Thread: Saints Row Faceplate Goes for Alot of $$$

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default Saints Row Faceplate Goes for Alot of $$$

I was looking at this faceplate on EBay and watching the bidding. When the bidding was at $100. I asked around the site what would you pay for a faceplate like this. The answers I got were I would pay 100 - 110. Someone even told me 30- 60.

click here
    to see how much it really went for.

Now the question is has the original price for this faceplate gone up. Can eBay really change the price of an item? Please discuss.

haha seeing this kinda thing makes me angry I passed up the chance to get one for 14 euros, DOH!

I DIDN'T pass up the chance to get one for 13 Euros... but they cancelled my order and said they were out of stock. Gee, what are the chances someone told them they could get more for them on eBay?

I don't think this is a matter of extreme demand. I think it's a limited supply and I think there's a chance it's a TEMPORARY limited supply. Who knows? At some point, they could be like the other Saints Row plates that you can buy for $2 each.

It's an interesting piece. I still wouldn't have paid more than $100 for it, and that's AFTER I got all the OTHER plates I want that are around $100.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I DIDN'T pass up the chance to get one for 13 Euros... but they cancelled my order and said they were out of stock. Gee, what are the chances someone told them they could get more for them on eBay?

I don't think this is a matter of extreme demand. I think it's a limited supply and I think there's a chance it's a TEMPORARY limited supply. Who knows? At some point, they could be like the other Saints Row plates that you can buy for $2 each.

It's an interesting piece. I still wouldn't have paid more than $100 for it, and that's AFTER I got all the OTHER plates I want that are around $100.
    You keep saying you wouldn't pay no more than 100 but if someone is willing to pay more for it the seller will take the higher bidder. so will the price really be 100 dallors.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 02-21-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Due to the high demand for Saint's Row New Zealand launch faceplate, I've pulled some strings here and there and here is , I got a response from non-motivated seller. I requested a picture to confirm that has faceplate in hand. I don't have yet a quote or confirmation about the condition of the faceplate, but looks like new to me from the pic.
    I should have more details coming in today .

Oh good.

Ghost check your PM I sent you something.

Ahh weak man

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    You keep saying you wouldn't pay no more than 100 but if someone is willing to pay more for it the seller will take the higher bidder. so will the price really be 100 dallors.
    That's what I'm saying. 99% of the people could be willing to pay $100 for it, but it only takes one person willing to pay $200 for it and guess what... the seller is going to take the $200 and now it's a $200 plate instead of a $100 plate.

Sorry about your post where it says I edited it. I hit edit instead of quote. My bad.

That's what I'm saying. 99% of the people could be willing to pay $100 for it, but it only takes one person willing to pay $200 for it and guess what... the seller is going to take the $200 and now it's a $200 plate instead of a $100 plate.

Sorry about your post where it says I edited it. I hit edit instead of quote. My bad.
    Now I understand. That's what I have been trying to say. It will just take one person to make Microsoft Hot Rod Blue to go from $10 or so to $50. It will only take one person to make an of the TSZ faceplates to go from $15 of so to $80.

You know what's funny? The guy that bought it is the same one that was selling the 2 Gorillaz plates Nato posted about in the Heads Up thread.
    Guess I know what he did with the PayPal payment I just sent him.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    You know what's funny? The guy that bought it is the same one that was selling the 2 Gorillaz plates Nato posted about in the Heads Up thread.
    Guess I know what he did with the PayPal payment I just sent him.
    hahaha now that is funny. Sell two to buy one.

i love tht plate so much. i dont hav the cash to pony up on that tho.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Seeing how much this one went for almost made me wanna sell mine

yea since this one went for alot i think you should sell it for some extra cash...maybe
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Seeing how much this one went for almost made me wanna sell mine
    See that's what I am talking about get about 5 to 8 people doing the same thing saying I can sell my faceplate because I saw this one go for that amount. So the price of the faceplate will not be around 100 anymore.

Banned

See that's what I am talking about get about 5 to 8 people doing the same thing saying I can sell my faceplate because I saw this one go for that amount. So the price of the faceplate will not be around 100 anymore.
    ya but supply and demand, the second the supply goes up because of the demand so does th price go down because now people have options so if 10 people now sell there NZ saint row launch plate then they wont get 200 each they might only get 100 because the people bidding have options and dont have to skyrocket the price of the stuff they want

Also, does anyone know what the Bioshock kits are going for these days? Me either. I don't see them listed. I don't see people bidding on them. I don't see them in the "$100 plate" section. There's the same 5,100 of them there's always been, but they're working their way OUT of the hands of people who are indifferent, and INTO the hands of people who really want them. They will continue to surface as people change hobbies, need money, etc. But the interest in them will decrease for the same reasons.

Also, does anyone know what the Bioshock kits are going for these days? Me either. I don't see them listed. I don't see people bidding on them. I don't see them in the "$100 plate" section. There's the same 5,100 of them there's always been, but they're working their way OUT of the hands of people who are indifferent, and INTO the hands of people who really want them. They will continue to surface as people change hobbies, need money, etc. But the interest in them will decrease for the same reasons.
    Are you talking about this faceplate.

If so click here on ebay now.

Are you talking about this faceplate.

If so click here on ebay now.
    Yeah, that's the one. Although I know what Spacey was talking about. As early as last month I saw those plates going for under $50. Before Christmas you were lucky to find one for under $100.
    What really strikes me as weird is the price this one is going for, considering it's missing a memory card slot cover and USB slot cover. My Ken Levine signed one broke a MC slot as soon as I took the damn thing out of the box - that's why I'm planning on bidding. I'm wondering why the other guys have bid it up... same problem perhaps?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

There used to be like forty of them up there at once. Right now, there are three. So it is maintaining its price pretty well since the supply is drying up. I haven't looked at the bids to see if it's the same people bidding on them. There will always be "collectors for trade" who will buy them even after demand for personal collections is done.

Thread Information