Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THQ sad.. so sad..

Default THQ sad.. so sad..

So here are the games THQ has made thus far for our XBOX. WWF:Raw, UFC, New Legends, and I think they made Kabuki Warriors. Come on what the H3LL is going on over there at THQ. Are they doing this S!hi to bring down the XBOX. Or do they wanna be #1 in having the worst games for the XBOX. I hear they are even making a Brittany Spears game.WTF. Who else agrees with me. And to tell you the truth I really don't see how UFC was rated 9, everthing X-cept the players looks like they are pasted on the screen. So when will they start making games that will sell and not collect dust?
    Games I own so far:
    PGR--SSX Tricky
    DOA3--HALO
    Obi Won--Silent Hill2
    Max Payne--NFL Fever
    THPS2x--Dave Mirra2
    Genma Onimusha--Wreckless
    Raw-JSRF-Blood Omen 2

Personally I thought UFC was a great game. And can see why it got the 9 rating.

I can't speak for the other games, but WWF Raw is as you say. It will sell, but only because of the simple fact that THQ could take a dump in a box and mark it WWF and that would sell too. As I was playing that earlier tonight, I kinda thought that's what they did.

wasn't Kabuki done by Crave? it's still a pile of brown stinky tho.

Well those aren't the greatest, but at least they are making stuff for the xbox. They are only hurting themselves if all their games suck.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

THQ games:
    WWF Raw: 9.1 at IGN, and a 8.2 here at Xboxaddict
    New Legends: 8.8 here at Xboxaddict
    Dark Summit: well thats just an sorry excuse to make an snowboarding game
    MX 2002 w/ Ricky Carmicheal: 7.5 here at Xboxaddict, its an okay port
    They also have Toxic Grind, Moto GP and another MX game coming out. Nothing heard about a Britney Spears game dude. So they aren't doing that bad with games.

These games aren't made by THQ!!!
    Crave Games:
    UFC Tapout: 8.8 at Gamespot, 8.3 at IGN, and like a 9.4 here at Xboxaddict,
    So its not as bad as you think, you just dont have good tastes

Kubaki Warriors: Well thats self-explainitory bad

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/g....php?pub_id=19

These are THQ's games.

Crave Made Kabuki & UFC, not THQ. So far MX 2002, WWF Raw, New Legends, Dark Summit.

Crave made a heck of a comeback with UFC after releasing Kabuki... thats all I gotta say
    Official PILOT of XBA!

I find it hard to swallow any of this. I've never liked THQ personally and thought most of their releases have been pretty poor...but I suppose that is because I never had an N64, nor did I care about Wrestling games.

I think that just about every game listed in here is a bore or a disappointment. I'll get a bunch of grief over this, but the fact remains that most of these titles have poor presentation, poor gameplay, okay graphics and lack severe depth. But because it's about a certain subject, it becomes the be all end all.

I think UFC was the worst version of it I have ever seen or played. I got rid of it as soon as I could. And it wasn't taste...I really like the DC one. I find the Xbox one right now has a lot of downfalls and I don't understand why everyone got so excited over it. Same with Raw...look what happened there...all the hype about it and then where did all the fanboys go? They crawled back to their respective corners waiting for the next bit of hype news to come out.

Who or what is the next Sheppard for the flock gunna be?
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

It's the developer's that are the problem, not the XBOX. RAW is lacking a lot and UFC is just plain shoddy. Both games were rushed, and UFC is the least ambitous attempt at a sequel I've witnessed in a decade. At the end of the day, I still think that RAW is a fun game (I think it's great), and I don't regret buying it at all. There's a ton of possibilities in wrestling games these days, and it takes time to implement them, and do it well.

You have to remember that there are three competing systems out there, and one of them has 30+ million sold. Not to mention that the XBOX is 4 months old, compared to 6 months for GCN and 2 years for PS2. Devs are going to concentrate on the PS2 because it's a sure-fire way to turn a profit. The situation will only get worse. Hopefully devs while come up with more demanding projects targeted toward the XBOX, rather than producing half-assed ports of DC & PS2 titles like UFC.

All I can say is if THQ screw up their Warhammer 40,000 liscence I'm going on a killing spree.
    raVen

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Personally, I love my UFC Tapout game Crave made a great comeback after Kapuky Warriors

ive been very upset with the crap thq has made for the xbox,i still dont know how they messed raw up,with the delay an all,an yes they are coming out with a britney spears game,someone needs to let thq know that there not doing xbox justice
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Default Britney game!? WTF?!?!

Its true... its true...BUT NOT FOR XBOX!

http://www.thq.com/About/PressReleases/press-333.asp

Oh my... shudder shudder...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Raw and Ufc tapout are both good games by me. I still play RAW everyday. It is still the best wrestling ever. I notice alot of people who cry about raw got thier asses handed to them by the computer. Hey i can understand if every grapple i did got broken up id hate the game too, but i dont suck so it only happens about 20 percent of the time. I mean THQ as much as they rushed raw out the backdoor, its still got alot to it that makes it worthy in the pantheon of wrestling games. I been a raw mark for a while since before it came out and i still am. All I want next time around in this game is some blood and an un-lame roster, and it will be good.maybe by the time raw 3 comes out well have a game like no mercy but of the xbox's capabilities.
    Games Owned: Elder Scrolls 3, Halo,Spiderman,Max Payne,Gun Valkryie,DOA3,NBA Live 2002, John Madden 2002, WWF RAW, Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon

Originally posted by xtr0n187
    Raw and Ufc tapout are both good games by me. I still play RAW everyday. It is still the best wrestling ever. I notice alot of people who cry about raw got thier asses handed to them by the computer. Hey i can understand if every grapple i did got broken up id hate the game too, but i dont suck so it only happens about 20 percent of the time. I mean THQ as much as they rushed raw out the backdoor, its still got alot to it that makes it worthy in the pantheon of wrestling games. I been a raw mark for a while since before it came out and i still am. All I want next time around in this game is some blood and an un-lame roster, and it will be good.maybe by the time raw 3 comes out well have a game like no mercy but of the xbox's capabilities.

Yeah, with all the stuff we want to see in RAW 2, I'm not sure they can do it (and do it well) in one year. Still, RAW 2 will be great and RAW 3 even better. I hope they started on RAW 2 already.

Frostberg

Originally posted by FlyBoy
    Crave made a heck of a comeback with UFC after releasing Kabuki... thats all I gotta say
    lol but dont forget it didnt take much to improve over Kabuki Warriors...a monkey could of made a better game than Kabuki Warriors...see thats why you shouldnt let hampsters make video games!

Originally posted by Woocifer
    I find it hard to swallow any of this. I've never liked THQ personally and thought most of their releases have been pretty poor...but I suppose that is because I never had an N64, nor did I care about Wrestling games.

I think that just about every game listed in here is a bore or a disappointment. I'll get a bunch of grief over this, but the fact remains that most of these titles have poor presentation, poor gameplay, okay graphics and lack severe depth. But because it's about a certain subject, it becomes the be all end all.

I think UFC was the worst version of it I have ever seen or played. I got rid of it as soon as I could. And it wasn't taste...I really like the DC one. I find the Xbox one right now has a lot of downfalls and I don't understand why everyone got so excited over it. Same with Raw...look what happened there...all the hype about it and then where did all the fanboys go? They crawled back to their respective corners waiting for the next bit of hype news to come out.

Who or what is the next Sheppard for the flock gunna be?
    People amaze me. The Xbox is just over 3 months old and all people do is whine, whine, whine. What it should have 100 games out already? Every game has to be a HALO? Go buy a PS2 and count "Jaggies" or the GC and play Mario Golf.

GIVE THE XBOX TIME. IT'S NEW PEOPLE.

The Xbox is an awesome video game console. It's not the second coming of Christ!!! Relax people. And BTW it's funny how some people who think Super Monkey Ball rocks laugh at games like Raw. I ain't a fanboy and I ain't in a corner to crawl out of. Raw is a good game not a cure for cancer.
    Last edited by Xboxfan123; 03-08-2002 at 11:34 PM.

whats UFC like? I dont know whether i should get it when it comes out in the UK or not, any help would be appreciated
    UP THE TOON
    Hidden Content

I found out yesterday that THQ did not make UFC and Kabuki. So fault to THQ you did not make those two sorry a$$ games.
    Games I own so far:
    PGR--SSX Tricky
    DOA3--HALO
    Obi Won--Silent Hill2
    Max Payne--NFL Fever
    THPS2x--Dave Mirra2
    Genma Onimusha--Wreckless
    Raw-JSRF-Blood Omen 2

Thread Information