Thread: faceplate storage and display

Default faceplate storage and display

i have noticed that some people have a protective clear plastic cases for their loose plates. are these generally avaible if so where from?

i am thinking about putting some in a box/shadow frame and changing them when i get new ones, this depends on cost. if i do it i'll post pics

some are being shown in cases that they came in or retail packages. I know and have seen some members that look to have custom display cases that've been done for showing off there plates. Once I get moved here in a few days I hope to start looking for ways to display mine.
    good Question....
    Last edited by Enamelized420; 06-20-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Hellon earth159

Another choice is using Model Train display cabinets. See tomdeafgermany's collection for an example
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84455

Quote Originally Posted by hellonearth159 View Post
    Another choice is using Model Train display cabinets. See tomdeafgermany's collection for an example
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84455
    Is THAT what those are? Duh. Makes perfect sense. With all the money I spent on those plastic hooks, I probably could have had three or four of those.

Now at least I have something to search FOR.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

That's what I've been wanting to get, so I can display them. Guess I'll go check a model store!~
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

and the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HO-scale-Train-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Now, here's the deal.

The dimensions of Tom's display cabinet is 60 cm high by 80 cm wide, and 7.2 cm deep. That accomodates two faceplates wide, and six high. The glass is split in the middle.

Now, compare that to the dimensions of this display cabinet. The inside depth is 1.5 inches, plenty for a faceplate without figures or other attachments, so let's not worry about that.

The height is only 20 inches, compared to about 24 inches for Tom's display. If that's external which it appears to be, then you're looking at 18 inches or so internal height. The writeup said the shelves are in grooves so they may not be moveable, but if they are, you'd probably get five plates high in the case.

The width is 40 inches external, compared to 32 inches for Tom's display. Now faceplates are only 11.5 inches wide, so I THINK you should be able to get three faceplates wide, even with a little gap, onto each shelf.

If all this figgering is right, and if the shelves are adjustable, then you could get fifteen plates in one case. And it's one piece of glass hinged at the top instead of two sliding pieces.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information