Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start saving your pennies...........

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Default Start saving your pennies...........

I may have to sell my collection.

Yes I am being 100% serious. My kitty got sick Wednesday night. It wasn't too serious, he was just vomiting up clear stuff. I took him to the vet Thursday and they gave me some meds and did some blood work and told me to take him home and keep an eye on him. I thought he was doing better because he stopped vomiting. Today I went to check on him during my lunch and noticed he wasn't eating, drinking, or using the litter box and he was still laying in the same spot. He went to get up and became violently ill. It was horrible and really scary. He is now a patient at the vet's animal hospital. They still don't know what is wrong with him. He could have eaten something he shouldn't have, or it could be a virus, or it could be something more serious. They have him on IV fluids/antibiotics and a catheter. If he gets better on the antibiotics then it was a virus if not then they are thinking exploratory surgery may be necessary. Anyway today alone has cost me about $400 and it is about $200 for each additional day he is there and if they have to do anything else it will be even more $$$$. I am a total wreck about this. He is only a year old and I am not ready for him to die yet. I am willing to do whatever it takes to save him as long as his quality of life won't be affected. I have some money because I just got paid but I am really preparing for the worst which means I will need money and fast. The only thing I have that is worth anything is my faceplates and if I have to sell each and every one of them so be it. It is just stuff, my cat is way more important to me. I know some of you think I sound like a crazy cat lady but I don't wanna have to put him down just because I can't afford to try to save him. I would NEVER forgive myself. So I just wanted to give everybody a heads up that sometime in the very near future I may be selling everything but like I said this is a worst case scenario. I am really hoping that when the vet calls me tomorrow to give me a status update that he tells me my kitty has responded to the treatment and is getting better but deep down I have a feeling that it won't happen. I have only ever seen a cat get sick like that once before and he didn't make it. Sorry to have rambled on but I am absolutely heartbroken over this. Please do not, I REPEAT DO NOT start making me offers on my faceplates because I am not certain I will have to sell them.

Ok now I need to ask some advice. I am sorry this post is so long but I am really freaking out. I have decided that I am willing to part with all 47 of my Nintendo DS games that I have in means of getting some extra money. Now today I took them to EB Games where I could have gotten $286 cash for all of them as well as the local mom & pop video game store who would have given me $300 for all of them. That is only $6.38 per game!!!! I took all my games back home and looked them up one by one on eBay. I check the closed auction listings to see what they all ended up selling for. I wrote down the low end price and the high end price. By my calculations (as long as they all sell) I could potentially get about $450 - $650 for all my games. Now it has been quite a while since I listed anything on eBay. I know you get charged your listing fees and your closing fees and then the PayPal fees. So this is what I am asking, should I just settle for the $300 or should I sell on eBay? I know eBay is a crap shoot and everything might not sell but I am just afraid that by the time I pay all the fees I won't make out any better than $300 anyway. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!
    Last edited by moltenluv; 05-30-2008 at 08:20 PM.

I have a Need For Speed: Pro Street faceplate. There are apparently less than 100 of them. tinytoonsbuster just sold one for $500. If anyone wants mine for $500, it's yours, and just PayPal the money to moltenluv.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I have a Need For Speed: Pro Street faceplate. There are apparently less than 100 of them. tinytoonsbuster just sold one for $500. If anyone wants mine for $500, it's yours, and just PayPal the money to moltenluv.
    What???? Noooooo don't do that. I wasn't being serious about the refund silly. It was a joke!!! IF ANYBODY DOES THAT YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY PROMPLTY SENT BACK TO YOU! But if somebody wants to start a save moltenluv's kitty fund that would be ok

Sorry to hear that Rae-Rae. My cat had something like this, It was a 'hot spot' he wasnt throwing up, but he wouldnt eat/drink use the litter box. As too the DS Games, They may take longer too sell on ebay, and with the fees, It might not be worth it to sell on ebay, and if you need the money fast, I'd say go with the 300$. No one's going to think your a 'crazy' cat lady, If I was in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. Im sure he will do fine. Dont stress out too hard over this, I mean I know its hard not too, but Im sure he/she will do fine. I wish the best of luck too you. Mr. Ed , you are the kindest and nicest person I've met on the net.

I wish you the best of luck Rae.
    Last edited by Ry; 05-30-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: put spacey's last name
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOwnzYew View Post
    Sorry to hear that Rae-Rae. My cat had something like this, It was a 'hot spot' he wasnt throwing up, but he wouldnt eat/drink use the litter box. As too the DS Games, They may take longer too sell on ebay, and with the fees, It might not be worth it to sell on ebay, and if you need the money fast, I'd say go with the 300$. No one's going to think your a 'crazy' cat lady, If I was in your shoes, I'd be doing the same thing. Im sure he will do fine. Dont stress out too hard over this, I mean I know its hard not too, but Im sure he/she will do fine. I wish the best of luck too you. Mr. Ed , you are the kindest and nicest person I've met on the net.

I wish you the best of luck Rae.
    Thanks. I really hope he will be fine too. I only have so many video games I can sell! See once again I wish I could see into the future so I would know what I would get total if I sold on eBay. I am not in dire need of money quite yet so if I knew for a fact I would get more from eBay I would stay up all night listing everything.

I have also decided that if I have to sell all my DVD's, PSP games, PS1 and PS2 rpgs that I have been collecting (I have a lot of those), and my 360 games I will do that as well. I have gamefly so I can just rent almost everything I own as I will not be selling my actual consoles/handheld systems just the games. I can't just stop playing all together! I would wither and die! I am too much of a gamer to just give up playing. I would probably go throw all kinds of horrible withdrawl symptoms! After that I shouldn't need to sell anything else but if I really had to I would sell all my faceplates. Ok maybe not all there are a few somebody would have to offer me a heck of a lot of money to part with.

I am just preparing myself for the worst and hopefully I won't have to sell anything more than my DS games.

Dont think about the worst. I once remember when I cat got stuck under the deck, We let him go on the deck and he'd never go off, and I left one day and my mom left and forgot to get him in the house, she was in a hurry or late for work or something, I got home and couldnt find the cat, looked everywhere, He was lost for 2 days one the 3rd I just sat on the deck and kinda figured he was dead becuase he wouldnt last, he's declawed and stuff, heard him meow, he was under the deck. I thought he was dead, but he was fine, Dont think about the worst Rae, It will all turn out.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

Ok well I gotta go to bed but I just wanted to give a little update. All my DS games were sold! Somebody on this site read this thread and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! They deserve a medal or a trophy or something! Seriously! This is the best forum with the kindest people I have ever met. Awwww I think I might cry again! I am not gonna say who it was that bought them all. I will leave it up to that person if they want to tell everybody. Once again thank you so much for buying them, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!

Very sorry to hear of your situation. As someone who has had pets their whole life I sympathize. Glad to see your DS games found a good home!

Sorry to hear about your cat, I hope he gets better. Hopefully they call you and tell you he's good and ready to go home. Glad you able to sell your DS games too, and to a fellow addict, awesome.

Moltenluv, i'm sorry about your cat. I hope everything works out for you. Try to stay positive.

This thread has nothing to do with *****es...

Ok here is the latest kitty status update:

The vet called early this morning and said Mo had stopped vomiting and his fever was down but he still isn't eating. The vet said he was gonna try to give him some food again and would call me back a little later. So he just called me back and my kitty refuses to eat. It was up to me whether I wanted to take him home or not. I figured with him not eating it would be best to let him stay. I would hate to take him home and he start vomiting again especially since the vet is closed on Sundays which means I would have to take him to the emergency center if anything happened and they are superduper expensive. The vet is going to go and check on him tomorrow afternoon to see if he has eaten any of the food yet and then he will be calling me with yet another status update. So Mo is definetly there till at least Monday. I dunno what is the next step will be if he continues to not eat. I have a feeling it will probably be that exploratory surgery they talked about

Glad he's getting better Rae.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

tis117.com

i know what your going through my dog ruptured a disk in his neck and we couldnt figure out what it was the vet thought it was a stroke but we took him to this special dog nuralogist and she found out he ruptured a disk in his neck he ended up having emergency surgery to take the pressure of his neck when he got out he looked alot better except for the 25 staples going up his neck :'-( but he started eating and drinking and now he is the old puppy we all loved.

You have a list of the dvd/psp/ps1/ps2 games you're selling by chance?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

hey im really sorry to hear about your cat... i have had pets my whole life and one of my cats kinda got the same thing.... exept without the vomitting he would just sit in the same spot and do nothing. so i took him to the vet and they said nothing was wrong.... but there ovb was. when he started to get worse and was unable to walk in a strait line and he kept falling over. we took himn agian and they were like "o wait we missed ne thing and yea it this wicked rare diseases... and ur going to have to put him down..." i was so sad / mad at the vet... and i hope that ur cat gets better i really do....
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my collection so far..
    three E305 plates,and one singed by j. allard
    2 of graw 1 and 2,bioshock boxed set,toy r que thing boxed set,dead rising (thanks jak)
    2 of splinter cell,lost planet,UK launch team.,2 of halo 3 Singapore.,I made this AKA Us launch team,Call of duty 4,blue dragon boxed set!,mad cats graffiti train,PROTAGS,URBAN,test drive,zero hour,fear,COD2
    and others like, carbon, viva pinata, halo, halo 3, the white one yes i do love that one, my black elite one, yay

my ebay account is... raven9091
    my aim is... warddo120 (i am on a good amount if you need to contact me)
    my email is... Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Variation View Post
    You have a list of the dvd/psp/ps1/ps2 games you're selling by chance?
    I don't at the current moment. I am not quite ready to sell off my psp/ps1/ps2 games yet but I would be more than willing to sell off the dvds. They are just sitting in a box in my storage unit. If you are interested in them I can go get them and pm you what I have. The storage place is like 10 minutes down the road. Right now I am too tired to look into the games. Most of the games I have the corrosponding guides for since they are just about all rpg's. The guides are skattered in multiple boxes and the games are in a different box. The dvd's are a lot easier to grab.

If you get a list for Var, Pm me one too. I'd glady buy DVD's for a good cause.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

Well the vet didn't call today. I tried calling myself but since they don't have office hours on a Sunday and aren't open to the public nobody answered the phone.

Today was a busy day. Sunday's are my only day off from work so I had lots of errands to run and laundry to do. I did however find time to compile a list of all my DVD's. I have 75 of them and had 2 people inquire what I had and will be sending them the list shortly. If anybody else is interested in knowing what I have I will be creating a thread in the Trading Post section of the forum so that way I don't have to type the list over and over again. I really would like to sell all 75 in one shot rather than just a few here and there. It would be a lot easier.

I have posted the two most recent pics of Mo that I have below. I have a few others of him when he was a kitten that I will post later. I have to download them off my cell phone then upload them to photobucket first. Thank you all so much for caring about my poor kitty. If he was an older cat I would be more ready to accept that it might just be his time to go but he only just turned 1 so that is why I really wanna do what I can to save him. Its not the same around here without him and it is making me even sadder. I just wish they would figure out what is wrong with him. This not knowing is so horrible. I had a few people tell me that I should just put him to sleep. Of course all those people don't even own any pets so they just don't understand. Mo is part of the family. People don't put thier children to sleep when they get sick. I would never forgive myself if I put him to sleep and it turns out that he could have been saved. Sorry for the rant but I have encountered a few animal haters in the past few days. They are MEAN

Last edited by moltenluv; 06-01-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Ok party people I have posted all 75 of my DVD's that I am selling in the Trading Post. The direct link to the thread is http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84650 I must be off to bed now as it is already past my bed time. Hopefully I will have a hundred million pm's with offers for my DVD collection waiting for me tomorrow when I login

Thread Information