Thread: MKV (x264) to WMV

Default MKV (x264) to WMV

I found this tutorial very helpful to convert mkv files to wmv.

http://www.ryanwalsh.ca/blog/?p=5

Haha, you finally found it!

Does it have 5.1 or stereo sound?
    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from variati0n on www.twitch.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Variation View Post
    Haha, you finally found it!

Does it have 5.1 or stereo sound?
    Yes it does. My computer is really slow, it's still encoding my first file ever, so I'm not sure what the quality is like.

I'll keep you posted.

This is a super long process. Man, a 6GB movie is on it's third day rendering/converting.

I think I'm just gonna build a Windows Media Center PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamshaft-XBA View Post
    This is a super long process. Man, a 6GB movie is on it's third day rendering/converting.
    Doesn't even seem worth it.
    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from variati0n on www.twitch.tv

If you use TVersity you don't have to convert those files - it transcodes on the fly.

Works beautifully for me.

Default MKV x264 to WMV

So. Ive downloaded various hentai videos, but they are all in .mkv format. My Xbox 360 can access Windows Media Center so I can run movies on my TV, but it doesnt support .mkv format. Is there any way I can convert the files to WMV format so they will work?

I dont want to pay for any special software though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lupziply73 View Post
    So. Ive downloaded various hentai videos

Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo-XBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lupziply73 View Post
    So. Ive downloaded various hentai videos, but they are all in .mkv format. My Xbox 360 can access Windows Media Center so I can run movies on my TV, but it doesnt support .mkv format. Is there any way I can convert the files to WMV format so they will work?

I dont want to pay for any special software though. Thanks
    First, I want to say, lol. Second, download SUPER:

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and download that.

It explains how to convert and what not, and if you don't understand from that, there are youtube video's that can help you there.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Why convert it when watching it in .mkv is much better...I get DTS and DD??

Here is what you need to watch .mkv files on your PC:

http://shark007.net/index.html

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/
    Last edited by Vampero; 12-05-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo-XBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vampero View Post
    Why convert it when watching it in .mkv is much better...I get DTS and DD??

Here is what you need to watch .mkv files on your PC:

http://shark007.net/index.html

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/
    Because he's not trying to play it on the computer, he's trying to stream it through to the xbox.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

I found it easier and cheap to just buy the ASUS O!play. Check it out guys!
    Last edited by Kamshaft-XBA; 12-05-2009 at 07:01 AM.

I'm with Kam on this one....

I've been using TVersity since I got the 360 and it has been somewhat reliable but there have been numerous times when I've encountered everything from sync issues to non-playability of programs that I was able to run in Windows Media. I even went, for a time, utilizing the Windows Media Centre/360 connectivity but again, it was just unreliable.

TVersity has many benefits and is a really great program but the ASUS OPLAY seems to be the best for the buck. There are other media streaming devices but most are in the $300-$500 range. Whereas the OPLAY comes in around $100 (likely a little less for the holiday season).

I don't have the OPLAY yet but everything I've read leads it to being a great christmas gift. Perhaps Kam can expand on the benefits and features....

Sure you can convert the files, but I have yet to find a converter that faithfully converts the MKV qualities.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    Because he's not trying to play it on the computer, he's trying to stream it through to the xbox.
    Oh,My bad..lol Plus I have my PC hooked up to my 52" LCD tv.
    Last edited by Vampero; 12-07-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

Quote Originally Posted by vampero View Post
    Oh,My bad..lol Plus I have my PC hooked up to my 52" LCD tv.
    thats great dude

Default Don't waste time converting.

Just get a Western Digital Media Player. (They're around $100 CDN/USD) and they play everything you can throw at them. It's a pain that MS won't support mkv but it's the standard for HD content on every torrent tracker out there. You'll thank yourself once yourealize how much time you're not wasting converting files. Just Sayin'.

Buy a tv with USB ports, Buy a 32GB usb stick.. make sure tv supports MKV and just transfer walk to tv, stick it in and play!

My Samsung I just bought works wonders with MKV.. Plays them great

also the usb 3.0 on my new PC and Corsair Survivor 32gb USB 3.0 Stick transfer 20GB in 3 minutes.

18. Thread Information