Thread: My new favorite faceplate.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My new favorite faceplate.

Please scroll slowly and don't just jump down to the picture, mmmkay?

-----

It amazes me how the "six degrees of seperation" theory works. The theory is that every person is connected to every other person in the whole world by no more than six connections.

For instance:

I met Sting. No degrees of seperation.
    I met my co-worker Jim, who had The Ramones at his house. That's one degree of seperation.

You get the idea.

Now what's better than that is when you actually get connected to that other party because of your connection to the first party. And that's what happened here.

I was made an MS Xbox MVP. I was given arcade codes. I had a contest to give them out. I made a faceplate. People went nuts. I made more faceplates. I sold my first faceplate, a "Space Ghost" plate. One girl won it for $100 on eBay. A second girl - moltenluv - commissioned me to make her one. I did. I also made her other plates, including an Iron Giant plate.

In comes gh0st_r1der. GR contacts moltenluv, wanting that plate in the worst way. She siccs him on me (lol) and I make him one, and me as well, plus another for KingMidas82 who wants a number of plates. I list a couple more (I made one, then five more) and I think GR bought one more of those as well, plus I kept one.

I'm meeting people though people, you see.

So gh0st_r1der also knows some people (as most of you have probably figured out by now) and asks me if I can send him my plate because he has a plan. (I know about the plan but I'm not telling YOU yet, for dramatic effect, lol.)

People get busy and GR has his own "degrees of seperation" thing going on, and there's the holidays... then, on January the 8th, my birthday, I get a Happy Birthday message from gh0st_r1der and some numbers.

They're tracking numbers.

And he's been really generous with stuff so I'm hoping it's this thing, but I'm happy to get anything from GR (that goes for moltenluv and kingmidas82 as well).

It arrives this afternoon, and this is what it is:

My Iron Giant plate - autographed, by Brad Bird, the director of the film, "The Iron Giant" as well as "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille."

This may well be the best birthday present ever, and means more to me than any other autograph I can think of, even George Lucas.

gh0st_r1der, thank you a thousand times.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 01-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information