Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MaDDigital's Collection

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaDDigital View Post
    My PGR is original 700.. It had the promotional note on the bottom and its a real MS faceplate with "patent Pending on the back" its identical to the original and ms faceplates from a build perspecive on the rear... just has differnt build date..
    But it needs to say Not for retail sale. Also needs to have a carbon fiber backround. I cant figure out if your post says that it is sorta confusing.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

QUOTE=MaDDigital;1041989]Yea, this is a quick and dirty photoshoot with my camera phone.. I will take higher rez pics with less per picture to get the detail. (the walls in the room i took the pics are a faded yellow color so with no flash, took that yellowish tint..) THe only two "knockoff" faceplates in the collection is the COD2 and Quake which I got as part of a "lot" purchase off ebay. Seller just added them in so I wasnt going to turn them down.[/QUOTE]

Hey MaDDigital I sent you a PM please check your inbox. I had a question for you to answer. thanks.

Again nice collection can't get over it.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    But it needs to say Not for retail sale. Also needs to have a carbon fiber backround. I cant figure out if your post says that it is sorta confusing.
    Actually the pre-order one says not for retail sale as well. I really think the only difference between the two are the green circle vs no green circle on the packaging and the fact that one has a white back and the other has a carbon back.

Yup yup.. Mine did have the "Not for Retail" on the bottom with no green tab. I got it a long time ago unopened.. At the time i didnt think there was the one with a green tab or no one was talking about it. It had the offical packaging and side by side to an official Halo or Viva Pinata faceplate, its same build quality, same button hardware and correct build time stamp. Unfortunately no one ever really takes pics of the back of the faceplates.. lol.. anyways.. I hope to have another 10 delivered by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MaDDigital View Post
    Yea, this is a quick and dirty photoshoot with my camera phone.. I will take higher rez pics with less per picture to get the detail. (the walls in the room i took the pics are a faded yellow color so with no flash, took that yellowish tint..) THe only two "knockoff" faceplates in the collection is the COD2 and Quake which I got as part of a "lot" purchase off ebay. Seller just added them in so I wasnt going to turn them down.
    how can you tell the call of duty 1 is fake?

I dunno. I wondered the same thing about that one and the Quake 4 one. I have what is supposed to be a non-knock off version of the Quake 4 one but I am only going off what the seller told me and the fact that it came in the little cardbord box with the black and white sticker on the side of it. I have thought about buying a knock off one and comparing the two but I really don't want to waste money on something I really don't want and may already have. If anybody has a knock off Quake 4 and wants to post close up pics of it I will take some of my supposedly non-knock off one to compare it with.
    Last edited by moltenluv; 01-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.

I will def take the pics of the Call of duty 2 and Quake 4 faceplates. There is a def quality difference of the plastic and the back is not smooth, the IR window is melted in place and I believe the plastic is thinner than the retail made faceplates. Other than that, the colors and pictures are actually pretty good.. thats why it doesnt bother me.

Whats the faceplate to the right of the Forza Motorsport 2 faceplate?
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I don't see forza motorsport 2 in his collection or I am missing something.

Thee Ganja Farmer WARTH0G DRIVER's Avatar

Sweet Collection!

*the only ones I have are all the halo ones...

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Actually the pre-order one says not for retail sale as well. I really think the only difference between the two are the green circle vs no green circle on the packaging and the fact that one has a white back and the other has a carbon back.
    I'm sure I own the original one (factory sealed), because I got it from a friend which got it personally. It has no green tab and says "Not for retail sale or distribution" on the lower right. The back is just white and on the front there's a protective film on the IR eye.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    I dunno. I wondered the same thing about that one and the Quake 4 one. I have what is supposed to be a non-knock off version of the Quake 4 one but I am only going off what the seller told me and the fact that it came in the little cardbord box with the black and white sticker on the side of it. I have thought about buying a knock off one and comparing the two but I really don't want to waste money on something I really don't want and may already have. If anybody has a knock off Quake 4 and wants to post close up pics of it I will take some of my supposedly non-knock off one to compare it with.
    Well you have the same as me. Mine also came in the carton boxes and I got it from the local game store here when I bought the games. It must be original and if they come in the plastic blister package, then you must have Asian Knock-offs which are listed on eBay a lot. For the Quake 4 one there's a way to check to see if it's original, because these have a dark green border around the IR eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    I don't see forza motorsport 2 in his collection or I am missing something.
    2nd row, 3rd plate in. Its a dark grey color.
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal AK47 View Post
    Well you have the same as me. Mine also came in the carton boxes and I got it from the local game store here when I bought the games. It must be original and if they come in the plastic blister package, then you must have Asian Knock-offs which are listed on eBay a lot. For the Quake 4 one there's a way to check to see if it's original, because these have a dark green border around the IR eye.
    Yeah mine has the green border around the IR eye. Phew! I am safe! I never noticed that difference. Thanks for pointing it out. I compared my faceplate to a pic of a knock-off one on eBay. The knock-off one has a white border around the IR eye instead. Also the 2 little round divets above the USB port door on the knock off are white but on the real one they aren't visible at all. Hope that helps somebody else out

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Ok since nobody else answered your question I will. That faceplate and the blue one next to it come together as a set. They are made by Joytech and there are usually a few listed on eBay at any given time. If you are interested in buying the set let me know and I will find you some auctions Here is a slightly better pic of the set. They are both sort of a translucent color.

Default New Arrivals

New Arrivals..

Enjoy.. I cant wait to take better pics..

Nice. I think the forest leaves one is on its way to me as well. I kinda bought it sight unseen since the picture was so small and I got it with some other plates.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

dude i love the game crazy one, someone bought the last one at my store before i could snag it up

How much money is right there? I mean like the total of all the plates put together? I'm probably going to collection more than just Halo faceplates coming up... I have seven awesome plates right now!! Of just Halo Trilogy based ones!

And I'm building an awesome wall casing for them right now!
    If you seen any of my work so far done.. your know its going to be niceee!
    Its going to have a dim-bar lighting system in each casing.. and many more awesome designs! will post pictures when done!

link to game station built a year ago:
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82633

About the case design I'm probably going to go with a high tech look to it.
    suggestions please??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WARTH0G DRIVER View Post
    How much money is right there? I mean like the total of all the plates put together? I'm probably going to collection more than just Halo faceplates coming up... I have seven awesome plates right now!! Of just Halo Trilogy based ones!

And I'm building an awesome wall casing for them right now!
    If you seen any of my work so far done.. your know its going to be niceee!
    Its going to have a dim-bar lighting system in each casing.. and many more awesome designs! will post pictures when done!

link to game station built a year ago:
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82633

About the case design I'm probably going to go with a high tech look to it.
    suggestions please??
    have speakers inside singing the mjolnir theme song and a giant halo 3 logo pulsing light inside also

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    have speakers inside singing the mjolnir theme song and a giant halo 3 logo pulsing light inside also
    haha.. thats alittle much.. but sweet idea though!
    i have a money limit!

Thread Information