Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new favorite faceplate.

Default My new favorite faceplate.

Please scroll slowly and don't just jump down to the picture, mmmkay?

-----

It amazes me how the "six degrees of seperation" theory works. The theory is that every person is connected to every other person in the whole world by no more than six connections.

For instance:

I met Sting. No degrees of seperation.
    I met my co-worker Jim, who had The Ramones at his house. That's one degree of seperation.

You get the idea.

Now what's better than that is when you actually get connected to that other party because of your connection to the first party. And that's what happened here.

I was made an MS Xbox MVP. I was given arcade codes. I had a contest to give them out. I made a faceplate. People went nuts. I made more faceplates. I sold my first faceplate, a "Space Ghost" plate. One girl won it for $100 on eBay. A second girl - moltenluv - commissioned me to make her one. I did. I also made her other plates, including an Iron Giant plate.

In comes gh0st_r1der. GR contacts moltenluv, wanting that plate in the worst way. She siccs him on me (lol) and I make him one, and me as well, plus another for KingMidas82 who wants a number of plates. I list a couple more (I made one, then five more) and I think GR bought one more of those as well, plus I kept one.

I'm meeting people though people, you see.

So gh0st_r1der also knows some people (as most of you have probably figured out by now) and asks me if I can send him my plate because he has a plan. (I know about the plan but I'm not telling YOU yet, for dramatic effect, lol.)

People get busy and GR has his own "degrees of seperation" thing going on, and there's the holidays... then, on January the 8th, my birthday, I get a Happy Birthday message from gh0st_r1der and some numbers.

They're tracking numbers.

And he's been really generous with stuff so I'm hoping it's this thing, but I'm happy to get anything from GR (that goes for moltenluv and kingmidas82 as well).

It arrives this afternoon, and this is what it is:

My Iron Giant plate - autographed, by Brad Bird, the director of the film, "The Iron Giant" as well as "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille."

This may well be the best birthday present ever, and means more to me than any other autograph I can think of, even George Lucas.

gh0st_r1der, thank you a thousand times.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 01-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Wow, very nice, i guess you really like the Iron Giant huh. Im suprised a sequel never came out, it did fairly well in VHS sales.

I still have one of those Iron Giant figures, i think it came with the VHS of the movie
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Wow, very nice, i guess you really like the Iron Giant huh. Im suprised a sequel never came out, it did fairly well in VHS sales.

I still have one of those Iron Giant figures, i think it came with the VHS of the movie
    Yeah. The first plate I made, I used my own figure. When more people want them, I bought a set of five from someone.

I LOVE the movie. There is nothing bad about it. I can't name another animated movie with a believable kid in it. Except maybe the Incredibles, hmm. A boy, in that time, in that situation, would have been exactly like Hogarth Hughes.

My favorite movies: 1) Original Star Wars Trilogy, 2) Iron Giant, 3) Incredibles.

Banned

props ghost if i hadn't given you good rep for selling me plates i would give you 2,000,000,000,000 rep for this. Ghost is a nice guy and always will be and if you go against him you go against xbox addict and my cat, who will eat you

Last edited by JakofallAces; 01-11-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I hope moltenluv likes my cat

Dude, there was no brithday thread for you!?!?!?!?!? HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY! Ghost seems like an awsome person, and Jak, YOu STOLE MY CAT!!!
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    Dude, there was no brithday thread for you!?!?!?!?!? HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY! Ghost seems like an awsome person, and Jak, YOu STOLE MY CAT!!!
    maybe in your mind my cat is sitting on my face right now and he is making it hard to post, also HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACEYT WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 40??? Jk happy birthday cya.

No really, I really mean okay, I will get a picture, to prove it.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    maybe in your mind my cat is sitting on my face right now and he is making it hard to post, also HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPACEYT WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 40??? Jk happy birthday cya.
    Worse than that, 42. My age is the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

Space your faceplate is the only signed Iron Giant, there was no room for 2 faceplates when I inquired ... and I didn't wanted to push my luck ... so it is very special

One Red Hot BAMF

That's really cool of you GR. Seriously That's extremely thoughtful. And freaking cool that you could get that autograph!
    My Faceplates: The one that came with my 360
    My Games: Gears of War, Lost Planet, Rainbow Six Vegas, Guitar Hero II, Def Jam: Icon, Halo 3, Viva Pinata, CoD2, Dead Rising, Perfect Dark, PGR3, Big Bumpin', Sneak King, Pocket Bike Racer, and Rockstar's Table Tennis
    My XBLA games: Aegis Wing, Boom Boom Rocket, Carcassonne, Exit, Gauntlet, Geometry Wars, Marble Blast Ultra, Small Arms, Uno, Totemball, Yaris, and HEXIC HD (lol)

If any of these games has a multiplayer that you want to play (even if no one plays it any more!) send me a message on XBL and we'll play!!!

Current Projects:Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

how the hell did u get it is what i wanna ask lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Worse than that, 42. My age is the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.
    damn i was kidding srry man really sorry. ha dont worry my moms older.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Wow! That is like the greatest birthday gift of all! Now aren't you two kids glad I introduced you to each other

props ghost if i hadn't given you good rep for selling me plates i would give you 2,000,000,000,000 rep for this. Ghost is a nice guy and always will be and if you go against him you go against xbox addict and my cat, who will eat you

OMG! This made me laugh! It has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this thread. And yes I do like your cat.........I guess you read my Bio I just put up a few days ago. I didn't know what to write so I just rambled off a bunch of stuff that may or may not be interesting. Hahahah I just read what you wrote again...........my cat, who will eat you I love it! I just don't know quite why I find it so funny.

damn i was kidding srry man really sorry. ha dont worry my moms older.

Don't feel old Spacey, my Mom is gonna be 54 this year. My Nanny is in her early 80's and my Pappy is in his mid 80's. My dad will be like 46 or 47 (not sure because I stopped having any kind of contact with him when I was in my late teens) and I will be turning a year older! See I decided to stop aging at 21 since everybody says thats how old I look I figured I may as well just go with it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    OMG! This made me laugh! It has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this thread. And yes I do like your cat.........I guess you read my Bio I just put up a few days ago. I didn't know what to write so I just rambled off a bunch of stuff that may or may not be interesting. Hahahah I just read what you wrote again...........my cat, who will eat you I love it! I just don't know quite why I find it so funny.

Don't feel old Spacey, my Mom is gonna be 54 this year. My Nanny is in her early 80's and my Pappy is in his mid 80's. My dad will be like 46 or 47 (not sure because I stopped having any kind of contact with him when I was in my late teens) and I will be turning a year older! See I decided to stop aging at 21 since everybody says thats how old I look I figured I may as well just go with it
    glad you liked it and wow your family is ancient moltenluv, nah i am kidding but props spacey that plate will look great anywhere you should buy a display case for it alone, a really tall one. And moltenluv i have no idea what you are talking about with the bio thing u said i just think my cat like to eat people and that is why it weighs 17 pounds and has awesome demon eyes

glad you liked it and wow your family is ancient moltenluv, nah i am kidding but props spacey that plate will look great anywhere you should buy a display case for it alone, a really tall one. And moltenluv i have no idea what you are talking about with the bio thing u said i just think my cat like to eat people and that is why it weighs 17 pounds and has awesome demon eyes
    Well thats cause they are the only ones left really. Almost everybody on my Mom's side of the family is already dead I told my Nanny she has to live forever, when she dies I will be completely lost. I consider her to be my mom my actual mom is well hmmm I don't know how to say it nicely so I won't say anything at all. I have a big cat too. Last time he was at the vet he weighed in at a little over 18 lbs. I love him. He's a big scared cat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Well thats cause they are the only ones left really. Almost everybody on my Mom's side of the family is already dead I told my Nanny she has to live forever, when she dies I will be completely lost. I consider her to be my mom my actual mom is well hmmm I don't know how to say it nicely so I won't say anything at all. I have a big cat too. Last time he was at the vet he weighed in at a little over 18 lbs. I love him. He's a big scared cat.
    Sorry about my last post it was a joke but i am truly sorry, i have issues with my dad also but oh well life goes on, about your cat... doesnt it suck when you wanna carry him its a freaking job to carry mine up the stairs. Also i am going to stop posting this conversation between me and moltenluv it is completely pointless to the post's outcome so cya on pms moltenluv. Also spacey you should get the plate bronzed. That would be sick.

My thread has turned into a cat thread.

gh0st_r1der, that was remarkably kind of you, but it's a little bittersweet since you were going to get one for yourself and I just kinda jumped on your coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    My thread has turned into a cat thread.
    hahaha i know that was so random. hahahaha... o and btw i have 3 cats...
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

That's a really cool, it's always a pleasure to read stories like these.
    -=Rookie of the Year 2004=- -=Member of the year 2005=- -=Mod 2006-2007=- -=Banned and threatened with legal action 2008=-

Hidden Content

Thread Information