Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Win a WALL-E signed Xbox 360 and custom faceplate

Default Win a WALL-E signed Xbox 360 and custom faceplate

We will be giving away one - ONE - of these consoles. The faceplate was designed by SpaceGhost2K and custom painted by MyPaintEffects. The Xbox 360 was made possible through a GRACIOUS donation by gh0st_r1der, who not only provided the console, but arranged for the entire development team to sign it as well. It took both sides AND the top to hold all the signatures!

Besides the awesome grand prize, which we believe will also include a copy of the game (we're confirming that right now), we'll also have other WALL-E prizes and a number of other collectible faceplates (including the Canadian Launch plates that NOBODY has, apparently). Kamshaft is amassing a swag stack of fantabulous proportions as we speak.

**EDIT** Update on the prizes. In addition to gh0st_r1der contributing this signed console, which is a Falcon BTW, that was signed by the team at Heavy Iron Studios, parent company THQ is also donating a number of copies of the game plus three "swag bags" that include WALL-E shirts, coolers and more. Plus MadCatz is contributing some other prizes for this increasingly massive faceplate database launch, and it looks like UbiSoft may be throwing in some prizes, too. WOO HOO!

Our TENTATIVE timeline is this:

NOW: Uploading plates to the database, constructing the viewer access part of the database. Shipping and hoarding the prizes. Also trying to get an answer from xbox.com and Xbox LIVE about covering the contest.

JUNE 17th: Database goes live. We NEED the community to check it over EXHAUSTIVELY! We will solicit feetback from the community here, most of which will concern getting the data right in the database. That will include acquiring/improving photos, tracking down missing information, and correcting erroneous information. It will most likely NOT concern the design of the database itself. We will focus upgrades to the actual mechanics of the database after the contest.

JUNE 24th: The GAME is out, and the CONTEST begins! Contest entries start being accepted. Two major requirements are 1) You have to be a member, which requires joining if you haven't already, and 2) You will enter your contact information following a link on the front page. There may be an age restriction. I have to check into that. If there is, it will be 13 or something. There may be other restrictions concerning a set amount of time to respond to the notification or another winner will be redrawn, OR that Xbox Addict reserves the right to cancel the contest or award alternative prizes at their discretion with no notice. ALSO, other community sites will be told about the contest, and hopefully the word will spread like wildfire. I told Kamshaft that I wanted more than three thousand entries in the drawing.

JUNE 27TH: The biggest movie of the 2008 is released. Period.

JULY 20TH: Contest entries stop being accepted at 11:59PM PST.

JULY 21ST: Winners will be selected and notified. Winners will be announced upon their notification.

And here's the prize. (Xbox and faceplate only, not the enormous fellow behind the console. )

(OK, everybody can bow down and worship gh0st_r1der, now.)
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 06-12-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Wow, That's pretty sweet, I want to go see this.(Trying to get someone to come with me, so far nothing, still got 2 weeks though)Looks funny. That's REALLY nice of Ghost Rider to do this.

YAY GHOST
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

massive credit to ghost rider for this item! wow, only 6 days then untill the database is up and running? what upgrades to the list are going to be implemented after the contest?

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Looks sweet. Thanks to Ghost for hooking it up big. Can't wait to see the database.

Holy crap! When I teamed up to do this with Sapceman, geez I had no clue!
    Hell, now I want that console! Too bad.

But, in the tradition of XBA giveaways and contests. We do them big...but this time it's all Spaceghost.

Good luck, and hope you all enjoy the database.

that's just awesome, thanks gh0st_r1der for the donation and Spacey & MyPaintEffects for the faceplate. Sounds like a great contest w/ some really cool and unique prizes....

We're also gonna have Mad Catz involved in some hardware giveaways too! Stay Tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamshaft-XBA View Post
    We're also gonna have Mad Catz involved in some hardware giveaways too! Stay Tuned!
    Cool!, Cant wait.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

this site and its team and members just keeps getting better and better...

Thank you to everyone for providing such an awesome experince!!!

SWEET CONSOLE AND PLATE!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UNV Superkid View Post
    this site and its team and members just keeps getting better and better...

Thank you to everyone for providing such an awesome experince!!!

SWEET CONSOLE AND PLATE!!
    wow i could rip on you soo bad, but i like you now....slightly and anyways cant ruin the celebration thanks slveti and hope a regular wins

Awesome work guys! Very Impressive!

tis117.com

man thats tight cant wait to see who wins hopefully its a addit here who ever wins that is gonna be one lucky dude!

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Ughhhh Me wants soooo bad.. Wall-E is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    wow i could rip on you soo bad, but i like you now....slightly and anyways cant ruin the celebration thanks slveti and hope a regular wins
    lol, hey i am just trying to put my name on the good grace list i really want that xbox lol

you know you want it toooooo!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UNV Superkid View Post
    lol, hey i am just trying to put my name on the good grace list i really want that xbox lol

you know you want it toooooo!!
    well not enough to get a brown nose or anything for it but yes its cool but then if and when it eventually breaks then i doubt we will be as lucky as spacey got with his developers xbox

Actually the Xbox360 I'm giving is a FALCON (with 65nm CPU) with extra heatsink inside and BENQ DVD drive.
    Those don't break.

Falcon A!

I noted the Falcon part in the original post, plus I added a note about a few other prizes that are confirmed. We have even more prizes that remain UNconfirmed, and we'll announce those as soon as they're locked down.

Very, very cool. This looks like it is going to be a great movie!

Gh0st_R1der you're my new hero!
    This DB launch/contest is going to be HUGE!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Thread Information