Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WALL-E Console and Faceplate contest winners

Default WALL-E Console and Faceplate contest winners

1) WALL-E custom faceplate and signed console, WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and the other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz. Signed WALL-E console and custom faceplate made possible by a joint effort of XBA members gh0st_r1der, mypainteffects and SpaceGhost2K. (WINNER: BattleCruiser)

2) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: Kalwadi) (First winner drawn never responded, Kalwadi is a second-chance winner.)

3) WALL-E prize package provided by THQ including a copy of the WALL-E game and other items pictured on the contest page, and an HDMI adapter donated by MadCatz. (WINNER: THSkillet)

4) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: Fargoth)

5) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: bulldawgwv) (First winner drawn never responded, bulldawgwv is a second-chance winner.)

6) WALL-E game provided by THQ and a customizable NHL faceplate kit provided by MadCatz. (WINNER: LivinItUp)

7) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: Darth BW )

8) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: Imhotepp)

9) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: calltehshots)

10) WALL-E game provided by THQ. (WINNER: astranoir)

11) E305 plate, new and unopened (number range between #162 and #176 out of 5000 so they're super low numbers). Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: Klutch86)

12) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: laughs)

13) E305 plate, new and unopened. Provided by Xbox USA. (WINNER: pwhite98270 )

14) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: y2kash_14)

15) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: goldeneyez9)

16) Canadian Launch Plate (various numbers out of 158 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: araczynski)

17) Canadian Launch Plate with printed signatures, (#15 out of only 42 made). Provided by Xbox Canada. (WINNER: Bidchka)
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 08-13-2008 at 06:03 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

congrats to the winners, including battlecruiser who hasn't even logged onto the website since 11-11-07

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    congrats to the winners, including battlecruiser who hasn't even logged onto the website since 11-11-07
    Awww c'mon Symmetric..... Lets be happy for everyone

The contest was open to anyone who was a registered user and that includes those who don't post alot as well as the people who have never heard of XBA and only registered so they could enter. BattleCruiser must come around as a guest or he wouldn't have known to enter the contest. Of course if he wants to maybe give me that nice Wall-E console or something... PM ME BattleCruiser!!!
    Last edited by KatamariKutie; 07-22-2008 at 01:11 AM.

that raises a good point. didn't you have to sign up to be in the contest? then if his last login was 8 months ago how could he have entered?? i'm just cornfused.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    that raises a good point. didn't you have to sign up to be in the contest? then if his last login was 8 months ago how could he have entered?? i'm just cornfused.
    I don't think you had to be logged in to enter the contest because even though I WAS logged in, I still had to type out my user name and email address and all that. I think it was just a technical aspect of how they tracked the entries or something lol Spacey or Kam will have to answer that one.

Sweet, Laughs won something!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I have my account set so that I'm logged in anytime I come into the site. However, if I clear my cookies, it doesn't matter how my login is set up - I still have to log back in. You can also lurk and browse all you want to without being logged in, so someone could have been in here eight times a day for a year and that date wouldn't change.

All members who set up their account to receive periodic emails from admins were sent an email by Kam telling them about the contest. I heard this was going to happen. I don't know for a fact that it did. Regardless, we made a lot of noise at other sites, and while out entry total wasn't in the thousands like I'd hoped, it WAS in the hundreds.

Kam wanted to set it up so that someone had to at LEAST make one post after registering to validate their entry. The good part of that would have been that it would have mandated a visit to the forums and hopefully, people would like it and stay. My argument against it was that one, I didn't want to place a restriction on entering the contest, and two, I didn't want three thousand posts of spam from people just trying to meet the entry requirements and who didn't really have anything valuable to say.

There's about $4,000-$5,000 in prizes there (a $1,000 console, $600 worth of WALL-E games, $2,400-$3,200 worth of Canadian Launch plates, plus HDMI adapters, NHL plates and E305 plates plus the WALL-E swag), which is ludicrous for an independant site, and still I wish we could have given more.

But we're far from done. We already have our hands on some Naruto and Call of Duty 4 plates that we'll be giving away. I've got more E305 plates here, and a promise of plates from Civilization Revolution. Not to mention that my whole reason for going to E3 was to make connections with the labels to get faceplates to give away, and to find people for signing custom faceplates. MadCatz, UbiSoft, THQ, EA, 2K Games and more will be supporting our site in exchange for us telling the world about their games.

So, congrats to the winners. I'll be sending out emails tomorrow to verify shipping addresses - BUT - and this is a big "BUT" - some of these prizes are in my posession, some are in Kam's posession and some are going to be sent direct from the publishers. That's why there's that little "Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery." We're paying for shipping these things to you out of our own pockets, plus Kam just had a little one and I have to go to SoCal at the end of the week. We're just real people here, so a little patience is appreciated. Thanks

that clears up some..... i guess... never got the email but ok.

congrats to all of the winners...

Congrats everyone who one.

Congrats to all winners

Banned

**** THIS

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    **** THIS
    Aww you'll win one eventually. This is what I think my... 5th contest?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO
    I WON SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the winners
    Last edited by gh0st_r1der; 07-22-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Congrats to all the winners. I recognize the last place winner from another forum I'm on.

YAY! Thanks guys

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by laughs View Post
    YAY! Thanks guys
    Congratulations everyone! Especially those two people whose names are familiar.. lol..

Congrats to the winners.

And thanks again to gh0st_r1der for the awesome first prize.

Thread Information