Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get your cameras out! Faceplate Database Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by cin84_12 View Post
    So how do we access the database?
    Its not done yet. They are doing a "going live" thing later this month.

Banned

you cant you have to be a mod and be really good at reading straight code and only code cause thats what it is.

lol It's like reading the matrix - you get used to it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    lol It's like reading the matrix - you get used to it.
    ya its exactly like that if you get out you can get in and you will get it

that was almost a confusing as the movie was

Hey, Cindy

(Since you're here... I need a good shot of your bubbles plate. The only pic I have didn't have the gloss or the power button on it.)

The Database has a birthday. June 17th. Tuesday morning. The only thing that might delay that is if Kamshaft's baby decides it wants that day for a birthday instead.

Guess what? I'm staff now. I logged in and all my forums looked wonky.

The data that I uploaded to the "fake" site are now on the "real" site, but they're not activated. I still have many more plates to add (now, to the real side) and we've got a couple of other things to address - mainly how it's going to look to YOU all and not just to me when I put in the data. There are a lot of things we will want it to do, but it won't do all of them on Day One.

We're having a major contest to reveal the site to the "outsiders" towards the end of the month. That basically gives ALL of us a chance to look it over and make suggestions for changes (MOSTLY in the data - keep that in mind - not the actual program) from June 17th to about June 27th. So when we DO make the announcement, lots and lots of eyes have looked over it and found issues to fix before we "go public."

Once it's up for all to see, I will make a thread specifically for data changes in the database. If you see something wrong, note the name of the plate and what information is wrong. I will go in and fix it, and then delete the post. That way we'll know that anything not deleted is still pending repair.

Cool?

I have to get dressed for an appointment. Be back in a couple of hours. Kam has to tell me how to add stuff now that the site has been moved over.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    Hey, Cindy

(Since you're here... I need a good shot of your bubbles plate. The only pic I have didn't have the gloss or the power button on it.)

The Database has a birthday. June 17th. Tuesday morning. The only thing that might delay that is if Kamshaft's baby decides it wants that day for a birthday instead.

Guess what? I'm staff now. I logged in and all my forums looked wonky.

The data that I uploaded to the "fake" site are now on the "real" site, but they're not activated. I still have many more plates to add (now, to the real side) and we've got a couple of other things to address - mainly how it's going to look to YOU all and not just to me when I put in the data. There are a lot of things we will want it to do, but it won't do all of them on Day One.

We're having a major contest to reveal the site to the "outsiders" towards the end of the month. That basically gives ALL of us a chance to look it over and make suggestions for changes (MOSTLY in the data - keep that in mind - not the actual program) from June 17th to about June 27th. So when we DO make the announcement, lots and lots of eyes have looked over it and found issues to fix before we "go public."

Once it's up for all to see, I will make a thread specifically for data changes in the database. If you see something wrong, note the name of the plate and what information is wrong. I will go in and fix it, and then delete the post. That way we'll know that anything not deleted is still pending repair.

Cool?

I have to get dressed for an appointment. Be back in a couple of hours. Kam has to tell me how to add stuff now that the site has been moved over.
    congrats on becoming a mod i now fear for my user name because that banhammer looks really nice in ur room next to me

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    The X06 is the orange one x/300 with the sticker, right? I have a few shots of that one, but I don't have any shots of the three X05 plates. Thank you

I'll check out your link to see if that will work, and if it won't, I'll message you. Thanks

Awesome. I think hellonearth159 is doing the same thing. I can always use existing pictures just so there's representation in the database, and then swap out the pictures for better ones as we get them. I was just not going to go grab pictures off of anybody's sites without their permission. Thanks for your help on this.

I don't know what you call the thing that Kamshaft is using for the bones of the database. It's the same as the rest of the site. Plates will be linked to each other, and to their relative games if they're, well, game related.
    Hey Spacey, you can download a zip of my photos here: http://www.lowdown411.com/collection/spaceypix.zip
    Hope they are good enough. I'm heading back to storage this afternoon to put everything back. I'm looking forward to checking out the database!

I thought about something Sean Rhinotronics Korb once told me. He thought it would be a cool idea to track all of the Gorillaz plates on a web page. You would have a context sensitive picture of the postcard and as you hover your mouse over the individual plates a little pop-up would say what town/country the plate was located in. Sounded cool but I'm no programmer. Maybe Kamshaft can code that? It would be a fun project to track a bunch of owners down. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tacohead View Post
    Hey Spacey, you can download a zip of my photos here: http://www.lowdown411.com/collection/spaceypix.zip
    Hope they are good enough. I'm heading back to storage this afternoon to put everything back. I'm looking forward to checking out the database!

I thought about something Sean Rhinotronics Korb once told me. He thought it would be a cool idea to track all of the Gorillaz plates on a web page. You would have a context sensitive picture of the postcard and as you hover your mouse over the individual plates a little pop-up would say what town/country the plate was located in. Sounded cool but I'm no programmer. Maybe Kamshaft can code that? It would be a fun project to track a bunch of owners down. Just a thought.
    That IS a cool idea. I'm trying to get pictures of as many of the plates that I can. I'll go dl the zip file right now. You're da BOMB man

THAT sounds awesome.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Anything is programmable. How many across and wide was this thing?

600 faceplates
    Staggered Vertical colums of 12 (for mathmatical purposes call it 24)
    Horizontal rows of 25

If you're seriously considering this Kam, it would be a huge undertaking.
    It's easier to look at it and see what I'm talking about:

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    600 faceplates
    Staggered Vertical colums of 12 (for mathmatical purposes call it 24)
    Horizontal rows of 25

If you're seriously considering this Kam, it would be a huge undertaking.
    It's easier to look at it and see what I'm talking about:

It actually wouldn't be that hard. The only thing that would concern me is the quality of all the images, and how they'd all look together. You know from various digital cameras. Let's get this database launched and we can definitely look at doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamshaft-XBA View Post
    It actually wouldn't be that hard. The only thing that would concern me is the quality of all the images, and how they'd all look together. You know from various digital cameras. Let's get this database launched and we can definitely look at doing this.
    I'm going to suggest that it sounds like a cool idea that wouldn't be worth the effort. Hear me out. I have pics from just about everybody in here who has one of those faceplates, and it totals less than 10. Maybe we got some more pictures. Then we're at 20, or 25. The chances of even finding a hundred are practically zero. That would be even if people came out of the woodwork with plates. It SOUNDS like it would be cool, but I think the payoff would be seriously lacking.

Sorry Space, I never saw your post. This is the best I could do with my piece of crap camera.

I could try doing it vertically if this is too crooked.

Sorry Space, I never saw your post. This is the best I could do with my piece of crap camera.

I could try doing it vertically if this is too crooked.
    No, that's awesome, Thanks

*singing*
    Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
    In the wine (in the wine)
    Make me happy (make me happy)
    Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    *singing*
    Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)