Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention all collectors!!!!!!!!!!

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Default Attention all collectors!!!!!!!!!!

The long awaited day has come!!!! My faceplates are for sale. Are people still buying these things? I really hope so. I no longer have any interest in collecting them and therefore no longer have any need for my collection. Feel free to make me your offers. I do not want to have a single one left. Think of this as moltenluv's Liquidation Sale. Everything Must GO GO GO!!!!!!!!! I would like to avoid eBay as much as possible. Thank you.

Oh and I almost forgot I did add 2 new pics to my collection thread. Everything I have is shown there. Thanks again!

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

So what is still for sale I am interested in some. Also if you have any faceplates that I have in my wish list hit drop me a PM.

Thanks Nato

Also sent a PM~
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

pm sent

I sent you an email, although I doubt I can do much to help you out.

I need, like, five grand to fall out of the sky.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

well i guess that answers all 1 of my question(s) and i am saddened by your decision but i am glad you are confident with your decision, BTW WHY WONT YOU TALK TO ME ON XBL IT IS UNFORGIVABLE...(btw i forgive you) so ya hope to see you around xbox and here sometime in the future. BYW RAE RAE SAY HI TO UR CATS FOR ME, my say hi also

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    So what is still for sale I am interested in some. Also if you have any faceplates that I have in my wish list hit drop me a PM.

Thanks Nato
    Like I said it is all for sale. I do not want a single plate left except for the one that came with my console. Well actually I shouldn't say that. I am not selling my Cliffy B signed plate because he wrote Rachael XOXO on it and I am not selling the 57 chevy spacey custom because it has my gamertag on it and I am not selling my Iron Giant or Space Ghost customs either because they were both pictured in OXM. Other than that everything is fair game.

Ok in order to be fair about things I am responding to my pm's in the order I received them. I contacted the first person and am waiting for a response so if you haven't heard back from me hang in there. Thanks guys

Question

I wonder if we are all asking about the same plates?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpunchy View Post
    I wonder if we are all asking about the same plates?
    Yeah there does seem to a few plates that people have a common interest in. I have pmed everybody who pmed me. We shall see what happens I guess. Like I said I am just trying to break even with what I originally paid for them. Oh yeah along with the few I said I wasn't selling in one of my previous posts I have also decided to not sell my Fable 2 signed plate, my Steelers plate (I forgot I had that one), my Devil May Cry faceplate (I love Dante), my Prey faceplate (it was the one plate I wanted the most since I started collecting), my argyle faceplate (I went through all kinds of trouble to get that one), or my Spacey custom SW crash scene plate either. Ok I swear those are the last of the ones I don't want to part with. The rest are all for sale and I am not changing my mind again. Honest! Girl Scouts Honor!

Oh and to those people I pmed today. If you respond and don't hear back from me tomorrow don't freak out. I am stuck working a 10 hour day and don't know if I will even have the energy to hop online when I get home. I used to be able to acess this site via my work computer but they have now blocked this site! I got on the morning after I started this thread to see if anybody responded and then I went to check later in the afternoon and BAM permission was denied. Weird thing is I have been accessing this site from work since I joined. Anyway, I will definetly check back sometime this weekend to see what kind of responses I have gotten. Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by moltenluv; 11-12-2008 at 06:16 PM.

I am so totally not feelin the love here people

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    I am so totally not feelin the love here people
    I just need a large bag of money to tall out of the sky. I'm working two jobs and still only getting 25 hours a week.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

lol well you kinda shot down my pm lol. we went from "yep everything is for sale" to "well... not this... or this... or this.... or this one.... or that.... or that one as well..." lmao sounds to me like you're faceplate addiction is making it hard to part with these.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric View Post
    lol well you kinda shot down my pm lol. we went from "yep everything is for sale" to "well... not this... or this... or this.... or this one.... or that.... or that one as well..." lmao sounds to me like you're faceplate addiction is making it hard to part with these.
    No there are only a few I want to keep. Besides why would you want to buy an autographed plate that says Rachael XOXO -Cliffy B????

I have about 120 faceplates and of those I only want to keep 10. I created this thread without even thinking about what I had first. I forgot Cliffy B signed the plate specificially for me, I forgot that my Fable 2 plate was a gift from Spacey, I forgot I even had a Steelers or Devil May Cry faceplate, I forgot how much trouble I went through to get the Prey and argyle faceplates, I forgot that the 57 Chevy custom had my gamertag on it, I forgot that the Iron Giant and Space Ghost customs were special because they were photographed for OXM, and I remembered how much I loved Spaceys custom Star Wars crash scene faceplate.

They are all stored away in a giant box. They are not on display and I have not looked at them since I took my updated collection pics way back in May. Sorry I wasn't thinking when I said they were all for sale. I did however post which ones I didn't want to sell once I realized what I had. Its not like I was keeping it secret or anything.

Being relatively new here please take this post for what it is worth only my opinion. I am however someone whom looks at numerous ebay auctions for faceplates and have noticed more than a few sales on here.

If your requests for prices for everyone are similar to the prices you sent me then with all due respect you are asking WAY to much. I understand that you are trying to break even for items. I just don't think that it is possible for some of your plates. Some of your rare items I am sure that you could make money on them.

Take for a point your e3 05 plate you asked me for 175. I have seen that plate go on ebay for 50 to 100. The Sun plate although not extremely common goes for less than you are asking.

Again I am not trying to argue with you nor start any argument with anyone but honestly I think that the reason you are not feeling any love is that with the economy the way it is people just don't have the extra discretionary income to put down on faceplates like they used to. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

I would love to buy some of your plates but I can't justify spending double with you verses ebay. Again this is meant with NO DISRESPECT.
    Last edited by mrpunchy; 11-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpunchy View Post
    Being relatively new here please take this post for what it is worth only my opinion. I am however someone whom looks at numerous ebay auctions for faceplates and have noticed more than a few sales on here.

If your requests for prices for everyone are similar to the prices you sent me then with all due respect you are asking WAY to much. I understand that you are trying to break even for items. I just don't think that it is possible for some of your plates. Some of your rare items I am sure that you could make money on them.

Take for a point your e3 05 plate you asked me for 175. I have seen that plate go on ebay for 50 to 100. The Sun plate although not extremely common goes for less than you are asking.

Again I am not trying to argue with you nor start any argument with anyone but honestly I think that the reason you are not feeling any love is that with the economy the way it is people just don't have the extra discretionary income to put down on faceplates like they used to. I could be wrong but I do not think so.

I would love to buy some of your plates but I can't justify spending double with you verses ebay. Again this is meant with NO DISRESPECT.
    mrpunchy, I am going to jump in here, and share with you what I shared with moltenluv. Items in your collection are worth what they're worth to YOU. If that E305 plate is worth $200 to you, then that's what it's worth. Maybe it's NOT worth that to anyone else. So what? If I priced everything at what everyone else would like to get them for, I'd be selling all my plates for ten bucks a piece. I've had people balk at my asking price of $40 for a custom plate. Maybe that's not what it's worth to them, but it's darn sure what my time and materials to make that plate are worth to ME.

So if she's not turning a bunch of plates, that really is okay. She'll either just not sell the plate, or decide later that that particular plate is not worth TO HER what she paid for it anymore.

I know that the going price for an E305 plate is in the $50-$100 range, but there's not a chance in hell you could talk me into selling mine for that price. If you wanted mine, you'd offer me more, or you'd take your chances somewhere else.

I can tell you this... the items in moltenluv's collection are IMMACULATE and she WILL let you know if it's otherwise. Will that guy on eBay selling you a plate be that forthcoming? What is it worth to you to know that that E305 plate is coming in honest-to-God MINT condition? Save yourself fifty bucks and buy one from Joe's Wholesale Electronics Clearinghouse dot com? And when it comes looking like crap, you have to turn around and buy one AGAIN. So what are you out, then?

I know for a fact that moltenluv wanted a mint Bioshock plate with box and everything. She got one with a fine plate but a damaged box, and she gave it to me and bought herself another one. Now, knowing that that's the kind of person and kind of collector she is, doesn't that make it worth it to pay a little more for her stuff as opposed to taking your chances with some clown on eBay?

Last thing I'll say on her behalf: Some of her plates might seem like she's asking for more than their current going prices, but be fair and recognize that for some of the other plates, she's asking for less than their going prices. It just depends on which plates you want, and which ones you're looking at. Those two Canadian plates like the ones we gave away in the WALL-E drawing... one of them has only been on eBay once, and the other one not at all. What she's asking is the same price they were valued at lowdown411's.

Anyway, I'm not targeting this at you, but at the general response to the OP. I really don't think you guys are taking everything into consideration when you're making these claims. She's got some plates you'll never see again. What price do you put on those? IMHO, if she wants to break even on the whole collection, she should take some of the more rare plates and actually ask MORE for them. For instance, I know what she paid for that tie-die swirl Swarovski plate because my mom made it, and if I were her, I'd have no problem asking double for that plate what she paid for it. It's worth every penny of double what it cost her, and that profit will help offset the loss on some other plate(s).

very good points. it seems lately that people are trying to pick up rare items for next to nothing. It may be the economy or it may be ppl wanting to be ***holes and trying to in essence steal it away. lol like the guy who offered me $40 for my korean launch faceplate, i mean seriously get real, this plate is worth at least $200 lmao $40 dollars?? and I have to pay shipping to korea?!?!? lmao yeah right where do I sign up for that one lol. I'm tryin to get my faceplate collection down and focus only on some limited items that are worth something to me, but like hell i'm going to sell a rare item for $40.

I went through your collection thread and there's a bunch of stuff I'd love to take off your hands, but I just can't afford it right now. I've even considered selling off a couple of my plates to help me pay the bills.

The economy sucks right now so it's either a great time to be a collector or a terrible time.
    That probably needs an explanation since on it's own it sounds contradictory.

People everywhere are getting hit pretty hard and selling off their collections... of everything. It's great for collectors with money but terrible for those that don't (because they're the ones selling).

Spacey was offering up his ENTIRE star wars collection a while back - a collection he's been working on for... well a lot of years. I think he was only asking for a fraction of what he paid for it all.

I bought a Prey faceplate on eBay a little while back for something like $250 - That's probably less than anyone else here has paid for one and that plate is supposedly more rare than even the Canadian launch plates.

My point is, I know you're trying to recoup what you paid for your collection and essentially break even, but I don't know if that's possible because it seems like all of our faceplates are going DOWN in value. I paid some insane amounts for faceplates as little as a year ago that now go for 1/4 of what I paid on eBay.

All that being said, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you stick around to hang out with us here even if you don't collect anymore!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Spacey was offering up his ENTIRE star wars collection a while back - a collection he's been working on for... well a lot of years. I think he was only asking for a fraction of what he paid for it all.
    very well put, its become a buyer's market, however not a sellers by far. I'm even thinking of selling my vintage ('77-'83) collection of star wars. lol I was even contemplating selling my Master Replica's Darth Vader FX Lightsaber and a gift of Star Wars movie preview film reel. I don't think however, now is a good time b/c like you said the economy is takin a mammoth hit and we're all feeling it in our pockets.

Thread Information