Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight case - Joker edition

Default Dark Knight case - Joker edition

I just wanted to give ya'll a sneak peek at a custom case that I finished, and the client decided not to buy. I will put it on Ebay in the next day or so. The pictures are before the clear, so it will look much better after that.

He said he wanted a Dark Knight version, so this is what I came up with... He had $$$ issues, as we all do, and decided not to buy it. Hopefully, someone will want it.

I am probably doing this wrong, but here is a close up of the faceplate...

This side has a window cut out with the Batman logo, or as close as I could without removing screw joints... The window has candy brite red smeared on it. Let me know what you think. I will post it on Ebay after I get the clear applied, for better photos.

That looks ****ing killer. Can't believe someone custom ordered it then backed out
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

that S**t is hot.. i would get that from you.. but you might say something to high for me.. or its probably already sold
    Hidden Content
    OH!? You got a stain too? We're blood brothers!
    What are you doing with my detergent?! I got F*ckin blood on my pants!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I had someone who just purchased five plates from me and he wanted a Batman plate. I forwarded him the link to this thread. May be a little more than he had in mind, though.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The client had an issue with money when it came time to purchase... I am having a similar problem with another case, the chrome one of Sean Taylor... With things the way they are, I can understand... Partly my fault as well I think. I made him wait quite a long time, as some of you have had to do as well. Anyway, I was using a case that I bought off of Ebay, so it is not a cheap replacement one, but an original case.

Variation and azinkidrules, thank you for your comments. I think it turned out nicely... The clear is curing now, and it really brought out the depth! I will post another picture after it cures.

Space, I really appreciate it. It was pretty expensive, but right now, I need to off load it, so PM me if you are interested, and maybe I can avoid Ebay all together.

Registered User $oul [A]$$A$$IN's Avatar

looks better than mine........that is sickk...I am sure if u list that on eBay, sum1 will buy it
    Last edited by $oul [A]$$A$$IN; 07-30-2008 at 06:39 AM.

Soul... I dunno... Yours is pretty cool! I am listing it on Thursday for a 3 day run. I changed the lexan to be a clear window though... Here are some images of the set with the clear. I think it really brought out the colors and depth. The picture is without the lexan window though.

I really need to learn how to upload photos... I am not much of a computer guy. So I will go with what I know and that is attachments...

Here is the faceplate closeup... This one really looks better with the clear.

Finally, the Joker himself... My wife and I finally saw this movie the other day, and it he was incredible! Quite a performance... We are both going to see it a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by mypainteffects View Post
    Finally, the Joker himself... My wife and I finally saw this movie the other day, and it he was incredible! Quite a performance...
    Looks amazing, the clear coat just made everything look so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mypainteffects
    We are both going to see it a few more times.
    Same here, been 3 times to theaters already, I've watched my bootleg way to many times to count.

Just wanted to let ya know it is on Ebay. Item No. 270261221150. Somebody buy it...

yo ill buy it but im susre someone else will outbid me casue that looks aewsome

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse757x View Post
    yo ill buy it but im susre someone else will outbid me casue that looks aewsome
    Thank you Jesse... I really appreciate the comments about my work. Good luck!

Banned

if you want a comment enjoy mine, YOU IS THE JESUS OF MAKING OTHER CONSOLE FRAMES LOOK LIKE THEY IS STUFF, also the jokers face is a little weird looking if your going directly off the movie other wise A------ job man

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    if you want a comment enjoy mine, YOU IS THE JESUS OF MAKING OTHER CONSOLE FRAMES LOOK LIKE THEY IS STUFF, also the jokers face is a little weird looking if your going directly off the movie other wise A------ job man
    Thank you for that creative comment... I am a bit slow at times, but will assume it a compliment. You are right about the Joker though. When I paint something, I rarely try to "photocopy"... I will use creative license a bit, as was this case. I wanted the image to resemble Heath Ledger's character, but also have a comic book style to it. Anyway, thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mypainteffects View Post
    Thank you for that creative comment... I am a bit slow at times, but will assume it a compliment. You are right about the Joker though. When I paint something, I rarely try to "photocopy"... I will use creative license a bit, as was this case. I wanted the image to resemble Heath Ledger's character, but also have a comic book style to it. Anyway, thanks.
    ........right..........i gave you a compliment......right.....

Hellon earth159

Mypainteffects and Spacey,
    I just recieved the Wall-E plate you created and am truly in awe of your talents!!!
    That is the best looking custom painted faceplate I've ever seen. If I didn't know better, I would swear it was a corporate plate
    Everyone on this forum should be bidding on your customs!!!
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 08-01-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonearth159 View Post
    Mypainteffects and Spacey,
    I just recieved the Wall-E plate you created and am truly in awe of your talents!!!
    That is the best looking custom painted faceplate I've ever seen. If I didn't know better, I would swear it was a corporate plate
    Everyone on this forum should be bidding on your customs!!!

Dude, that's 99% him and 1% me. My idea, and ALL his execution.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information