Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medal of Honor: Airborne? PSHAW! Check THESE out!

Default Medal of Honor: Airborne? PSHAW! Check THESE out!

J/K. I figured, since we've already had ONE plate posted this week that apparently caught everyone by surprise because nobody had ever seen it before, I couldn't get shown up like that. Why? 'Cause I'm the KING, baybee. All hail the KING.

Actually, it's just because a pretty damn fabulous guy is sending these to me. How damn fabulous is he? He's SO damn fabulous that he's sending a few of them for me to give away to y'all. There isn't enough for everybody, AND these are so freakin' rare that I will be forced to sit on them until the database is officially up and running. (They're so rare, I've never seen them ever, anywhere, before today.)

That means you guys have to stick around, lol. Evil, huh? What's worse is that there is a thing called "GTWO" which stands for "Get The Word Out." I will be sending info about our database and the giveaway to GTWO, who will in turn get it circulated to a large number of other community websites. Meaning, your chances just went down. Sorry.

On the other hand, and this isn't a promise, just a thought... I might look at registration dates, and give everyone who enters one chance for every month they've been a member. That way, long time supporters of the forum have a better chance as a thanks for their support, but newcomers still also have a chance (since they'll probably make up in numbers what they lack in longevity.)

So I suppose you wanna see these plates?

I bet you do.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Hellon earth159

Mmuussst eennntterrr contest. mmuuussst wwwinnn plates!!!!

Banned

screw every1 else GIMME GIMME GIMME AND CONTEST OR U GONNA HAVE TO SELL IT

*drool*
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Wow... those are sweet Ive never seen those!

Ed...Where do you live? I *ugh* might want to *erm* vist sometime soon?
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    Wow... those are sweet Ive never seen those!

Ed...Where do you live? I *ugh* might want to *erm* vist sometime soon?
    cali durrr

what's the story behind those plates?

Quote Originally Posted by wasabisabi View Post
    what's the story behind those plates?
    Well, first of all they're a gift from Xbox Canada. The man who works there and is shipping the plates to me is working on getting more info about them for us.

so what do we have to do to GTWO and what type of contest will it be and all that good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by UNV Superkid View Post
    so what do we have to do to GTWO and what type of contest will it be and all that good stuff
    Don't know yet. I want to wait until I have the plates, and until the database is up, before deciding how we're going to roll this out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Don't know yet. I want to wait until I have the plates, and until the database is up, before deciding how we're going to roll this out.
    well as it turns out they that rare both out of over 150+ i think so this might be the first time we are seeing them but they sure arent 1 of a kinds but still very very nice stuff spacey

Those are very sweet looking plates for sure.... definitely have to se about trying to win those.. soo fresh and so clean clean... :drool:

Banned

i worry that if you have a contest for them it might go to any person not an actual faceplate collector i would advise you to sell or put on ebay so a real collector can get one of them not some one time fony collector with only store bought plates or no collection to speak of. Not trying to be harsh but heck they need to go to a really big collectors collection i also advise keeping them spacey they are just awesome anyways

Default Wow!

Wow... Just WOW. I've never even heard of those before. Awesome find Spacey!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tacohead View Post
    that was quick i sent that live message what 5 minutes ago???

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    well as it turns out they that rare both out of over 150+ i think so this might be the first time we are seeing them but they sure arent 1 of a kinds but still very very nice stuff spacey
    Um... one of them is x/158 and the other is x/42. x/42 is about as rare as them come, unless you're talking about x/10 like Moto GP '06, or the War of the Worlds/Xmen types that are probably x/25 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    i worry that if you have a contest for them it might go to any person not an actual faceplate collector i would advise you to sell or put on ebay so a real collector can get one of them not some one time fony collector with only store bought plates or no collection to speak of. Not trying to be harsh but heck they need to go to a really big collectors collection i also advise keeping them spacey they are just awesome anyways
    You know, and I told Kamshaft this on the phone last night... there's a little devil on my shoulder telling me that I could TRADE these for plates I could never get otherwise, like Moto GP, Global Support, Madden '08 Vince Young, or even a MS prototype. I'd still be getting them into the collecting community, AND beefing up my own collection.

But then there's that angel on the other shoulder. And he's got a gun.

Xbox Canada gave these plates to US - the collecting community - not to ME, SpaceGhost2K, rockin' man about town. There's a goodie that one of our members has that I want so bad I could part with a kidney for it. And it would be REAL easy to send a PM and say "How about if I let you have one of these in exchange for that?" At the end of the day, I consider myself VERY fortunate to have been chosen as an MVP, and I don't want to exploit my good fortune to rape YOU people. I do have to live with myself, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by tacohead View Post
    Dude, I have no idea how they could just appear out of nowhere, two and a half years after launch. No idea. The fella giving them to me said they were going to be thrown out. Probably eight thousand dollars worth of faceplates, lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Um... one of them is x/158 and the other is x/42. x/42 is about as rare as them come, unless you're talking about x/10 like Moto GP '06, or the War of the Worlds/Xmen types that are probably x/25 or less.

You know, and I told Kamshaft this on the phone last night... there's a little devil on my shoulder telling me that I could TRADE these for plates I could never get otherwise, like Moto GP, Global Support, Madden '08 Vince Young, or even a MS prototype. I'd still be getting them into the collecting community, AND beefing up my own collection.

But then there's that angel on the other shoulder. And he's got a gun.

Xbox Canada gave these plates to US - the collecting community - not to ME, SpaceGhost2K, rockin' man about town. There's a goodie that one of our members has that I want so bad I could part with a kidney for it. And it would be REAL easy to send a PM and say "How about if I let you have one of these in exchange for that?" At the end of the day, I consider myself VERY fortunate to have been chosen as an MVP, and I don't want to exploit my good fortune to rape YOU people. I do have to live with myself, you know.

Dude, I have no idea how they could just appear out of nowhere, two and a half years after launch. No idea. The fella giving them to me said they were going to be thrown out. Probably eight thousand dollars worth of faceplates, lol.
    well good luck adn think carefully about your decision and make sure the person who recievces it wont turn around and sell to GIAGANTIC PROFIT or just sell or trade them away. I aint volutiering myself just saying that either you keep them or give to gameking/moltenluv/tacohead they are the hardest hardcore collectors on this site and yes others have nice collections but you might not be here forever they have been here for almost a year now

Well, if you win a plate and choose to sell it for a thousand bucks. that's good for you and sucks to be me. But that's part of being an MVP. There's things I can do that you can't, and there's things YOU can do that I can't.

Hey, I'd like to sell two of these plates for $1,400. Hell yes. In a heartbeat. I can think of about eight people who'd pay $500 a piece for them. I could sell two of them and it would take a lot of pressure off me, and it would suck like an Electrolux to give them away and see someone else make $500 a piece off of them. But that's how it goes.

And you know what? It comes back to me. ghostrider and moltenluv and gameking have all given me plates and supported me with my customs. If I was given these plates and then whored them out, you think they'd still think of me the way they do now? I wouldn't.

In the end, they're not mine. They belong to Xbox Canada who has asked me to pass them along to you. I was given permission (told actually, lol) to keep a pair for myself. THAT'S my bennie.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Hmmm this is an interesting turn of events. I have seen the Jump In one some where before but I dunno where. I have never seen the 54 on though. Hmmmmm my PO Box number is 54, my mom was born in 1954 and just turned 54............coincidence? I think not. It is a sign from the great beyond!!!!!!!!

Thread Information