Thread: I just bought 174 faceplates. Honest.

Default I just bought 174 faceplates. Honest.

Microsoft has apparently read my OXM article (lol) and has dumped their remaining inventory of Woody, Hot Rod and Carbon Fiber plates.

Lucky for me, and probably for you, this is where they dumped them:

http://www.99only.com/

That's right, ninety-nine cents per plate, plus tax, and no shipping.

There's good news and there's bad news, though. The good news is really, really good. 174 plates will allow me to take care of all of the outstanding plates that I have or want to do. I still have to find the time, but that's another matter.

The bad news is kinda good news, too. I started working at Game Crazy with the promise of full time and benefits. My first day there, the DM was there and said, "No, it's part time and no benefits." So I called back the next day and said I already had a part time job with no benefits at Michael's, and I wasn't looking to start a collection of part time jobs with no benefits.

The mgr was a little hesitant to tell the boss, but when it had to be done, the boss said no way, we need him. ( ) He said he could give me the benefits, but still not the hours, so I"m going to keep the Michael's job, and the GC job on top of it.

That means I have LOTS of faceplates and very little time to work on them. Not to mention that I'm barely going to get to see KatamariKutie now.

The other bad news really is bad, bad news. That $200 I spent on faceplates was supposed to go towards a car payment that I now don't have. Don't be surprised if you get an email from me, begging to work out a deal for faceplates. There are a couple of people who I've made plates for that haven't had the money to pay for them, but there's also people who have paid me for plates I haven't delivered on, yet.

I will do a custom for anyone who wants one for $50 if they can pay for it upfront. That includes shipping. If I can manage to sell ten (10) in the next week, I'm good.

The other, final GOOD news is that, with the two jobs and the hours, hopefully I won't be in a money crunch like this for much longer.

-----

A separate note: I MIGHT be able to work out deals with you if you get plates at your local store and want to swap them for a custom plate of your choice, but I have to do the money part first. I seriously doubt that someone is going to wipe the stores out, but I did, so who knows? I only had enough to clean out three of the four local stores. Once I get the car taken care of, I'll worry about that fourth store.

Don't PM me because my PM box is almost full. Just email me at mredwebb@aol.com.

THANK YOU
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

By the way, SERIOUS megathanks to Wiseguy for the heads up about the .99 stores.

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

OK two jokes:

1. I should get one because I haven't had a woody in years

2. We have those stores in Canada. Their called 13.47 only stores (12% tax not included).
    MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

I owe you an email anyway - I'll check out my local $.99 store and see what I can find.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

damn spacey nice, and damn nice work geting your first REAL job, also nice job having bad ass money management, oh and Cj will destroy us all if you dont see her enough so ya just a public service announcement, btw sup gameking i hope u have been doing swell

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    damn spacey nice, and damn nice work geting your first REAL job, also nice job having bad ass money management, oh and Cj will destroy us all if you dont see her enough so ya just a public service announcement, btw sup gameking i hope u have been doing swell
    First real job? lol

1984-1990 Radio Shack
    1989-1990 Camelot Music
    1990-1995 Handleman (Asst. video buyer, warehouse supervisor, budget music buyer, sr. music buyer)
    1995-1998 Provident Music (West Coast territory manager for nine states)
    1999 "My Father's House" Music and Gifts, Owner
    2001-2003 Mosaic/Microsoft (Xbox Merchandising Rep)
    2003-2005 Game Crazy store manager
    2006-2008 Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Agent/Underwriter
    2007 Gamestop

Just this morning, I got a call from the Gamestop DM in another area, who I will call when I get out of Game Crazy today. He's looking for managers in his area. It would involve moving, so it's a more more carefully considered decision. We haven't at all yet, so it's too early to assume anything.

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    First real job? lol

1984-1990 Radio Shack
    1989-1990 Camelot Music
    1990-1995 Handleman (Asst. video buyer, warehouse supervisor, budget music buyer, sr. music buyer)
    2007 Gamestop

Just this morning, I got a call from the Gamestop DM in another area, who I will call when I get out of Game Crazy today. He's looking for managers in his area. It would involve moving, so it's a more more carefully considered decision. We haven't at all yet, so it's too early to assume anything.
    Good lord man. Radio Shack in 1984? You must be as old as I am.
    MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

Banned

First real job? lol

1984-1990 Radio Shack
    1989-1990 Camelot Music
    2007 Gamestop

i was kidding geez everyone here is SO literal...anyways LOL HANDLEMAN hahahhahaahhaah

That means I have LOTS of faceplates and very little time to work on them. Not to mention that I'm barely going to get to see KatamariKutie now.
    Don't worry .... I miss stalking you.... it will be like old times when we first met...... bwahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    Just curious why you constantly use my name. Should I use yours?

I won't destroy anyone. I'm just a peace-lovin' girl.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    Just curious why you constantly use my name. Should I use yours?

I won't destroy anyone. I'm just a peace-lovin' girl.
    idk just the thought of you being a raging destroying super-destructive person makes me giggle

Thread Information