Thread: Airbrushing/painting question

Question Airbrushing/painting question

I used acrylic paint for my latest plate

annddd I dont really like it goes blotchy and every stroke i made had lines in it due to the bristles on the brush which where brand new.

I was just wondering if any one that uses acrylics could give me a couple tips on how to use it?

And for airbrushing which i would rather do but am held back by lack of funds, im wondering if anyone knows where to get good deals for begginers and that

much appreciated.

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Well, I never really used anything but an airbrush (just kind of randomly decided I would try it haha) Anyways, if you do get into airbrushing do NOT buy a p.o.s one. Haha, my friend blew so much money on getting cheap stuff and it just kept breaking. My favorite airbrush gun is the Iwata HP-CH (thats what I use) and it is awesome, and not too pricey. Hope this helps
    For Custom Orders Please Visit Our MySpace:
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

yeh thanks air i was looking at the itawa but its like £200 ($400) and i dont even have 200 pennies at the moment

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Nah, you can find them for cheaper. I got a steal on mine for $130 with a crown tip and braided hose. Just poke around on ebay, they have good deals time to time.
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

Yeh but did it come with the compresser and everything you need to start?

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Oh yeah whoops :P Well, I just went to Walmart and bought a cheap $50 compressor to start with and then just the basic colors. which is like $15 or $20. But it is pretty expensive to start, but it can pay for itself pretty quick
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

with order comes chaos OBL infad3ll's Avatar

when i bought my airbrush i got it here for around 250 i think, and it came with everything i needed to get started (except for skill ) but so far is super nice and works like a dream.
    i have the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS Airbrushing System
    with Airbrush-Depot Model TC-20T compressor

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdep...aspx#abd_tc20t
    LIFE GOAL: to own all 600 faceplates in the gorillaz launch collection
    -current progress 1/600 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Oh, and just a quick tip, I started with an Iwata HP-BCS which is a side feed. If possible, try and get a gravity feed like the HP-CH because you don't waste paint by having to fill up the entire paint container.
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

cool thanks ill have a look into that and hopefully ill be spraying soon

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Talking

[QUOTE=Ohsay;1092515]I used acrylic paint for my latest plate

annddd I dont really like it goes blotchy and every stroke i made had lines in it due to the bristles on the brush which where brand new.

I was just wondering if any one that uses acrylics could give me a couple tips on how to use it?

watsup man yo as far as the brush you want to make sure you get it nice and wet before you dip it in the paint. If you are painting a background what I like to do is use the biggest brush. I draw my desings onto the plate and then put painters tape over the drawings, i then use an exacto knife to razor it into the plate as well as keep tape over what i dont want painted in try that it should make it easier for you and being that your using the biggest brush you wont have to go over it so many times and get brush strokes on your plate

thanks ghangis that sounds like a good plan of action ill give it a try tommorow

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Hey! I've been scanning around for you and I found an auction on the HP-CH that would be a steal Here is the link: Iwata HP-CH
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

Hey ohsay! I also I agree with Mim air effex that Iwata airbrushes better than acrylic paint. I am also using Iwata and it really awesome. For cheaper airbrushes there have an online store where you can find them for cheaper. You don’t need to search google or any search engine just visits the site. To choose your desire airbrushes browse this site. There have also acrylic paint. I think you will be helped by this reply.

Thread Information