Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I call dibs!

Default I call dibs!

With a possible apology to tinytoons if necessary.

There is a Microsoft/Massive faceplate up on eBay. I have had this in my most wanted list since I first put a wishlist up in the forums. I moved it down into the "impossible plates" section because I figured that the one I saw was a fluke and I'd never see another.

Tinytoons had the opening bid on it, but only at a buck because my first bid is only like $1.25

**EDIT** Oh, he's looking at it right now, too, because he bid up again. It's at $5.50 now. I've bid pretty high, and I'm sorry I didn't see it first or it wouldn't be an issue, but I REALLY NEED THAT PLATE.

That is all.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Registered User tinytoonsbuster's Avatar

you may have it space. sorry i bid again, i didnt realize it was you until after. how's my spaceplates going?
    My Wishlist!
    X05 Canada - Maple Leaf Tile
    Star Ocean Japan Faceplate
    Tales of Vesperia Japan Faceplate

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoonsbuster View Post
    you may have it space. sorry i bid again, i didnt realize it was you until after. how's my spaceplates going?
    Sheesh, I owe YOU the apology. If you tip it my way, I will be eternally grateful.

Well, I hooked up with the sticker guy today. I bought THIRTEEN FEET of stickers. It took me all evening to get them seperated. Anybody who's been waiting on stickers will have their plates in the works again tomorrow. I'm not doin' jack but working on plates the next two days. I do have an actual date Thursday night though, so forgive me for that one.

Oh, I got your Piranha Plant and pipe today. I was losing the bid on those dotmatrix Mario bottlecaps, and there was someone else with about 65 of them for BIN of about $74 with shipping, so I got it. So, I'm gonna be in the hole in a MAJOR way on THAT plate, lol. But there should be a number of Marios in the lot, so no worries. I know moltenluv wanted a second plate so maybe I can do an underwater one for her or something.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 01-30-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Sheesh, I owe YOU the apology. If you tip it my way, I will be eternally grateful.

Well, I hooked up with the sticker guy today. I bought THIRTEEN FEET of stickers. It took me all evening to get them seperated. Anybody who's been waiting on stickers will have their plates in the works again tomorrow. I'm not doin' jack but working on plates the next two days. I do have an actual date Thursday night though, so forgive me for that one.

Oh, I got your Piranha Plant and pipe today. I was losing the bid on those dotmatrix Mario bottlecaps, and there was someone else with about 65 of them for BIN of about $74 with shipping, so I got it. So, I'm gonna be in the hole in a MAJOR way on THAT plate, lol. But there should be a number of Marios in the lot, so no worries. I know moltenluv wanted a second plate so maybe I can do an underwater one for her or something.
    wow you still getting girls, good on ya spacey, and i am bidding 200 for that plate, ITS RED, my favorite color and i cant hold back because it says massive which is just like me. Nah have it i dont really like this plate or know who/what massive is. oh well good luck just get the dont bid thing through gameking, gamer76, and ghost's head.

ARE U AFRAID OF THE CLOWN INSANEKID13's Avatar

just love how everybody gets along
    NEVER QUIT
    thanks to Hidden Content for this sig
    thanks SuperGaz for the sig
    IT'S JUST A GAME

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INSANEKID13 View Post
    just love how everybody gets along
    Thanks we try are best to make everyone here feel like home. and if I haven't said it Welcome to the site.

We try.

If someone else disagrees and they also "have to have it," then it's just a matter of who has the bigger wallet. That day, I mean. Like it or not, I'm NOT paying five hundred bucks for that plate. If it's worth that to someone, I'll "kindly" let them have it, lol.

again, get that through gamekings head. as if he doesn't have enough cool stuff already... he still will snipe things even though people call "dibs" heh, i'm not gunna forget that gameking.
    My Wishlist!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoonsbuster View Post
    again, get that through gamekings head. as if he doesn't have enough cool stuff already... he still will snipe things even though people call "dibs" heh, i'm not gunna forget that gameking.
    FIGHT FIGHT, wow you really hold a grudge i am making sure never to get in your way again.

lol. couple rounds in the octagon gameking? jk, but people should know, he couldn't even let me have one rare plate even though his collection kills mine, he couldn't toss one towards me. the only one i had ever called dibs on too, so if he ever calls dibs and i also want the plate, good luck to him, he'll either pay more then he had too, or i'll win it. nuff said

edit* i'm not mad that he wanted the plate too, i'm mad at the sneaky way he did it. he saw my post about the plate but still did not message me before he bid, at the last second mind you, and won it by only $4 more then what i bid. he also claimed that he didn't know i was gunna still bid on it, well that is irrelivent because we both made bids at the last 10 seconds, mine was $257 and his was like $255.05 so i was in the lead and thought i had won it, nope 4 seconds left he bid $4 more then me, wow. i immediatley went to see who won it and it was gameking, i was bummed all day. escpecially cause i had been dreaming about the plate the whole time it was on ebay... i was even in good contact with the seller (at least 5 emails back and forth) i was set to win the item i thought...nope the cold/greedy/sneaky guy won.

This is just my opinion of the guy. Freedom of speech =p
    Last edited by tinytoonsbuster; 01-30-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added more
    My Wishlist!

Dude you're acting like I stole your girlfriend and kicked your dog.
    I've explained it once in another thread but I'll do it again here just to make sure it gets through your head.
    One of a kind/extremely rare plates are open season.
    That being said, if I had any idea it meant that much to you I would've left it alone and you'd be out the cash instead of me.
    You're taking this way too personal - like I was out to get YOU specifically.

I didn't see your post about the COD faceplate until after the auction was over. It's buried in the "Heads Up" thread - a thread I only browse occasionally. On something like this, make a thread - like the one we're in now.
    You criticize that I was "snipe" bidding but you did the same thing. My last bid was a "one-click" bid (which I think only bumps up the bid by the minimum amount) because as soon as my bid was placed it said I was outbid. I didn't even get a chance to look at who outbid me.

Look, I didn't need the COD plate. You're right, my collection puts most others to shame - there are a few exceptions. The fact of the matter is that you DIDN'T call dibs on that plate. You put a post in an sticky thread that is supposed to be used to let people know about new plates they've found. You placed two bids on it a week before it ended and then left it alone. If you had made a thread somewhere on the boards saying "HANDS OFF - IT'S MINE" I'd have gladly stepped aside. You can't expect me to go through every post on every thread looking for plates that people have claimed. If I had seen it and really wanted the plate I would've messaged you and we would've worked it out.

The only difference between what happed with us and what happened with you and SpaceGhost (on the plate this thread is supposed to be about) is the amount of time left in the auction. It was just a failure to communicate.

Bottom line: Think what you want of me, but get over it and knock off the **** talking.

I like the community here. I like that people get along (for the most part). I'm all about taking one for the team to promote the community here because its something I've wanted since I started collecting faceplates. This was just a breakdown in communication and hopefully a learning experience for everyone here. Now let's stop with the and make with the
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Dude you're acting like I stole your girlfriend and kicked your dog.
    I've explained it once in another thread but I'll do it again here just to make sure it gets through your head.
    One of a kind/extremely rare plates are open season.
    That being said, if I had any idea it meant that much to you I would've left it alone and you'd be out the cash instead of me.
    You're taking this way too personal - like I was out to get YOU specifically.

I didn't see your post about the COD faceplate until after the auction was over. It's buried in the "Heads Up" thread - a thread I only browse occasionally. On something like this, make a thread - like the one we're in now.
    You criticize that I was "snipe" bidding but you did the same thing. My last bid was a "one-click" bid (which I think only bumps up the bid by the minimum amount) because as soon as my bid was placed it said I was outbid. I didn't even get a chance to look at who outbid me.

Look, I didn't need the COD plate. You're right, my collection puts most others to shame - there are a few exceptions. The fact of the matter is that you DIDN'T call dibs on that plate. You put a post in an sticky thread that is supposed to be used to let people know about new plates they've found. You placed two bids on it a week before it ended and then left it alone. If you had made a thread somewhere on the boards saying "HANDS OFF - IT'S MINE" I'd have gladly stepped aside. You can't expect me to go through every post on every thread looking for plates that people have claimed. If I had seen it and really wanted the plate I would've messaged you and we would've worked it out.

The only difference between what happed with us and what happened with you and SpaceGhost (on the plate this thread is supposed to be about) is the amount of time left in the auction. It was just a failure to communicate.

Bottom line: Think what you want of me, but get over it and knock off the **** talking.

I like the community here. I like that people get along (for the most part). I'm all about taking one for the team to promote the community here because its something I've wanted since I started collecting faceplates. This was just a breakdown in communication and hopefully a learning experience for everyone here. Now let's stop with the and make with the
    just to mention between your fighting that technically the whole Dibs thing for faceplates on ebay is sorta illegal because that goes against ebays policy of conspiring to and not to bid on something to keep the price low.

you personally told me that you had seen the thread but didn't think i still wanted it so you bid right? so why are you saying you never saw the thread, trying to make yourself look better. but you are more reputable here(and you know that) so i'll leave it be, and that's the only reason i'm leaving it be because i still think you are one of the people who would upbid something just cause you have the money to waste so someone else doesn't get it.

Bottom line: you saw my post, and you know you did cause you told me, my post said please pm me if you are going to bid on it. even if i didn't bid on it for a couple days(was i gunna just keep going back and forth bidding it up and up...no) i think you could've at least pm'd me through here. you're a greedy guy, i just think you didn't care because i have like only 8 posts at the time on this forum.. you were like who's this guy anyway. but i'm here to stay so you'll have to deal with me. i don't like you buddy, but i wasn't talkin crap, it was all facts
    Last edited by tinytoonsbuster; 01-30-2008 at 06:31 PM.
    My Wishlist!

That's another reason why its hard to get the word out when you want something.
    The seller of the COD plate actually commented that she liked my collection -which means she's either been here or over to HottyMcBloggy's (where much of my collection is actually posted). Think she's been by here and is laughing at all this?

But seriously, I don't want my account suspended and I'm sure no one else here does either. If we want to continue "claiming" plates we'll probably have to figure out some sort of system that gets the word out while not leaving it out in the open for all to see.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

i gave her the link link to your blog actually bro =) commenting that wow you didn't have enough cool stuff already... i like your collection man. anyone into games would.
    My Wishlist!

Haha thanks.
    But you've got it wrong. I deleted the response I had here because I missed your first response.
    I said that I saw your bid, not your post.
    Look I'm done arguing with you. Just lay off the damn insults and we're done.
    Last edited by gameking28; 01-30-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: original response was just going to draw another... and another... and another
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I think now is a good time for everybody to step back and take a breath.

This is a good time to evaluate what we are. TO do that, I am going to use a couple of examples.

When I collected Star Wars stuff actively, I was a manber of collectstarwars.com, and then galactichunter.com when CSW was bought and the former owners launched the new site.

People there post local finds, and they buy, sell and trade figures. They don't allow ebay links except for top of the line vintage figures and memorabilia. So people don't fight too much, because their forums are more about what's local and not what they found on the 'net.

Then on the other hand there are the Roman forums. No, not the one where they threw Christians to the lions. Roman makes figurines. I tried to complete a set of ornaments for my wife, and there was like no talk at all about people finding HTF things. If you found something cool, you kept the info to yourself.

Faceplate Addict is a weird duck. I'm trying to get people to come together as a community while at the same time knowing that they're all going to want the same stuff. It's a nightmare waiting to happen.

At SOME point, there will be a number of people here who have near-complete collections. By that, I mean they've got just about everything that will EVER be in their price range. When there are eighteen people here with the DOA Kasumi plate, and one comes up for auction, there will be a "heads up" and probably no fighting will ensue.

But as it is right now, not even Gh0st or Gameking is in that boat. While they have stellar collections, they also still have some gaping holes that need to be filled. Then we've also got those guys just starting out, with money in hand, trying to decide which plate to add to their collection.

This is my opinion, but I'd never get that riled up over a signature.

I have two plates from the Canadian charity auctions that I could have lost and not lost any sleep.
    I have a plate signed by Brad Bird, but it's a plate that I made myself.
    I have two plates signed by the BioWare/Mass Effect development team. Not only are they also made by me, but I went to their studios and they signed them with MY pen, right in front of me. Their autographs don't mean "I paid for a signed plate." They mean, "I was there."

If a CoD4 plate autographed by the development team means that much to you (and I'm only using this as an example, I'm not singling out parties involved), I would just buy a plate and mail it to Infinity Ward's PR department, and ask for signatures. Avril Lavigne, Joss Stone, Brad Bird... those people were in one place at one time and signed one plate. They're non-industry people. I would never, NEVER, pay crazy money for a plate signed by people who are still around and could sign a hundred more if you asked. J Allard, Peter Moore, Jeff Bell, Shane Kim, Major Nelson, Cliffy B, Peter Molyneux.... it's too easy to just hand them a plate and ask them to sign it.

Pick a company. Let's use Bungie. Pretty easy to find the addresses to their studios. Get a Halo plate. Get a box that will hold the plate and addresses it to yourself, and stick on the appropriate postage. Then put that and a Halo plate in a box. Add a note that you're a fan and would like signatures of the development staff. Include specific names if you have them.

You could do that with IW, and for fifty bucks for a plate and twenty bucks postage, you could have that plate that sold for two hundred or whatever it went for. And you'd have the pride of knowing that you got those signatures yourself.

---

I've expressed interest in the IdolM@ster plate and this Massive plate. In both cases, I made an exceptional amount of noise that these plates mean a lot to me. Groovy. But if someone in here outbid me, well... the truth of the matter is, they were obviously willing to spend more money on than I was, so who can I blame? Them? Hell no.

I am hoping that we can help each other out SO MUCH that if someone DOES get their toes stepped on, a "sorry dude" will be sufficient, and we're passed it. There will be misunderstandings. There will be miscommunications. And there will most certainly be competitions.

gh0st_rider, moltenluv and kingmidas82 have gone way above and beyond in helping me with my collection. ali rock 110 and gameking28 have bought a crapload of stuff from me. So if I lost something to someone I might go, "&#(%$!" but if I lost it to one of them, I'd go "oh, well." If we're all that close from helping each other out, EVERYBODY will have some one-of-a-kind plate in their collection, and EVERYBODY will have a collection they can be proud of and NOBODY will want somebody in here dead, lol.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Good Saying Space. Can we all just get along.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I think now is a good time for everybody to step back and take a breath.

This is a good time to evaluate what we are. TO do that, I am going to use a couple of examples.

When I collected Star Wars stuff actively, I was a manber of collectstarwars.com, and then galactichunter.com when CSW was bought and the former owners launched the new site.

People there post local finds, and they buy, sell and trade figures. They don't allow ebay links except for top of the line vintage figures and memorabilia. So people don't fight too much, because their forums are more about what's local and not what they found on the 'net.

Then on the other hand there are the Roman forums. No, not the one where they threw Christians to the lions. Roman makes figurines. I tried to complete a set of ornaments for my wife, and there was like no talk at all about people finding HTF things. If you found something cool, you kept the info to yourself.

Faceplate Addict is a weird duck. I'm trying to get people to come together as a community while at the same time knowing that they're all going to want the same stuff. It's a nightmare waiting to happen.

At SOME point, there will be a number of people here who have near-complete collections. By that, I mean they've got just about everything that will EVER be in their price range. When there are eighteen people here with the DOA Kasumi plate, and one comes up for auction, there will be a "heads up" and probably no fighting will ensue.

But as it is right now, not even Gh0st or Gameking is in that boat. While they have stellar collections, they also still have some gaping holes that need to be filled. Then we've also got those guys just starting out, with money in hand, trying to decide which plate to add to their collection.

This is my opinion, but I'd never get that riled up over a signature.

I have two plates from the Canadian charity auctions that I could have lost and not lost any sleep.
    I have a plate signed by Brad Bird, but it's a plate that I made myself.
    I have two plates signed by the BioWare/Mass Effect development team. Not only are they also made by me, but I went to their studios and they signed them with MY pen, right in front of me. Their autographs don't mean "I paid for a signed plate." They mean, "I was there."

If a CoD4 plate autographed by the development team means that much to you (and I'm only using this as an example, I'm not singling out parties involved), I would just buy a plate and mail it to Infinity Ward's PR department, and ask for signatures. Avril Lavigne, Joss Stone, Brad Bird... those people were in one place at one time and signed one plate. They're non-industry people. I would never, NEVER, pay crazy money for a plate signed by people who are still around and could sign a hundred more if you asked. J Allard, Peter Moore, Jeff Bell, Shane Kim, Major Nelson, Cliffy B, Peter Molyneux.... it's too easy to just hand them a plate and ask them to sign it.

Pick a company. Let's use Bungie. Pretty easy to find the addresses to their studios. Get a Halo plate. Get a box that will hold the plate and addresses it to yourself, and stick on the appropriate postage. Then put that and a Halo plate in a box. Add a note that you're a fan and would like signatures of the development staff. Include specific names if you have them.

You could do that with IW, and for fifty bucks for a plate and twenty bucks postage, you could have that plate that sold for two hundred or whatever it went for. And you'd have the pride of knowing that you got those signatures yourself.

---

I've expressed interest in the IdolM@ster plate and this Massive plate. In both cases, I made an exceptional amount of noise that these plates mean a lot to me. Groovy. But if someone in here outbid me, well... the truth of the matter is, they were obviously willing to spend more money on than I was, so who can I blame? Them? Hell no.

I am hoping that we can help each other out SO MUCH that if someone DOES get their toes stepped on, a "sorry dude" will be sufficient, and we're passed it. There will be misunderstandings. There will be miscommunications. And there will most certainly be competitions.

gh0st_rider, moltenluv and kingmidas82 have gone way above and beyond in helping me with my collection. ali rock 110 and gameking28 have bought a crapload of stuff from me. So if I lost something to someone I might go, "&#(%$!" but if I lost it to one of them, I'd go "oh, well." If we're all that close from helping each other out, EVERYBODY will have some one-of-a-kind plate in their collection, and EVERYBODY will have a collection they can be proud of and NOBODY will want somebody in here dead, lol.
    WOW that was amazing, props to spacey for putting the time and energy into making us a friends again, and once again completely skipping over adding me in a post, but once that day comes i will be truly happy, and know that the faceplate community is whole again. But seriously spacey you really are always there when we start bickering or disputing, there will be other chances to get a signed plate and eventually gameking will run out of money so we can acctually stand a chance of winning stuff

i had a feeling space was gunna say somethin =p. well put. i'm over it. but i still think you knew what you were doing gameking.
    My Wishlist!

Thread Information