Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Custom Xbox 360 Elite Modded Case, Xbox360 Case / Hardware Modding

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

Arrow My Custom Xbox 360 Elite Modded Case, Xbox360 Case / Hardware Modding

Ok so here's what I am doin to my system **will be updating when more stuff gets done**:

* Custom paint job on the system case
    * Custom paint job on the air cover flow
    * Custom window cut on the top of the 360, put in custom lexan window
    * Replace fans (Talismoon) with Blue LEDs , with fan speeds button
    * LED lighting
    * Change the RF Module lights from green to blue
    * Changing 3 controllers rights of lights from green to 1 blue, 1 red, 1 white, & keeping 1 green
    * Custom paint job on the controllers
    * Custom paint job rechargeable battery packs
    * Change the plug & play cord color from green to blue
    * Change lights in the media remote from green to blue
    * Custom paint job on the media remote

**** Custom Paint Job is being done by www.mypainteffects.com ****

So here's pictures of the status of everything

Here's What I Started With:

LED's Changed In 1 Controller To Blue:

Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 04-23-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Default My Custom Xbox 360 Elite Modded Case & MORE

Changing The RF Module From Green Lights To Blue Lights With Red Error Lights:
    Before:

After:

Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 04-17-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Installing The "WHISPER MAX With Blue LEDs":

Installing A Nitro Switch / Button For The "WHISPER MAX" To Control Fan Speed:

2 Small Heatsinks:

What Is Being Painted On The "LEFT / BOTTOM" Side Of The 360:

Countrollers Are Being Painted Similar To These:
    Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 04-17-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Wow, I can already see this system is gonna look bad ass! Good luck, cant wait to see the end finish, also, Brand New Elite?
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    Wow, I can already see this system is gonna look bad ass! Good luck, cant wait to see the end finish, also, Brand New Elite?
    yes brand new, right from the store, got it for $370
    Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 04-17-2008 at 10:38 AM.

that looks like that is going to be a piece of art upon completion

Quote Originally Posted by $oul [A]$$A$$IN View Post
    yes brand new, right from the store, got it for $370
    Very nice, Once I start working, I am hoping to pick up the elite, and use it, have my console as a back up.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

OMG that is so pretty. Spacey is gonna hate you because now I am going to be on him to do all that stuff to my 360 once I get one. I was already going to get him to paint it but i want pretty blue lights too!!! *wantwantwant*(not the same artwork and stuff of course lol)
    Last edited by KatamariKutie; 04-17-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    OMG that is so pretty. Spacey is gonna hate you because now I am going to be on him to do all that stuff to my 360 once I get one. I was already going to get him to paint it but i want pretty blue lights too!!! *wantwantwant*(not the same artwork and stuff of course lol)
    i can do the lights 4 u 4 a small fee, plus parts

Quote Originally Posted by $oul [A]$$A$$IN View Post
    i can do the lights 4 u 4 a small fee, plus parts
    I won't have to pay Spacey (he's mah boyfriend)

I think your case mod is cool though. I can't wait to see the finished product. My ex did stuff like that to his and my computers - sound sensitive lights and neon tubes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    I won't have to pay Spacey (he's mah boyfriend)

I think your case mod is cool though. I can't wait to see the finished product. My ex did stuff like that to his and my computers - sound sensitive lights and neon tubes and all that.
    oh ok, lucky u, lol....i was thinkin about doing the sound sensitive lights then decided not to.

tis117.com

i would mod my 360 but i dont want to void the warranty but mabye once my second one gets back ill mod that one if my friend dont want it no more

Banned

watch out spacey detests posts about things that void ur warranty here u are now warned YAY

Yeah, only thing I wouldnt want to do. Maybe a controller one day.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    watch out spacey detests posts about things that void ur warranty here u are now warned YAY
    really? well this def voids my warranty but idk

OK, let me clarify my stand on modding. This is a good place to do it.

Discussions on modding where the processing of information of the 360 is altered are STRICTLY forbidden. What do I mean by that? I mean discussions of altering your Xbox to do things that it doesn't do out of the box. Swapping disc drives, installing other hard drives, modifying it so that it can store and play games from the hard drive, modding it so it can play ROMS... that kind of thing. If it goes against the "terms of use", I will delete it, and additional attempts to post similar information will ultimately result in a ban.

I find case modding as interesting as the next guy, and IMHO, adding lights and stuff like that is fine.

HOWEVER... my concern is that people will attempt it without knowing the RAMIFICATIONS of their decision to case mod their console.

Opening the console and breaking the seal doesn't just void your warranty (which DOES have a value, meaning you just threw money away), but Microsoft will no longer service your console even if you are willing to pay for it. If the box is sealed, then they know exactly what is inside. If the box is open, they have NO idea what might be in there, and therefore will not accept the responsibility for the condition of those "guts" by opening the box. It will be sent back to you with an "I'm sorry" letter.

Opening the console means that your only recourse in the event of damage or defect is having your console serviced by a party other than Microsoft. And that's fine, as long as you understand that BEFORE you open the box and not afterward when there's no going back.

Finally, altering the use of electricity used by the system CAN be detected by Microsoft over Xbox LIVE and can result in your console electronically being banned from LIVE. In other words, even if all you did was add ONE little light, you might end up with a console that will be unable to be played over LIVE.

Let me give you a little insight. I'm in Seattle right now, having just spent two days talking to over two dozen people at Microsoft from all aspects of Xbox: Hardware, software, marketplace, LIVE, security, etc. I will say this as simply as I can...

Do NOT screw with Microsoft, because they are bigger than you in ways you can't even imagine.

They are not the enemy. Rather, they will do everything in their power to make the Xbox LIVE experience as good as it can be, and they will follow the Terms of Use agreement that you agreed to when you plugged that sucker in, to the LETTER of the law. They are very passionate about protecting the LIVE experience. You may push a little. You may push a litttle more. But when Microsoft pushes back, you WON'T be able to say "but... but... but..."

My recommendation is, and will remain, that if you want to customize your console, do it through the faceplate and not the guts. A blue, glowing BRICK is not a joy to be had.

Honestly, I LOVE what you are going to make this, as long as you inderstand what the ultimate result MIGHT be, and you're cool with it.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Default sweet case

Thats gonna look wicked as hell when you finish, but why kill the warranty on a sweet Elite, put the drive on a regular or pro system and keep your Elite warrenty entact. If your looking for an Elite, check Craigslist, I got mine for 300, new, sealed.
    Like Spacy said, I have a friend who put in some fans and leds, and his system is now banned from Live. Called Microsoft and asked why, they said that their was to much power being drawn through the system, so be careful.

UPDATE 4/23/08:

I just finshed changing the LEDs in the play & charge kit from green to blue & when done being charged from yellow to red:

Thread Information