Thread: Canada launch plate

Default Canada launch plate

Hey XBAers.

I'm somewhat of a faceplate noob (I don't have any ) But I recently won a Canada launch faceplate from Spaceghosts awesome contest. I don't know a thing about collecting faceplates so I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much this would sell for and also if I should hold on to it for a while (if it would increase in value over time.)

Quote Originally Posted by y2kash_14 View Post
    Hey XBAers.

I'm somewhat of a faceplate noob (I don't have any ) But I recently won a Canada launch faceplate from Spaceghosts awesome contest. I don't know a thing about collecting faceplates so I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much this would sell for and also if I should hold on to it for a while (if it would increase in value over time.)
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/faceplate_profile/336.html

There's a picture of the plate at that link.

There are only 158 of these, and 42 of the other one. They came out at launch, which was in late 2005. They only just now have ever been spotted in the wild. One like yours, but framed in a shadowbox, just sold for $600, and it would have gone higher except for a couple of sniping issues. Lowdown411.com has it projected at $800 value.

There are a number of people in here who would like to add it to their collections, if you're really not looking to start a collection. Honestly, it's hard to predict what the price is going to do, so I can't make a recommendation there. I can just say that you'll probably get as much for it from these guys as you'd get on eBay, except that you don't have to take a hit from eBay on it.

Plus, you'd build up eternal goodwill from the community.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

$600!!!!!

Jaw dropping............now.

(Honestly Spaceghost, THANK YOU)

Sigh, more prizes being sold
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

well I can't just use something worth that much! And I'm not planning on starting a collection. My budget won't allow such a thing. So I figure that's what I should do.

damn i was holding out hoping i would win the xbox.....this means i have to buy myself a new one mine is currently a paper weight and out of warranty.

i agree with Variation sigh....another prize being sold.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

if he said that he's not going to be collecting then by all means I find it a generous gesture that he's willing to sell and give someone else who may be a collector the chance at owning one if they don't already have one. Granted he may be charging for it, but I'd rather have some oppertunity, then none.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

at least offer it up to the guys here first , before ebay.

well i just got the plate in the mail. PM me some offers.

Banned

well i just got the plate in the mail. PM me some offers.
    this is so ****ing bull **** every contest here some people win and sell all the stuff and all those people who would have kept it have to pay loads to get it while the seller and winner of the contest gets all happy with his money greed and not over how lucky he was and being grateful just WHO THE **** CAN I OFF LOAD THIS CRAP TOO FIRST AND FOR HOW MUCH

spacey you should have told him it was worth 20 bucks dammit

Registered User tinytoonsbuster's Avatar

any offers yet?
    My Wishlist!
    X05 Canada - Maple Leaf Tile
    Star Ocean Japan Faceplate
    Tales of Vesperia Japan Faceplate

There's not a contest in the world with stipulations that you can or can't do anything you want to with the prize.

"You just won a 2-litre bottle of Dr. Pepper, but you can't drink it unless you share it with three friends." Come on. He could drive a truck over it if he wanted to. It's his.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    this is so ****ing bull **** every contest here some people win and sell all the stuff and all those people who would have kept it have to pay loads to get it while the seller and winner of the contest gets all happy with his money greed and not over how lucky he was and being grateful just WHO THE **** CAN I OFF LOAD THIS CRAP TOO FIRST AND FOR HOW MUCH

spacey you should have told him it was worth 20 bucks dammit

What's with you people. I would keep it, but you know what? I don't collect faceplates. So instead of letting it collect dust in my closet, I figure I'd give collectors a chance to own it. Why is it so preposterous to want to sell it? I'm sorry that I don't have unlimited resources to fund my apartment and my tuition. If that were the case, maybe I'd just give it away. Thanks for backing me up spaceghost and symmetric

What's with you people. I would keep it, but you know what? I don't collect faceplates. So instead of letting it collect dust in my closet, I figure I'd give collectors a chance to own it. Why is it so preposterous to want to sell it? I'm sorry that I don't have unlimited resources to fund my apartment and my tuition. If that were the case, maybe I'd just give it away. Thanks for backing me up spaceghost and symmetric
    Jak absolutely does not speak for all of us. Probably not even for most of us. So just ignore him.

I PERSONALLY would have offered it up for sale too - because I don't collect faceplates. Would you have yelled at me so rudely and extremely unfriendly like Jak, if I was the one trying to sell it?

*swats at jak for being a bootyhead*

I'm curious to see what you get for it, too.

Jake from xbox canada tole me I HAD to keep a set for myself, but if my job situation doesn't change around here pretty quickly, I might have to part with mine as well. I already posted five plates in another thread, with the small hope that I might actually be able to get them again. Once these Canadian ones are gone, I don't think you'll be seeing them again.

Here are some pics of the plate. I haven't been able to find a buyer here on XBA. I'll be listing this on eBay soon if I can't find a buyer here.

Thread Information