Thread: Why O Why?

Default Why O Why?

Why am I getting into this? Please someone help me!
    In the last two weeks I have purchased a few plates. I bought a water puzzle right when the 360 came out and it has been on my xbox or it's replacement since.
    I just got an e3 05 it's real just no case and a Zero hour. I am bidding on a Launch team o5 and I FINALLY found a Sun plate. With MS stating they are not going to support them anymore am I crazy to start now? I was always interested in them but never really found a good place to talk about them till I found this site.
    Why O why?

Hellon earth159

Watch out...once you start, it's a hard habit to break. I'm over 350 unique plates into my collection.
    Good luck!

Did I read that Spacey knows that the next xbox will not support them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrpunchy View Post
    Did I read that Spacey knows that the next xbox will not support them?
    why would it the original xbox looks nothing like the xbox 360 so you can only assume that the next xbox console will look much different from the xbox 360, why would ms put all the extra time and money into manufacturing a new xbox that would pretty much look exactly the same as the xbox 360 it would be stupid and i doubt any large number of people would ever care that the reason it was built to mimic the xbox 360 was because of faceplates

Fir sure the next one won't support THESE plates. The question is, will they do SOMETHING? I hope so but I doubt it.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    Fir sure the next one won't support THESE plates. The question is, will they do SOMETHING? I hope so but I doubt it.
    i hope it plays games, i dont know about you but that is my main concern

tact spacey TACT!!!

My prognostication on next generation would make your head swim.

In a nutshell:

1) Xbox Next won't have discs. You'll download games to an enormous hard drive. It will be out in 2011. It will have 1 terabyte of hard drive storage, and for that reason, they'll call it the Xbox Terra.

2) Due to the losses on hardware and losses of developer support because of poor development tools and a weak install base, Sony will opt to not offer a Playstation 4.

3) Nintendo has always changed the name of every console, but with the enormous success of the Wii, they will change their strategy. Rather than pursue the Hi Definition direction of the competitors, Nintendo will announce a Wii2 (We Too). Think of it like a DS, DS Lite and DSi. The Wii2 will be a revision, not a replacement, of the Wii console.

4) Apple will replace Sony in the console market. They will use their iTunes service, and modified Mac operating system to release a console. They are building strong relationships with game devs for their iPhone and it will be a simple matter to get support for their console. Connectivity with the iPod and iPhone will be the main selling feature. With Steve Jobs heading Pixar as well as Apple, expect the release of Toy Story 3 to figure significantly into their launch plans. (I haven't heard the plot of Toy Story 3, but I bet you it will be about real toys vs video games stealing kids' attention.)

I discussed the matter with Michael Pachter (yes, THE Michael Pachter) at E3 and he said I was wrong about Apple. Since HE disagrees, I KNOW I'm right.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    My prognostication on next generation would make your head swim.

In a nutshell:

1) Xbox Next won't have discs. You'll download games to an enormous hard drive. It will be out in 2011. It will have 1 terabyte of hard drive storage, and for that reason, they'll call it the Xbox Terra.

2) Due to the losses on hardware and losses of developer support because of poor development tools and a weak install base, Sony will opt to not offer a Playstation 4.

3) Nintendo has always changed the name of every console, but with the enormous success of the Wii, they will change their strategy. Rather than pursue the Hi Definition direction of the competitors, Nintendo will announce a Wii2 (We Too). Think of it like a DS, DS Lite and DSi. The Wii2 will be a revision, not a replacement, of the Wii console.

4) Apple will replace Sony in the console market. They will use their iTunes service, and modified Mac operating system to release a console. They are building strong relationships with game devs for their iPhone and it will be a simple matter to get support for their console. Connectivity with the iPod and iPhone will be the main selling feature. With Steve Jobs heading Pixar as well as Apple, expect the release of Toy Story 3 to figure significantly into their launch plans. (I haven't heard the plot of Toy Story 3, but I bet you it will be about real toys vs video games stealing kids' attention.)

I discussed the matter with Michael Pachter (yes, THE Michael Pachter) at E3 and he said I was wrong about Apple. Since HE disagrees, I KNOW I'm right.
    spacey you seem pretty confident with this theory you be stealin' secrets from steve jobs? and a whole load of other folks? anyways that seems like a pretty possible occurrence and i guess only time will tell

The first halo is BEST! FlawIe55's Avatar

I dont know about sony halting production of the PS just yet, but what you say about them losing hard and software support, makes sense for them to stop. I think their strong initial sales were from the Blu-ray player, being as at that time it was the best cheapest player out. (heck, I wanted to buy one for that reason ONLY)

I agree with the wii2...its still difficult to get them from retail stores, why not continue to cash in...

As for apple, I 've believed they should enter the console market for a long time, now with the growing strength of their ipods, it makes sense...they just need some GOOD game franchises....I dont think bowling and bejeweled on a console is going to cut it.

Don't know if I believe that we're quite to the point where we CAN go to 100% digital downloads....Microsoft is pushing for it, sure, but with people cracking .99 cent song downloads, they will surely work on $60 game files with ease.

Thread Information