Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controller LEDs

OK, so i attempted to do this over the long weekend. Long story short, I fried the leds by putting to much juice to them. After the painstaking hours of trying to soldering the leds in the guide button, the regular buttons were cake. Drill, submerge led, fill with glue, simple. I get all my wires together, solder on the resistors, feeling good, so I decided to make sure they would work, hooked them up to a car battery, aparentlly leds can't take 12 volts.
    I did manage to get all the wires out and put the controller back together and it works ( Yeaaaaaaaah )
    So I decided to do a custom controller and matching faceplate, just waiting on stickers. (more on that in the following week)
    All-in-all, this is something I do not recomend for anyone without some sort of soldering, moding, and fabrication skills. Oh yeah, patience, lots of it.
    Didn't take any pics cause I forgot my mem card at work over the holiday, but I will definetly post pics of the plate and controller.

i have onnly done the ROL mod, changed them to blue, came out pretty nice. ended up giving it to my buddy who failed to do it himself.

i used a 8 dollar iron from radioshack. its tough, they are tiny, but its so much fun to do.

size comparison:

Just be careful about the mod talk. Controllers are okay, but anything that voids your console warranty is not.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information