeling clay... but it started to shrink and crack. So then i used a few coats of elmers glue to smooth things out. Now im sanding them, and am gonna paint them with this cool rock texture paint i just got. I think they are gonna look pretty sweet.

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheezymonkey999 View Post
    CRAP... im doing that on 2 faceplates i have... Im covering the power ring though too. I thought i was the only one.
    post a pic of the power button one too, that will look pretty cool. Be real nice for a custom paint job too.

i used fiberglass and bondo (a throwback from my car audio days)

ive never used fiberglass or bondo... If i had any i definitly woulda used that instead. I just painted one of the plates and its looking pretty good. Not perfect over the power button though. Ill sand the other one down more. When i get a chance ill post some pics.

bondo is pretty handy, it even filled the little wavy lines by the sync button, and i'll use it again to fill the little dots over the usb door

Thread Information