Thread: Newbie

Talking Newbie

What's up fella's. I happen to stumble upon this site from another forum I just read. This one is waaaay better. I am thinking about getting an Xbox but am not sure. I want one so bad but reading about what other people say about it I can't make up my mind. Any suggestions? FYI I have a PS2 and I am getting kind of bored with it. Later

Hi there,

Well obviously everyone here is going to tell you to get an Xbox. We all have one and we all think its the best thing since Ice Cream. Why else would we be here talking about it right?

I suggest you take an hour or 2 examing the reviews/previews of different games for Xbox (Brute Force, JSRF, Halo, Project Ego are all awesome games or are looking to be). If they're to your fancy, then you should invest in an Xbox!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Default Welcome

Let me be the firs to welcome you, you have chosen the best

forum currently on the internet.

I also have a PS2, but Xbox beats it hands down, the only thing

the Xbox is currently behind in is the amount of available titles.

That is why I got a PS2. But that will slowly change.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Well, let me put it this way. With the XBox you have these capabilities that you don't on your PoS2:

1. Faster processor - 3 times as fast as the PoS2
    2. Hard drive utilized for game saves - no need for one of those stupid memory cards, though, the XBox has those, too.
    3. Hard drive for faster game loads
    4. Hard drive giving you the capability to rip your own personal CD collection so you can listen to your own music, therefore, replacing the default music that can be seemingly annoying. You can do this with selective games such as Amped, Project Gotham Racing, Tony Hawk 2X and Tony Hawk 3, Rallisport Challenge, etc...
    5. The XBox is system link capable. This means that you can hook up to four XBoxes and play in a LAN, similar to computers, however, you are using different TVs. Halo, which got ranked #1 out of games for all systems including the PC, is able to have 16 players all at once because of the System Link capability. System link is standard.
    6. Four controller ports. No such thing or even a need for a "multi-tap"
    7. Broadband ready - it's already built in as on-line gaming is the future. I'm already playing Halo on-line and loving it!!
    8. Exclusive titles, however, Sony has this, too. However, XBox will have many of the same games as the PoS2 does, however, they will add what is known as "XBox extras" which means they will take the same game that is found on the PoS2 but add more playable characters, more enemies, more activity on the screen, smoother graphics, extra levels, and extra weapons....depends on the game. All this for the same price. Why settle for second best when you can have the best version of the same game on the XBox?
    9. HUGE third party support...the greats of Rockstar, Sega, and a few hundred other 3rd party game developers are making games for XBox as we speak.

Just my 2 cents. The value speaks for itself

Welcome to the boards. U'll encounter many a friendly people here so enjoy your stay. Anyways, the best suggestion I have for U is to rent an Xbox with several games. The good ones are being released this month and throughout the year. I've seen numerous posts where PS2 owners claim they haven't touched their PS2 since getting themselves an Xbox. I really wouldn't listen to the negative comments about the Xbox or any other system because they all get blown severly out of proportion. I've said time and time again to people asking about whether they should get an Xbox that they shouldn't listen to anyone, they should just try it themselves. I've had many people play my Xbox who totally changed their whole attitude towards it from bad to good because they got a chance to play it for themselves and make up their own mind instead of making a final decision based on negative comments about it. No one can say that U will like the Xbox for sure, or dislike it for sure. Make your own decision and U'll be happy.

you wanna be cool with this cat named JJaX.
    i heard he's the Shiz-nizzle-bam-kizzle. (thats means the s4it)
    remember that name:

JJaX!
    Whats my mutha F***in Name
    JJaX!
    Who im rolling with Huh?
    My *****s

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice guys. Your pic's are cool. I need to learn to do that ASAP.

I probably will get one as soon as I got my income tax refund back! Can't wait to play HALO on my bigscreen. I've seen the jump movie and had a chance to play it at Fry's Electronic by my house, with a vibrating game chair AND on a HDTV. My old lady was ****ed at me that day becuz we ended up staying there for almost 4 hrs.

sounds sweet! I dont have anyfriends to play with because I live in my moms basement!Not. Just in her house. Im kidding what am I saying....WHERE ARE MY PILLS!

Welcome to the best site for xbox.Get xbox soon dude.
    Are you Ready for the XBox Revolution?

Hey Welcome to the Forums! You will have a rockin' good time here! Buy an Xbox and you will like yourself for the rest of time!
    Don't and well.....!

I don't see why youre getting bored of your PS2, but since youa re get an XBOX!!

I think the XBOX is much funner. I play on both of them a lot, but XBOX shiens through. You will notice a graphics quality difference (in a good way) when you switch over to XBOX.

Halo is also an amazing game that you can only get on XBOX . XBOX should come out with more games, so don't fret if thats an issue.

Don't worry, you cant do it

Well, let me put it this way. With the XBox you have these capabilities that you don't on your PoS2:

1. Faster processor - 3 times as fast as the PoS2
    2. Hard drive utilized for game saves - no need for one of those stupid memory cards, though, the XBox has those, too.
    3. Hard drive for faster game loads
    4. Hard drive giving you the capability to rip your own personal CD collection so you can listen to your own music, therefore, replacing the default music that can be seemingly annoying. You can do this with selective games such as Amped, Project Gotham Racing, Tony Hawk 2X and Tony Hawk 3, Rallisport Challenge, etc...
    5. The XBox is system link capable. This means that you can hook up to four XBoxes and play in a LAN, similar to computers, however, you are using different TVs. Halo, which got ranked #1 out of games for all systems including the PC, is able to have 16 players all at once because of the System Link capability. System link is standard.
    6. Four controller ports. No such thing or even a need for a "multi-tap"
    7. Broadband ready - it's already built in as on-line gaming is the future. I'm already playing Halo on-line and loving it!!
    8. Exclusive titles, however, Sony has this, too. However, XBox will have many of the same games as the PoS2 does, however, they will add what is known as "XBox extras" which means they will take the same game that is found on the PoS2 but add more playable characters, more enemies, more activity on the screen, smoother graphics, extra levels, and extra weapons....depends on the game. All this for the same price. Why settle for second best when you can have the best version of the same game on the XBox?
    9. HUGE third party support...the greats of Rockstar, Sega, and a few hundred other 3rd party game developers are making games for XBox as we speak.
    good explanation Max
    welcome newbii

Welcome to the boards. U'll encounter many a friendly people here so enjoy your stay.
    such as me!

I think the XBOX is much funner. I play on both of them a lot, but XBOX shiens through. You will notice a graphics quality difference (in a good way) when you switch over to XBOX.
    hehe...good spelling..is funner even a word?
    hehe....

peace yall
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Thread Information