Thread: BIG Find

Default BIG Find

While browsing eBay last night in a Nyquil induced stupor, I came across something I rarely see:
    A Launch Team 360
    It's not exactly faceplate related, but I know a lot of you have been looking for one of these for your collection and thought it was big enough to warrant it's own thread.

Also, congrats on becoming a staff member Spacey! I noticed the slight name change.
    I also got your email - I'll reply soon. I've been sick as a dog (or kitty in light of recent events).
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

I claim this xbox in the name of Mars. Ooh, isn't that lovely?

Read in the Heads Up thread why.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    I claim this xbox in the name of Mars. Ooh, isn't that lovely?

you already have one share the love ed

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    you already have one share the love ed
    Someone didn't notice THIS PART:

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The price is pretty low on this XBox with less than a day left.

Is anyone around here planning on going after it? I'm asking because I'm watching it and plan on bidding on it. The thing is, I already have one. If someone else is planning on going big on it I'll stay out of this one and "share the love."

Post here or PM me.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    The price is pretty low on this XBox with less than a day left.

Is anyone around here planning on going after it? I'm asking because I'm watching it and plan on bidding on it. The thing is, I already have one. If someone else is planning on going big on it I'll stay out of this one and "share the love."

Post here or PM me.
    i might idk as of right now but i might throw in a small bid but hell if you wanna run around your town shouting "I HAVE 2 LAUNCH TEAM XBOX 360s!!" then be my guest just be ready for the public humiliation to follow

I may take a stab at it since I've got my Stimulas check in but gotta see about other priorities first. good find though.

I might. Its a shame there is no faceplate on it but I have an extra US dev one I could put on it I guess. The green on the HDD looks funky to me. I don't remember it looking that shade. Spacey - is that the real deal?

Quote Originally Posted by tacohead View Post
    I might. Its a shame there is no faceplate on it but I have an extra US dev one I could put on it I guess. The green on the HDD looks funky to me. I don't remember it looking that shade. Spacey - is that the real deal?
    I didn't bd very much on it and I've already been outbid. I only did it because my other one was up in the air. Now that's it is as it should be and I take a closer look at this, I think I'd pass. There's no engraved cover on the HDD, which means even if it isn't fake, it's still doens't hold much value as being THE launch team hard drive (not to mention that it's still only 20 GB). The end pieces could be different colors in the photos because of lighting, butnow that I know how easily those things can be swapped out and painted, AND the fact that the ORIGINALS are painted (they're gray on the back), I wouldn't be consinved of that either. I don't know if you can tell by the cate since it could be any launch console and have a similar date. Lastly, I've seen the "I Made This" plates in factory Microsoft packaging. I don't know if the launch team consoles came with a white plate and the packaged "I Made This" plate, OR if they came with the IMT plate attached.

In the end, even if this is a real launch team console, with the missing plate and the missing piece of the HDD, I think its value is no more than a regular used launch 360 - which certainly isn't $349.

The controller looks right though, and I know GameKing28 doesn't have a controller with his. I would just back off and let him have it just for the controller. IMHO.

lol There are already others who are expressing interest so I'm gonna sit this one out. I wouldn't be buying it just for the controller - I was actually going to get it for my cousin (who is also a gaming swag collector). He doesn't need it though - he's never said anything about wanting one. I'd rather see it go to someone that would really appreciate it.
    Besides, I've got other things to throw money at right now.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Well in my professional opinion (har har har) something isn't adding up because if you look at the two pictures the green on the controller is the same as the green on one side of the console - but its not the same color as the other side of it. I thought it was lighting differences but I have seen Spacey's consol and the greens are the same on both ends and the controller too.

I finally broke down and just asked the seller if it was real or not. Here's what I got:
    "I'm 100% positive that the system is real. We got it from a friend inside Microsoft. Its my boyfriend's xbox and he didn't want to publicize where it came from because he didn't want his friend to get in trouble. He wouldn't even be selling it if we didn't need the money right now. The controller is a different story though. He kept the controller originally. Then a few months later he sent it to us out of the blue. The panels on the xbox are a little darker than the controller insert, but its still close. Maybe it faded a little from use? The silver HDD thingy and special faceplate weren't sent along with it. I guess he kept those for himself too. I hope that answers your question and good luck!"

So... I don't really know. It sounds like the console is real at least, but that's still taking her word for it. I'd still go for it at the price it's at now fake or not, but that's me.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm reasonably sure the controller is ok. And if it is, there's no reason to believe the rest of it isn't. Still, the whole shebang: console, controller, faceplate, grills and everything only cost me $500. And a little grief. :\

Pretty hard to pay anything close to that for a partial system. That faceplate is worth a couple hundred bucks, and the HDD is worth about $50 without the metal engraved piece. That's $250 for a Core with green grills that's almost three years old when it will be COMPLETELY out of warranty.

Banned

I'm reasonably sure the controller is ok. And if it is, there's no reason to believe the rest of it isn't. Still, the whole shebang: console, controller, faceplate, grills and everything only cost me $500. And a little grief. :\

Pretty hard to pay anything close to that for a partial system. That faceplate is worth a couple hundred bucks, and the HDD is worth about $50 without the metal engraved piece. That's $250 for a Core with green grills that's almost three years old when it will be COMPLETELY out of warranty.
    EDIT:sorry my browser was messed up forget that i ever posted
    Last edited by JakofallAces; 06-15-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information