Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution Faceplate Contest WINNERS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    i'm not Canadian either lol do you ship to the U.K or is it too expensive?
    I do, but if someone overseas wants to throw me a couple of bucks to help cover shipping, I'd be grateful, but it's not a necessity.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

I got my faceplate and posters in the mail yesterday, and I am thoroughly pleased.
    Thanks Ed, XBA, and everyone else involved!

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Xbox Enthusiast.
    (not a) Halo Pro.
    Casually Competitive.

I'm Hidden Content

You're very welcome.

Mine arrived today, thanks again Spacey, 2k, and the rest of the people involved! #240/2000!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Got mine in the mail today, it looks awesome! Thanks again to everyone involved, and I appreciate that you paid for shipping.

Banned

hey just wondering was i booted from the contest when i got banned??

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    hey just wondering was i booted from the contest when i got banned??
    I was going to make that decision if I drew the ten names and you were on the list, but you weren't. I think if you HAD been on the list, I would have had to redraw, because the rule for any website contest is that you have to be a member in good standing at the time of the drawing.

We've got a couple more contests up our sleeves though. Plus, if you go to xbox360achievements.org, they're running a drawing for five of the Rise of the Argonauts plates. So just keep trying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    I was going to make that decision if I drew the ten names and you were on the list, but you weren't. I think if you HAD been on the list, I would have had to redraw, because the rule for any website contest is that you have to be a member in good standing at the time of the drawing.

We've got a couple more contests up our sleeves though. Plus, if you go to xbox360achievements.org, they're running a drawing for five of the Rise of the Argonauts plates. So just keep trying.
    i hate them and already won some really ugly cloning clyde shirt i am done with them

unexpected surprise today. I recieved 2 posters in the mail! I'm not sure if they were left over, or if it was a mistake, but I'm not complaining, haha. Thanks again, you made my day!

I think I sent posters out to everybody except the couple who expressly said they would pass. Weird that it took this long to get there. I hope everybody else got theirs, especially the one signed one.

I'm pretty sure I asked to not get the posters and you had that marked down. So this could be a mistake then? They aren't signed btw.

I don't have my list right here, but I checked everybody off according to their responses. No big. There was only one signed one out of the twenty posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clintman View Post
    I'm pretty sure I asked to not get the posters and you had that marked down. So this could be a mistake then? They aren't signed btw.
    Only one of the posters were autographed.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

I have received the posters and have even taken the liberty of framing them. I'm about to throw some gas on the fire for this one, but I am going to be selling the fp and posters. I know I'm going to get a lot of hell from all of you, the only reason I am is b/c I have to head out of the country by next week and if you've ever noticed the price of what a last min. airplane ticket costs to the UK is def. not something cheap. I know you will all flame me for doing this, but this way I wanted it to go to someone on here before I try to sell it on ebay and it goes to someone who wouldn't appreciate it as much as the members here would. I haven't researched how much it would cost to ship the framed posters, but needless to say I will be shipping all items via UPS and insured b/c I refuse from now on to trust my post office in my area. I have already discussed this issue in detail w/ other members and am considering doing a silent auction for this item where users may pm me offers for both framed posters and the fp. Granted this is a bit ahead of myself and come tomorrow or tues. at the latest I will be finding out shipping costs of the 2 posters, and then we can move on from there.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

If anyone read the first post here I am sorry. symmetric sent me a message and everything is just about worked out. I am sorry for any disrespect I sent Symmetric's way. Please don't think any less of Symmetric. I didn't know some of the facts so I apologize for any disagreements.
    Last edited by Omen28; 09-28-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen28 View Post
    How much do you want? And I would like to know the shipping number for the other plates I ordered, because it has been over a month and you said you would ship it last monday and I still haven't heard anything.

Everybody be careful with this guy.I bought some plates from him and sent him the money and everything but he has yet to ship them. I have sent him various messages and all he had was excuses. Then I sent him one final one saying I am going to open a dispute if you do not send me a tracking number for the plates. Then he responds saying I will ship them tomorrow. Well that was last monday. So this whole thing has taken OVER A MONTH!! So I will probably have to open a dispute on paypal saying I didn't receive my package.

SO ALL I AM SAYING IS BE CAREFUL IF YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM SYMMETRIC!

Lets start the flaming. Excuses?? Obv. you have never had to deal w/ what I've gone through so the fact that you're making these kinds of comments only solidify that. Space as well as others have received their faceplates. You haven't received your package yet? Thank you for letting me know this, esp. by flaming me. Lets not bring up the rude and insensitive msg's you have left me simply b/c I chose to deal w/ more important things that required a more immediate response than your xbl msg's. Your fp are on the way and instead of posting your mailing information here publicly for other's to see I will simply say that after this I will be sending you a PM in regards to your mailing address.

Ok now that the inital beating has been dealt with your question as to how much is it going to cost? You need to read the full post that I did where I clearly stated that I have to find out via ups how much it would cost to ship both framed posters. Untill then I will not be taking offers, hence the reason that I need to get that information first. After that has been established I'm doing a silent auction where offers will be taken into account via pm only. I figured that this will also help me to establish relations w/ other members who a) may be new to the site as well as other members and b) allow people who do not have this the chance to obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    Lets start the flaming. Excuses?? Obv. you have never had to deal w/ what I've gone through so the fact that you're making these kinds of comments only solidify that. Space as well as others have received their faceplates. You haven't received your package yet? Thank you for letting me know this, esp. by flaming me. Lets not bring up the rude and insensitive msg's you have left me simply b/c I chose to deal w/ more important things that required a more immediate response than your xbl msg's. Your fp are on the way and instead of posting your mailing information here publicly for other's to see I will simply say that after this I will be sending you a PM in regards to your mailing address.

Ok now that the inital beating has been dealt with your question as to how much is it going to cost? You need to read the full post that I did where I clearly stated that I have to find out via ups how much it would cost to ship both framed posters. Untill then I will not be taking offers, hence the reason that I need to get that information first. After that has been established I'm doing a silent auction where offers will be taken into account via pm only. I figured that this will also help me to establish relations w/ other members who a) may be new to the site as well as other members and b) allow people who do not have this the chance to obtain it.
    Sent you a pm and fixed my post. Again sorry but its going to be 2 months now so i am just getting antsy I guess.

Banned

i hate to be spacey here guys but just calm down, we dont want any heated fights on these forums or you'll get like i did BANNED, anyways i am sure everything will resolve itself dont be all hasty to file complaints and such, just wait a bit if nothing happens ask nicely dont demand or threaten, things like these have a way of fixing themselves out. no need for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    i hate to be spacey here guys but just calm down, we dont want any heated fights on these forums or you'll get like i did BANNED, anyways i am sure everything will resolve itself dont be all hasty to file complaints and such, just wait a bit if nothing happens ask nicely dont demand or threaten, things like these have a way of fixing themselves out. no need for flaming
    Yeah everything is almost worked out. It just been 2 months and I haven't received anything so I just assumed the worst with everything that has happened, not even a tracking number but we are working it out.

Hope you enjoy the fp omen, i didn't know if you had one of those fp's so i decided to throw it in as a lil bonus. I framed the poster (only the signed one, not both), however, I doubt that ppl will want to pay the extra shipping charges for the poster though so if ppl want the fp and posters send me a msg. and let me know your offer and if you want it framed or not.

Thread Information