Thread: Is This The Name of The Next Xbox Console?

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Default Is This The Name of The Next Xbox Console?

MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

XBox Pure? Well, perhaps Microsoft is looking to aim high and provide a solid built console this type around. Though, I am confident I haven't shared this yet, but, I own a launch XBox 360 and I have never had a single problem with it!

with order comes chaos OBL infad3ll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l View Post
    Though, I am confident I haven't shared this yet, but, I own a launch XBox 360 and I have never had a single problem with it!
    woow there dont go and jinx yourself.
    LIFE GOAL: to own all 600 faceplates in the gorillaz launch collection
    -current progress 1/600 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

No...simple as that.

Even IF there was some truth to this rumor, it'd more than likely be a 'thin' 360 or something, like PS2 did.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Fake and on purpose. That site is shiit IMHO.

Link:

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20735/1103/1/0/
    MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

Negative. Why would they name their new system after a game that just dropped.

Default New console already? Naw.

Well, if I were Seamus Blackley or any of the original hardware crew - which I'm not - I'd call it "XBOX THE PAYCHECKWRECKER!!!". It's kind of edgy, like "Truckasaurus Rex" and it's well, sort of accurate. God knows I spend too much of my time and money on video games!!! But that's okay, because I love it.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

there is no possible way unless you completly restructure the 360 that a "slim" version could even be considered w/o any major functionality losses. the new 360 boards have been reported being seen as of a few days ago. code named "Opus" (3rd Gen Falcon) these boards are microsofts 2nd to last phsyical update to the 360 before the release of the new system. The last update "Vallhalla" will be released a year after the "Opus" is more "mainstream" so figure 2010, and then brace yourself for the new xbox. The "Vallhalla" chipset is said to combine the 65nm CPU and GPU together, making production costs go down and quite possibly another price drop on the 360, but the price drop is all speculation, but if you look at the timeframe of the 360's launch till when "Vallhalla" will be released thats a very long life for a system. I can honestly say that despite all the problems that ms faced w/ the 360's reliability issues, I'm glad that they didn't decide to scrap support for the system and instead listened to the gamers and poured more effort into development and support. I seriously doubt that MS will make the same mistake when it comes to the "next-box".

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

No, I don't think it is. This is just based on my personal opinion. But if it will be the new name, then I got no problem with it.

Son of a Biscuit!!! LINKINPARK8591's Avatar

just a personal opinion but don't think they would name there next box this. Just like previously mention if they did make a slimmer version the would have really be loosing performance more than likely.

Thread Information