Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SpaceGhost2K's Collection (as of 4/8)

That's a heck of a deal! Congratulations! Sweet looking too
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

So jealous. I paid a grand for mine and didn't even get the green contorller. I think I got the faceplate though... I honestly can't remember. Around this time last year I had 3 "I Made This" faceplates - 2 of them sealed. If I knew then what the future held for the faceplate collecting community...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

I can't sell a faceplate this week to save my life. It seems like I've been doing everything BUT faceplates. Tomorrow I am going to see my daughter sing and play her viola. I need to get up early and like work on faceplates for eight hours or something.

I have three Toy Story plates in the works
    Two Unseen
    One Speedball
    One Boba Fett
    One Spawn
    One Ninja Gaiden II
    Three Gears clan plates

And before Monday, I need to have these plates done:

2 Fable 2
    The aforementioned Ninja Gaiden II
    2 Gears of War 2
    2 Too Human
    1 KOTOR plate
    And hopefully two other plates I can't mention.

I also need to get a Speed Racer plate and two Ironman plates done, ASAP.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

As someone who doesn't collect faceplates can you explain the appeal to collect them ? I find the artwork fascinating. Also do you hope the next Xbox will use the faceplates you currently have ? I was curious because I didn't know there was such a passion for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChessPieceFace View Post
    As someone who doesn't collect faceplates can you explain the appeal to collect them ? I find the artwork fascinating. Also do you hope the next Xbox will use the faceplates you currently have ? I was curious because I didn't know there was such a passion for it.
    We actually had a discussion about this in another thread... I can't for the life of me remember which one though.
    I think it's all but a certainty that the successor to the 360 will have some kind of customization aspect included, but I think it unlikely the faceplates of this generation will make the cut.

As for the appeal, it's like collecting anything - there are rare faceplates that are difficult (if not impossible) to find. Some (like anything you find in the Customizers Corner) are certifiable works of pop art. Some are available everywhere but just look really cool. Everyone has their own reason for collecting.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I can't sell a faceplate this week to save my life. It seems like I've been doing everything BUT faceplates. Tomorrow I am going to see my daughter sing and play her viola. I need to get up early and like work on faceplates for eight hours or something.

I have three Toy Story plates in the works
    Two Unseen
    One Speedball
    One Boba Fett
    One Spawn
    One Ninja Gaiden II
    Three Gears clan plates

And before Monday, I need to have these plates done:

2 Fable 2
    The aforementioned Ninja Gaiden II
    2 Gears of War 2
    2 Too Human
    1 KOTOR plate
    And hopefully two other plates I can't mention.

I also need to get a Speed Racer plate and two Ironman plates done, ASAP.
    Just sent you a PM. I swear I look for ways to throw money at you.
    Also, If you feel like making another Ninja Gaiden II faceplate while you're making the first one I'll certainly take it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ChessPieceFace View Post
    We find the artwork fascinating too, which is the main point of appeal to most of us.

I can guarantee that these plate won't work on the next Xbox.

It's like collecting action figures or Pez dispensers or what have you. I know people who collect everything they can get their hand on that says Campbell's Soup, Coca Cola or Pepsi Cola. The prices on faceplates has taken a tremendous jump in the past year, and I think that people embracing custom plates, and an increase in Xbox ownership has had the most to do with that. Plus, if there's 200 plates and a thousand collectors, that price is going to double once there are two thousand collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    We actually had a discussion about this in another thread... I can't for the life of me remember which one though.
    I think it's all but a certainty that the successor to the 360 will have some kind of customization aspect included, but I think it unlikely the faceplates of this generation will make the cut.

As for the appeal, it's like collecting anything - there are rare faceplates that are difficult (if not impossible) to find. Some (like anything you find in the Customizers Corner) are certifiable works of pop art. Some are available everywhere but just look really cool. Everyone has their own reason for collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Just sent you a PM. I swear I look for ways to throw money at you.
    Also, If you feel like making another Ninja Gaiden II faceplate while you're making the first one I'll certainly take it.

Let me try to get one done, first. I need to have one to take to the Spring Showcase because I'm hoping Itagaki-san will be there. I've probably cut fifty stickers to try and get enough bits and pieces to make ONE plate. The lines are just too thin to cut.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

No worries. I figured if it was something quick and easy I'd just ask you make another one. If it's really a pain I can live without it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

very nice collection you have SpaceGhost and you've put some very nice plates out into the community. thanks for sharing from the new guy

Thread Information