Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some positive peer pressure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneyez9 View Post
    I sent money for GTA IV and Fable 2 plates. With all of these orders are you having to pay more for supplies (mainly faceplates to use) because they're not as readily available?
    trust me he has his ways also spacey get readly for one hell of an order when you get back from UCLA its for a big halo friend of mine and i want to surprise him, it will be kinda insane but will work off stuff you have already done but with alot extra

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneyez9 View Post
    I sent money for GTA IV and Fable 2 plates. With all of these orders are you having to pay more for supplies (mainly faceplates to use) because they're not as readily available?
    I keep thinking I'm cool on plates, and then I'm amazed when I start running out. I had like 40 here and they're almost all gone. I have ten silver ones in the pkg waiting for a special project, but I can get into them if I have to (last resort).

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    trust me he has his ways also spacey get readly for one hell of an order when you get back from UCLA its for a big halo friend of mine and i want to surprise him, it will be kinda insane but will work off stuff you have already done but with alot extra
    Lemme know.

OK, don't have an update yet for today, but I will. I'm out.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

I updated the list above and I'm off to bed. I have nine kinds of stickers to make tomorrow: GTA IV text, GTA IV logo, R* logo, Godfather, Fable, Fable inverted, Poseidon, Arkham, Union Wells and Punisher. Made a lot of headway today. Post Office and stickers tomorrow, yay!

Yay Spacey! Keep it up!
    In the immortal words of Rob Schneider, "You can do it!"
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Yay Spacey! Keep it up!
    In the immortal words of Rob Schneider, "You can do it!"
    ya spacey Keep on truckin'

I updated it.

Save The Cheerleader may have to come off fornow. I had to redo the sticker, and it still came out with issues. I MIGHT be able to save the plate, but it's going to take hand painting outlines in black *shudder*

Arkanoid is just for my own outlet so it'll probably have to wait.

I REALLY need to get the Georgia plate started. I just have the layouts done on the other stuff, but that one I have to start from zero (except that I DO have the stickers).

I got the stickers made for the Batman plate too, but it's already taken me so long, I may have to slide on it this week.

Plates that WILL be done by midnight tomorrow night include:

2 Fables
    2 GTA IV's
    3 GoC clan plates
    1 Punisher
    2 KOTOR boxes
    1 Heroes Sylar's Slash
    1 Glossy Gears plate
    1 Spatter w/ weapons
    1 Boba Fett
    1 Lost Oceanic
    1 NES
    1 Ghost In The Shell
    1 PGR4 (hopefully)
    and maybe a last minute "A Clockwork Orange" plate.

So let's see how I did...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Plates that WILL be done by midnight tomorrow night include:

2 Fables (YES and YES)
    2 GTA IV's (YES and YES)
    3 GoC clan plates (Almost - will be tomorrow to mail by noon)
    1 Punisher (YES)
    2 KOTOR boxes (Um... Saturday Afternoon)
    1 Heroes Sylar's Slash (Almost - will be tomorrow to mail by noon)
    1 Glossy Gears plate (Almost - will be tomorrow to mail by noon)
    1 Spatter w/ weapons (Almost)
    1 Boba Fett (YES)
    1 Lost Oceanic (No. Will be done by tomorrow though.)
    1 NES (No. Will be done by tomorrow though)
    1 Ghost In The Shell (Damn. Almost.)
    1 PGR4 (Nope.)
    and maybe a last minute "A Clockwork Orange" plate. (YES)
    I also snuck in an Unca Bill plate.

Here are some pics:

Don't worry. I'll move all this stuff over to my customs thread. Later.

Let's discuss, shall we?

First of all, thanks for making me accountable for getting some of this stuff done. I didn't do all I wanted, but if I didn't set a high goal, all I'd hit was a low one. As it was, from the master list on the OP, I got a lot more done than I thought I would. Still pissed that I didn't get those other two KOTOR boxes done, but they're SUCH a pain in the ass. And in the time it would have taken to do one, I could have done three plates - and did.

Ghost in the Shell: I just didn't have time to figure out how I wanted to attach the figure. She needed her two pain support tubes glued in. For now, it's only a pet project, so I let it slide in favor of plates people were buying, or plates that were more simple.

The table of despair here... all of these WOULD have been done. Honest. Problem was that I didn't want to start doing the blood on one until I had all of them ready for that step. And getting them ready took more time than I thought. I ended up not doing the blood until a couple of hours ago and that glossy stuff takes forever to dry. I am PRAYING that they dry enough overnight that I can get all of them sealed and reassembled so they can go out by noon. I only have about three hours tomorrow morning to get these all ready.

Unca Bill. I was looking for stencils the other day and found that, so I had to do it. Apparently, there is a widespread system failure happening to Playstation 3's. It's a problem with the Blu-Ray drive, and it manifests itself as Error #80010514. It's too early to tell, but all the laughing Sony's done with the 3RRoD, JUST might come back to bite them in the ass. Unca Bill is enjoying a well deserved laugh at their expense.

Ditto for the Clockwork Orange, where I saw the stencil and made a plate out of it. It won't do anything for most people, but I expect a small number of people to lose their minds over it. I don't think Unca Bill amuses anyone but me. (Neither of these plates have a home either, by the way - hint, hint - but I think ghostrider wants first shot at the GITS plate when it's done.)

Boba was a commission. He originally just wanted the Mythosaurus (who writes this chit?) skull and white box on a green faceplate. We talked, and he ended up with a battle damaged and weathered Mandalorian plate. The plate has physical damage done to it with a drill. I dammed on latex rubber in spots before painting it, then rolled the rubber off with my thumb to make it look like paint damage. On most of my battle damage stuff, I make it look like there is a black primer between bare metal and the top coat of paint. On Boba's armor, if you look at the original stills, it looks like his armor had originally been yellow, and then painted over with the green. Anywhere there was metal exposed, there was a yellow feathering around the edges, so that's what I did. I also put the stripes from his helmet across the top of the plate. Finally, I sponged the plate randomly 3-4 times with a rust wash, so it's brown and dingy, not "factory paint" clean. It looks really good.

The Punisher was an idea I had after the Nightmare Before Christmas plate got so popular. Ali decided he'd go for it, but he wanted a specific logo, which I used, and he wanted the pistol and the smoke from the Godfather plate. This is the only toy pistol I have, so that's what I used. So this is Ali's plate.

Lastly but not leastly is a little surprise... mostly to me, but probably for you, too. I figured if I was going to Seattle to an Xbox event where everybody is going to have a controller, I better do something to mine so I can keep track of it. I don't think anyone is going to be able to sneak off with this one accidentally. I haven't tried it since I put it back together. I also painted a battery back but I was rushing it and screwed it up. It still works (I assume - I didn't scre up the contacts), but it's as ugly as Carrot Top.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 04-12-2008 at 02:56 AM.

I painted the keypad black too, and just discovered a problem. When you put the keypad on, it covers up part of the Space Ghost name. Why don't I think of stuff like that BEFORE I screw it up?

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

i like all ur new plates

Banned

I painted the keypad black too, and just discovered a problem. When you put the keypad on, it covers up part of the Space Ghost name. Why don't I think of stuff like that BEFORE I screw it up?
    Don't worry. I'll move all this stuff over to my customs thread. Later.

Let's discuss, shall we?

First of all, thanks for making me accountable for getting some of this stuff done. I didn't do all I wanted, but if I didn't set a high goal, all I'd hit was a low one. As it was, from the master list on the OP, I got a lot more done than I thought I would. Still pissed that I didn't get those other two KOTOR boxes done, but they're SUCH a pain in the ass. And in the time it would have taken to do one, I could have done three plates - and did.

Ghost in the Shell: I just didn't have time to figure out how I wanted to attach the figure. She needed her two pain support tubes glued in. For now, it's only a pet project, so I let it slide in favor of plates people were buying, or plates that were more simple.

The table of despair here... all of these WOULD have been done. Honest. Problem was that I didn't want to start doing the blood on one until I had all of them ready for that step. And getting them ready took more time than I thought. I ended up not doing the blood until a couple of hours ago and that glossy stuff takes forever to dry. I am PRAYING that they dry enough overnight that I can get all of them sealed and reassembled so they can go out by noon. I only have about three hours tomorrow morning to get these all ready.

Unca Bill. I was looking for stencils the other day and found that, so I had to do it. Apparently, there is a widespread system failure happening to Playstation 3's. It's a problem with the Blu-Ray drive, and it manifests itself as Error #80010514. It's too early to tell, but all the laughing Sony's done with the 3RRoD, JUST might come back to bite them in the ass. Unca Bill is enjoying a well deserved laugh at their expense.

Ditto for the Clockwork Orange, where I saw the stencil and made a plate out of it. It won't do anything for most people, but I expect a small number of people to lose their minds over it. I don't think Unca Bill amuses anyone but me. (Neither of these plates have a home either, by the way - hint, hint - but I think ghostrider wants first shot at the GITS plate when it's done.)

Boba was a commission. He originally just wanted the Mythosaurus (who writes this chit?) skull and white box on a green faceplate. We talked, and he ended up with a battle damaged and weathered Mandalorian plate. The plate has physical damage done to it with a drill. I dammed on latex rubber in spots before painting it, then rolled the rubber off with my thumb to make it look like paint damage. On most of my battle damage stuff, I make it look like there is a black primer between bare metal and the top coat of paint. On Boba's armor, if you look at the original stills, it looks like his armor had originally been yellow, and then painted over with the green. Anywhere there was metal exposed, there was a yellow feathering around the edges, so that's what I did. I also put the stripes from his helmet across the top of the plate. Finally, I sponged the plate randomly 3-4 times with a rust wash, so it's brown and dingy, not "factory paint" clean. It looks really good.

The Punisher was an idea I had after the Nightmare Before Christmas plate got so popular. Ali decided he'd go for it, but he wanted a specific logo, which I used, and he wanted the pistol and the smoke from the Godfather plate. This is the only toy pistol I have, so that's what I used. So this is Ali's plate.

Lastly but not leastly is a little surprise... mostly to me, but probably for you, too. I figured if I was going to Seattle to an Xbox event where everybody is going to have a controller, I better do something to mine so I can keep track of it. I don't think anyone is going to be able to sneak off with this one accidentally. I haven't tried it since I put it back together. I also painted a battery back but I was rushing it and screwed it up. It still works (I assume - I didn't scre up the contacts), but it's as ugly as Carrot Top.
    NO WAY IN HELL I AM READING THAT, also great job spacey you did better than any of us here could ever have done also your voice makes you sound 25 fyi

You know you're going to have to start making controllers now that you posted that awesome SpaceGhost one.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    You know you're going to have to start making controllers now that you posted that awesome Space Ghost one.

Don't get him started on those too!!!! I barely see him as it is. lol He does good work though thats for sure. I think I am going to be tagging along on Saturday so you will have the pleasure of meeting me too

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    Don't get him started on those too!!!! I barely see him as it is. lol He does good work though thats for sure. I think I am going to be tagging along on Saturday so you will have the pleasure of meeting me too
    Sweet! I'm really looking forward to it!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

WOW... You make me feel pretty lazy.

I am lucky to get one completed in a day. I suppose I try too hard, or maybe I am just lazy... I am, however, working on a mural, a motorcyle custom paint job, 2 motorcycle helmets, 18 faceplates, 3 xbox 360 cases, 6 baseball helmets, 2 signs, 1 banner, and 3 leather jackets, while trying to squeeze in College, a business, a wife, and four kids as well... Not to make an excuse or anything...

For all you patiently waiting for a faceplate from me, they are coming. I do appreciate your patience very much.

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mypainteffects View Post
    WOW... You make me feel pretty lazy.

I am lucky to get one completed in a day. I suppose I try too hard, or maybe I am just lazy... I am, however, working on a mural, a motorcyle custom paint job, 2 motorcycle helmets, 18 faceplates, 3 xbox 360 cases, 6 baseball helmets, 2 signs, 1 banner, and 3 leather jackets, while trying to squeeze in College, a business, a wife, and four kids as well... Not to make an excuse or anything...

For all you patiently waiting for a faceplate from me, they are coming. I do appreciate your patience very much.
    Damn, you're busy a man. Good luck getting all those done. Don't 4get 2 get mine done 1st, lol
    Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 04-17-2008 at 10:17 AM.

i want a Spacey Edition controller...

space there are not enough words to describe the joy and excitement you bring to the faceplate addicts when you make post and threads with pictures like these.... NICE work man

Thread Information