Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start saving your pennies...........

You know,my vet,when I asked him if he could lower my bill a bit,actually knocked off around $200 off my bill.They didn't charge for a few of the IV test,and halved the overnight charges too.Maybe you can ask your vet if he could do the same?It'll still be $$$+ cause of the surgery,but a few dollars(or even hundreds of dollars) really adds up.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Well my kitty will probably pull through. Turns out he did eat something he shouldn't have. I don't want to go into specifics because I don't want to turn this into a rant or go into detail about issues I am currently having in my personal life right now. Anyway it was lodged in his intestings but the vet said it was in an unusual spot and that is why the xray/ultrasound wasn't picking it up. So they found it during the exploratory surgery and removed it. The vet said he doesn't think any permanent damage was done and that as long as Mo starts to recover nicely and starts eating again without vomiting and starts using the litter box he should be ready to be dischared on Saturday. Since he is young and otherwise healthy he should be ok and not have any lasting complications.

Yay for Mo!
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Yay for Mo!
    Thanks

I have a favor to ask of you Spacey, can you please clear out some of your pm's? I am trying to message you but your box is full.

done.

Big W00t for the kitty!

Cats eat the most interesting things don't they?

tis117.com

GRATS FOR MO
    get better soon and dont eat stuff that u shouldnt

Thats awesome, WHOOHOO! Glad to hear that the kitty's O.K. An d you didn't have to sell a plate. See, we told you it would be alright.

Ok this is hopefully my last kitty update. Mo came home on Friday. Everything seemed to be ok at first until he started making these bizzare sounds. He kept chewing and making some kind of grinding sound. I grabbed him quick cause I thought he was trying to eat something bad again but there was nothing there. It was really scary because he kept doing it all night long. I was worried that his throat was messed up or that because the vet was looking down low that they missed something up high. The only place I could have taken him at that hour was the emergency petcare place which I was seriously considering. I watched him all night long and got absolutely no sleep. Saturday I left work early so I could take him back to the vet. Of course he had stopped making that horrible sound by the time I got there. The vet tried giving him some canned food to see how he is eating and that is when he started making the sound again. The vet is pretty sure it is his jaw. It could be because he hasn't eaten in a while or because of all the vomiting he did. As long as he keeps eating/drinking, using the litter box, and doesn't start vomiting again the vet said not to be to concerned and that it should probably correct itself. Whew! This poor kitty has been through so much. I kept an eye on him yesterday and it definelty seems like a jaw problem. He only does it when he eats. It seems like it is uncomfortable for him to chew. Now everytime I pet him i make sure to massage his jaw a little bit. He really seems to like that He was being so cute this morning in his kitty bed so I quick snapped a pic with my cell phone. I posted it below. You can see where he had his leg shaved for the IV. The other leg has a shaved spot too. His tummy looks like a train wreck but luckily the way he is laying in the bed it didn't show in the pic. It really makes me sad everytime I get a glimpse of his tummy.

Oh and I am listing all my video games on eBay right now. I have about 13 listed so far and hope to get the rest done today. My seller name is moltenluv incase anybody wants to be nosey and see what I am selling

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Mo is very lucky to have you. Handsome little dude. Hope he stays in good health and you get to have him around for a long time.

I have to say, I am mighty intrigued as to what it was he ate. Mighty.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Quote Originally Posted by thrAsher View Post
    Mo is very lucky to have you. Handsome little dude. Hope he stays in good health and you get to have him around for a long time.

I have to say, I am mighty intrigued as to what it was he ate. Mighty.
    I know. I told him today that he must live a very very long time. I actually think he knows how lucky he is. Every since he came home he as be extra snuggly and constantly wants to be petted.

Hmmmm so you wanna know what he ate. Ok I will tell you. I was pretty upset before and didn't want to turn this thread into something else. He ate the plastic nub off a pacifier. I know its nothing that weird except for the fact that I have no kids. Hmmmmm interesting The vet actually gave it to me as a souvenir of sorts.

Komodo Balogne Noodlez HammeredKomodo's Avatar

I am so happy for you that Mo recovered. He's an adorable little guy. Reminds me of my own cat.

Another one of my cats died a few years ago and it messed me up really bad. I kept him indoors and was really protective and on my birthday I pooled together all my birthday money and bought him a shiny new collar. My grandmother insisted I let Bostwick outside because it was 'mean to keep animals inside' so I did . . . He seemed to like it outside but that night, my mom came rushing in babbling about Bostwick and I went out and he was laying in the street bleeding everywhere and we rushed him to the vet and I was crying and it was horrible. All on the same day as my fourteenth birthday lol . . . So he recovered, even though the doctor said the car hit him in the head. We had to feed him through a syringe or whatever for a while and he breathed wierd, like with a sucking noise through his nose . . . But I was grateful to have him back, but I took him for granted and yelled at him sometimes. That's why I felt guilty when he kind of got the same thing as Mo three months after he got hit . . . He just laid there and stared into space. We tried to give him water and he just kind of laid in the water bowl staring at nothing still and he just died that night. I was devastated all over again.

So anyways I'm so glad that you got Mo back. I would have felt really bad if anything happened to him. I wish I would have had some money to help you out.

it seems Mo is no ordinary cat more like MO the SuperCat!! who likes to chew on baby items in his spare time.

I am really glad that he is better I do know what it is like to have a youg cat and for them to get sick, I had to put my young kitten to sleep a year and a half ago....

So i am really glad that MO is Super

Quote Originally Posted by UNV Superkid View Post
    it seems Mo is no ordinary cat more like MO the SuperCat!! who likes to chew on baby items in his spare time.

I am really glad that he is better I do know what it is like to have a youg cat and for them to get sick, I had to put my young kitten to sleep a year and a half ago....

So i am really glad that MO is Super
    He actually ate a whole baby. The pacifier was the only part it didn't digest.

now that is funny!!

Banned

wow dont make this into a dead baby topic now edward those jokes are just disturbing........................and in a twisted way halrious

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    wow dont make this into a dead baby topic now edward those jokes are just disturbing........................and in a twisted way hilarious
    come on, I for one would pay to see a cat eat a baby, when else would you ever see that? That would just be amazing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_d365 View Post
    come on, I for one would pay to see a cat eat a baby, when else would you ever see that? That would just be amazing.
    umm no....just no.....that took it way too far

I've changed my avatar in honor of Mo's recovery!
    Seriously though, I'm very glad he's better. I've got 2 kittys of my own and hearing about Mo was breaking my heart.
    Long live Mo - The baby eating cat!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    I've changed my avatar in honor of Mo's recovery!
    Seriously though, I'm very glad he's better. I've got 2 kittys of my own and hearing about Mo was breaking my heart.
    Long live Mo - The baby eating cat!
    and because i refuse to be out done by a guy trying to be italian here is my pic that will make mo and everyone else snicker....
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thread Information