Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop ripping us off xbl!!!

Boom-De-Adda

Angry Stop ripping us off xbl!!!

Is this christmas all over again! for three days now I can't sign on! it's been three days now of this bs. I sat on the phone for 2 and a half hour from them not even to answer. Get ready for it because this is gonna happen a lot in the next couple weeks and if it wont let me on by tonight im selling this junk and getting me a playstation! this is all because of the NXE which is just another way for bill gates to milk more money off us! Netflex is bs because you need to hook up a box to watch movies! Avatars are bs because anything you want to use on them are gonna cost at least five hundred MS POINTS! WHY ARE THEY RUINING XBL TO MAKE SOCCER MOMS AND SIX YEAR OLD KIDS HAPPY! F UM GO LET THEM PLAY THE WII!!!!!
    Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content FlashVars="d=Suspendend+6+Times+From+XBL&gs=600">

Sounds like a blog to me. Sell the system then if you arn't happy, simple as that.

3 days of service outage isn't the same as the month of Halo 3's launch.

I'm glad you also know how much items will be costing for the avatars with the insider info.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Boom-De-Adda

the reason i'm so mad is that i'm top 10 in CoD; WaW and I can't even play or do anything because if i'm offline all my games and downloads are not useable because Xbox can't even make a workin machine. All my friends can sign in but I can't for 3 days
    Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content FlashVars="d=Suspendend+6+Times+From+XBL&gs=600">

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Xbox Live hasn't been down for 3 days, it hasn't been down for more than five minutes at a time in the last 3 days. 1-2 minutes go by and you can sign right back in. Do you get this mad when your power goes out in the middle of the day or your cable TV? Your going to have some outages, nothing is going to be working perfectly 100% of the time.

I seriously doubt that the clothes for the avatars are going to be 500 Microsoft points, especially since the gamerpics now that you buy arn't even that much. Microsoft also isn't forcing you to buy clothes for your avatars or gamerpics, they give you basic stuff that you can use for free.

Netflix I think is a good addition, I personally won't use it. But anyone with a Netflix account I'm sure will love to watch movies on demand on there TV rather than then PC.

Edit: If you haven't been able to sign into live for the past 3 days then I would check your connection because there is a problem on your end, not Microsofts end.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by MosleyTank View Post
    the reason i'm so mad is that i'm top 10 in CoD; WaW and I can't even play or do anything because if i'm offline all my games and downloads are not useable because Xbox can't even make a workin machine. All my friends can sign in but I can't for 3 days
    Not like you could really remain that high up in the ranks forever..especially since I don't have the game yet. Sell your console..no one is stopping you. I have friends having the same problem..they are playing campaign right now.

2 hours of not being able to get through to Xbox support sounds like a huge exaggeration.

Just relax. Play the campaign. If you've already beat it, play it on the hardest difficulty.

The NXE is going to bring a lot of welcomed features. Stop your *****ing, because I guarantee you're going to enjoy it.

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Xbox Enthusiast.
    (not a) Halo Pro.
    Casually Competitive.

I'm Hidden Content

Boom-De-Adda

maybe you can sign on but I've been trying for 3 days now, I'm not a idiot like you think. With the Avatars you should do your homework. Its not my connection retard its the jewbox

Its not my connection retard its the jewbox
    Wow...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

tis117.com

maybe you can sign on but I've been trying for 3 days now, I'm not a idiot like you think. With the Avatars you should do your homework. Its not my connection retard its the jewbox
    i think someone is either on there period (no offense to the ladies here) or has some serious anger issues to get over dude its not that big of a deal that u cant sign on the world wont stop cause u cant get on XBL just calm down and relax.

Gamerscore Whore

Mosley, stop showing your age. It comes out in full colors from the maturity of your posts in this thread. On a side note, leave your anger checked at the door when communicating with other members on this site. There will be no namecalling and your racial reference to the Xbox 360 will not be tolerated again.

I have been able to sign into Xbox Live just fine all weekend as well. And I have 20-30 friends online at a time each time I am on. So while there is a small intermittent issue like Shawn stated, there is not a huge outage as you are trying to state. You need to do a little research yourself it seems, especially when it comes to the Live issue AND the Avatars. MS is NOT going to charge you 500 MSP for articles of clothing. Thats a fact.

I think the best suggestion was made by yourself. Go get a PS3, and enjoy their "Free" online service but dont get upset when you have plenty of lag to go with it.
    Last edited by CrazyCougar; 11-17-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Funny? 3 whole days?

MosleyTank's Games Played
    CoD: World at War
    Played: 11/16/2008

DEAD RISING
    Last Played: 11/16/2008

Gears of War 2

Bejeweled 2
    Last Played: 10/13/2008
    Pinball FX
    Last Played: 10/3/2008

Seems you have been playing..
    Last edited by Not Yellow; 11-16-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Xbox Enthusiast.
    (not a) Halo Pro.
    Casually Competitive.

I'm Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Not Yellow View Post
    Funny? 3 whole days?

MosleyTank's Games Played
    CoD: World at War
    Played: 11/16/2008

DEAD RISING

Gears of War 2

Bejeweled 2
    Last Played: 10/13/2008
    Pinball FX
    Last Played: 10/3/2008

Seems you have been playing..
    That's some damn detective work there son!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

I've had connection issues as well lately, however, its nothing going to watch a movie and then sign back on later wont fix. I talked to xbox as well since I did my network tests and the ONLY thing that failed was the "xbox live" test, and they couldn't provide me any help. Imagine that, customer support that can't support the customer. Life will go on however, so after I got my information that I just wasted 30 min. of my life dealing w/ xbox customer support, I simply watched caddyshack and when I went to go sign back on, it connected right away. Paitence is a virtue (granted I'm still learning it lol) but in this case its needed. Throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to get you connected any faster, and publicly complaining and bashing right off the bat instead of simply asking "hey is anyone else having connection issues?" is certainly not the way to go. With roughly 10 million ppl connected to xbl, logic will tell us that a 100% flawless service is next to impossible. Some ppl are going to have issues, so you're never alone. I personally would rather have a discussion over xbox's customer support.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Everyone is having problems staying connected to XBL. I couldn't get in more than 2 matches of Gears 2 without being signed out, I gave up and played offline single player, and it gave me achievements. I earned 4 this weekend and they all showed up.
    I know it sucks not being able to play online, but were all suffering, chill out.

Some people told me it was testing for the NGE causing the crashes.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18163/...he-Ball-Again/

But here is the reason.

I was unabel to play much on Friday, but no big deal. Life does go on....

Gamerscore Whore

Just so folks are aware, there will be Xbox Live downtime tonight (Monday) at 5 AM EST/2 AM PST for about 45 minutes. Its in prepartion for NXE which launches on Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCougar-XBA View Post
    Just so folks are aware, there will be Xbox Live downtime tonight (Monday) at 5 AM EST/2 AM PST for about 45 minutes. Its in prepartion for NXE which launches on Wednesday morning.
    Haha! Only two days, I'm surprised though, only 45 minutes. Either it's just me, or microsoft is getting better, smaller dash updates took xbl down for at least a day before. This huge update, only 45 minutes. Don't disappoint ups MS :P

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ainokeatoo View Post
    Haha! Only two days, I'm surprised though, only 45 minutes. Either it's just me, or microsoft is getting better, smaller dash updates took xbl down for at least a day before. This huge update, only 45 minutes. Don't disappoint ups MS :P
    They already did the long down time update, XBL was down for more than 24 hours on September 29th. That was in preparation for the new dashboard as well.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

Gamerscore Whore

Yeah if anyone thinks this is going to go off without a hitch they are out of their minds...LOL! While I hope the update is painless for everyone, we all know the trend all to well by now. LOL!

Fingers crossed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCougar-XBA View Post
    Yeah if anyone thinks this is going to go off without a hitch they are out of their minds...LOL! While I hope the update is painless for everyone, we all know the trend all to well by now. LOL!

Fingers crossed!
    if were arent all unable to sign on to our accounts then i will not be unable to not unsign off my xbox i will not buy anymore not MS products

find out what i mean and win a dollar*

*dollar may be exchanged for something off of the dollar menu's at BK or Wendy's NOT MCDONALD'S!!

Gamerscore Whore

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    if were arent all unable to sign on to our accounts then i will not be unable to not unsign off my xbox i will not buy anymore not MS products
    Holy quintuple negative batman.

21. Thread Information