Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have an idea....

Default So I have an idea....

So I had an idea of painting my xbox....any suggestions?
    Last edited by Kidd Cartel; 06-18-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    The Leader That Stays In The Rear, Gets It In The Rear

R.I.P.
    Hidden Content - 05-16-08

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Cartel View Post
    So I am just getting into the whole customizing scene. My buddy has been doing it for along time and I thought it would be time for me to give it a go. I will be doing it with the help of my buddy, seeing that it is my first one. But I wanted to run my idea by some of you guys, just to see what other people thought of it, "I" personally, think it's great, but I'm a tad bit biased...lol

For the casing I wanted the all black XCM 360 Black Replacement Case:

Inside of it I want to put some purple lights, in order to give it that blacklight glow to it. I'm having a hard time finding some made for 360's though, any idea of where I can find them?...I keep finding blue, red, green, and white, but I can't find purple. I guess I can always go for red, but purple is kind of my favorite color, and I think it would look better

For the controller I wanted the XCM Black Controller Shell:

The XBOX light instead of green I was thinking about changing it to white. unless someone makes a purple light, haha.

But those are the plans I am making for my console. Tell me what you guys think and any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I was suggested of using the neon lights you can buy from autozone to use inside the 360. They have purple lights, but I am not sure if it will work or not. What do you guys think?

Thanks!..and Im new here as well...I made a introduction thread but i thought I would say hey to all you guys too......lol
    personally i think modding xbox's is a waste of money and time i think that with faceplates they look good enough. but since you need help try sending a pm(private message) to Elite concepts and wicked_d365 and soulassassin. They all have done stuff like what you are interested in. Good luck

Yeah, we talk about doing stuff to faceplates, but not actually cutting into boxes.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

well...its the customizers corner so i just assumed it was regarding anything 360

R.I.P.

well...its the customizers corner so i just assumed it was regarding anything 360
    Yeah, I understand. We try to keep a close relationship with Microsoft and they get bent when people talk about opening their boxes, so we try to avoid it. That's all.

Welcome to the party Kidd!
    Most of the people that post in this sub-forum do strictly painting - faceplates and consoles and controllers... Oh My! (I couldn't resist).

Good luck and welcome to XBA!
    Last edited by gameking28; 06-17-2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I actually re-read the rules.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

we will take off the outsides and mess with them aka leds, windows, pimp paint jobs but when you get into actually MODDING your xbox we cut off their and spacey edits your post

LoL...I am doing everything you just mentioned...im not modding it, and I dont think there is anything different from taking apart the console to change leds and putting a new housing back on the 360. I understand you guys keeping a good relationship with microsoft and I didn't mean to step on any toes.

i just dont think i'm doing anything different than anyone else on here.

but it's cool, i will mos' def' keep that in mind

R.I.P.

Banned

LoL...I am doing everything you just mentioned...im not modding it, and I dont think there is anything different from taking apart the console to change leds and putting a new housing back on the 360. I understand you guys keeping a good relationship with microsoft and I didn't mean to step on any toes.

i just dont think i'm doing anything different than anyone else on here.

but it's cool, i will mos' def' keep that in mind
    no you sorta are since we mainly do faceplates here which MS completely supports. Some of os do go into the customizing of the casing of the xbox but that is with simple drawings and paintings to make the faceplate match the rest of the console. Others also do controllers but they are harder to do and easier to screw up. MS DOES NOT want people modding their xboxes, some peoples xbox 360s have been blacklisted or banned from xbox live and such because of how they were running too cool and too efficiently. We know its weird but hell they can do whatever they want. Now two people on this site are MS MVPs Kamshaft the founder of the site and faceplate database coder, adn Spaceghost2k7 who sadly just lost his MVP status for telling some flamer to stfu on another site. That flamer eventually got banned and cried to MS that a MVP was rude/mean to him and Space lost his MVP status. So MS is very careful about who they pick as MVPs and you can lose that privilege very easily so thats why Spacey wont let us talk about modding the insides of xbox 360s. HEY GUYS LOOK I USED PERIODS

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    HEY GUYS LOOK I USED PERIODS
    And capitalization and mostly complete sentences!!1 Awwww Our little Jak is growing up!

Paint, draw, hell, blow your nose on the damn thing for all MS cares, just do not talk about opening the system or adding internals. You can do whatever you want to the controllers and faceplates, they don't care, just do not open the system, or try to mod it in any way, and do not tell people how to, or link to any site that does. Other than that, you can PM people all day and ask questions, they don't see that, just don't do it in the view of the public. I hope this cleared up any questions you still have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_d365 View Post
    Paint, draw, hell, blow your nose on the damn thing for all MS cares, just do not talk about opening the system or adding internals. You can do whatever you want to the controllers and faceplates, they don't care, just do not open the system, or try to mod it in any way, and do not tell people how to, or link to any site that does. Other than that, you can PM people all day and ask questions, they don't see that, just don't do it in the view of the public. I hope this cleared up any questions you still have.
    seventh time better be the charm, otherwise its just overkill on this kidd

no i understood what you were getting at the first time around...im not an idiot...just because my name is kidd cartel doesn't mean im a 12 year old, lol

and it's cool, i understand what you guys are saying, when talking about modding i always thought it was just related to messing with the boards and all, nothing really with the cases themselves. I preciate the insight you guys gave me.

I probably won't post anything else, but i appreciate it nonetheless

R.I.P.

Repo Man 360

Sorry you had a rough go of it Kidd.

it's no big deal-io homie, lol

I just found another forum that I can add to the waste of my time list

xboxamercia baby!

lol

R.I.P.

Personally, I wish we could do it. But with Kamshaft's MVP status and his site's relationship with Xbox, and my, ahem... former... MVP status, we don't want to rock the boat.

Not even considering all that, customizing faceplates and modding consoles are two totally seperate beasts. ANYBODY - and I mean that - can customize a faceplate. If you totally destroy it you're out, what, twenty bucks or something?

Once you get into a console, you start talking warranties (you no longer have one at that point) and electronics (voltage and wattage management ,not to mention risk of electrocution) and physics (the physics of airflow, etc). It ISN'T something that anybody can do. So there are specialized sites for that kind of thing and as much as I can appreciate the final product, the process is definitely better suited to sites other than ours.

---

By the way, since we're back on the subject again (my own fault and that's okay). Consider leaving your console alone or using a skin on it, and buy yourself an empty case to play with. I have a working Xbox and a working 360 in my room, and a decorated Xbox shell and a decorated 360 shell as well, plus I have another shell here that I'm going to decorate myself. You've heard the nightmare stories of getting non-"straight off the shelf" consoles back in their original condition. I wouldn't risk it.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 06-22-2008 at 05:13 PM.

I understand what you mean Space...I realized that my last post was kind of a basher of this one and I dont mean this site isn't good at all. Just probably isn't what I'm looking for, I'll stick around and post here and there but just wanted to clerify that I didn't mean for it to sound like I was bashing the site, even though thats what it sounded like, lol.
    I totally understand not being able to talk about it and not wanting to rock the boat. I didn't realize all the MVP status' with forums and all that, if I did, I would not have posted this in the first place....I just didn't like the fact of being felt stupid when asking a simple question.

R.I.P.

I hope none of us made you feel stupid, or that you felt we were attacking you. I didn't feel like the thread was getting heated or out of controller or anything like that. I hope you stick around because of what we DO do, even though I know that you want to focus more attention on things we DON'T do.

wasn't tring to make you feel, or look stupid, just tried to clear up a few issues that everyone was thorwing around.
    Sorry if we made you feel like that, not our intentions at all, just tring to keep in good with MS. Nobody wants to see you go, and xbox america is boring. They take everything from 360voice, and that one is boring too, unless your into challanges.

well...lol...i enjoy xboxamerica...lot of good people and i have made quite a few friends there

R.I.P.

Thread Information